Author Topic: Heirlooms being sold for money  (Read 7001 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Heirlooms being sold for money
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2012, 09:07:29 pm »
Don't give up Miwi! You may actually get c-RPG to single-handedly eliminate Gold farmers and that hated Freemium Gaming model!
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »
Have you seen Dynamike IRL. 50 dollar is a steal.

You'll change your mind on that when I make you swipe your credit card through my crack  :twisted:
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2012, 09:18:26 pm »
+4
Someone sold (what I'm assuming is a +3 heirloom) for 50 or 75 US dollars?  So they spent probably 100+ hours to make 50 bucks.  What a horrible deal.  They must be seriously hurting for money, I say no harm done. 

Also, they are asking to be scammed (or possibly scamming themselves), I'd be sketchy of something like that.

Ya if they are so desperate for money that they sold their heirlooms that took forever to get for just 50 bucks, then i think we should consider the fact that they are probably sucking off old men at retirement homes for a shiny dime and some butterscotch candies. I think that is punishment enough.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2012, 09:27:01 pm »
+4
I yelled at the head admins until they actually investigated marketplace trades and realized I was right, and EyeBeat was just wrong.

Wrong.
You assumed some bs and went mad at me.
Bans and unbans happened without you being involved at all, still you failed to report the stuff yourself especially those trades you actually knew about way before Eyebeat brought it up.

No idea why you are still an admin but I stopped caring.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2012, 09:28:38 pm »
+3
just to clarify this isn't NA drama its LLJK drama.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2012, 09:36:40 pm »
Ya if they are so desperate for money that they sold their heirlooms that took forever to get for just 50 bucks, then i think we should consider the fact that they are probably sucking off old men at retirement homes for a shiny dime and some butterscotch candies. I think that is punishment enough.

If you're going to stop playing a game anyways, would you rather have $50 or would you rather have $0?  Obviously if you were trying to play cRPG "for profit" you're a fool who is making slave's wages, but of course almost everyone playing cRPG is playing for fun, so $50 to cap it off would just be gravy.

ANYWAYS
PTX did bring up a good point: it is in the interest of the devs to stop this behavior because they could get in legal trouble.

And why is that?
Because they signed an agreement saying money wouldn't be directly made of the game (I'm assuming)

And why would the signed agreement say that?
Because Taleworlds doesn't want to see their product making money they wouldn't be able to get ahold of.

The sad part of all of this is Taleworlds/pretty much any gaming company ever would rather see no money being made than money they can't get.  If they could have predicted that a different venue of cash could have come out of their game via a mod that had items that people were willing to pay for, I wouldn't be surprised if it WAS allowable assuming Taleworlds could have funneled a bit off the top.  But in the interest of catching contingencies it sounds like that's not going to be possible for anyone.

So TLDR it's against the rules to sell items because 'bitches want richesTM'.

E: Dammit, apparently 'bitches want riches' was a phrase some asshole named Lil Boosie made up before me :(

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2012, 09:41:13 pm »
Naw, it's the same way you wouldn't want someone to exploit (make a movie, make a game, etc) a book you've written and have simply sold a copy of, without getting your fair share.
You silly commie. :rolleyes:
Basically, anything that involves RL money is touchy ground.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2012, 09:41:17 pm »
Wrong.
You assumed some bs and went mad at me.
Bans and unbans happened without you being involved at all, still you failed to report the stuff yourself especially those trades you actually knew about way before Eyebeat brought it up.

No idea why you are still an admin but I stopped caring.

Meow just admit you are a creepy biased little shit who's gone out of his way to grief LLJK with admin powers any chance you get, if you weren't too busy torturing younger players like Ricky with sadistic toying of his account rights by telling him you were always JUST about to unban him until he did something wrong, and to teach him a lesson you would keep him banned for months longer.  And if you weren't too busy with that, you were trying to get underage females of the cRPG community to fly to europe to stay with you so you could get them drunk and fuck them  :oops:

creep!
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2012, 09:45:35 pm »
+4
You got me.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2012, 09:47:29 pm »
Meow just admit you are a creepy biased little shit who's gone out of his way to grief LLJK with admin powers any chance you get, if you weren't too busy torturing younger players like Ricky with sadistic toying of his account rights by telling him you were always JUST about to unban him until he did something wrong, and to teach him a lesson you would keep him banned for months longer.  And if you weren't too busy with that, you were trying to get underage females of the cRPG community to fly to europe to stay with you so you could get them drunk and fuck them  :oops:

creep!

Low, Smooth!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2012, 09:49:17 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Why is he an admin?

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2012, 09:54:04 pm »
+3
Just like an admin has the obligation to bring attention to people buying looms for real money, they have the obligation to expose sexual predators and pedophiles in the system for the good of the community.  If someone doesn't blow the whistle on Meow being literally a pedophile who I have logs of begging younger females from the game that he'd pay for their airplane ticket to be molested by him, we'd have another Penn State/Jerry Sandusky situation at hand.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2012, 09:57:28 pm »
Naw, it's the same way you wouldn't want someone to exploit (make a movie, make a game, etc) a book you've written and have simply sold a copy of, without getting your fair share.
You silly commie. :rolleyes:
Basically, anything that involves RL money is touchy ground.

Meh, but you also have to respect the work put into it; it's not like someone is completely reselling work done - obviously cRPG has a lot of changes from Native, and a lot of man-hours were also put into it.  Personally I'd rather have someone make my book into a game and give me SOMETHING since they broke off from my core work, than to simply say NO NO ONE CAN MAKE MONEY OFF OF THIS BUT MEEE

I suppose at this point though it doesn't really matter - the rule is in place and it is what it is.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2012, 10:01:47 pm »
Just want to state again that this is - NOT - NA drama :)

Not sure what kind of drama it is exactly....
I'm scared.   :?
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2012, 10:02:10 pm »
Meh, but you also have to respect the work put into it; it's not like someone is completely reselling work done - obviously cRPG has a lot of changes from Native, and a lot of man-hours were also put into it.  Personally I'd rather have someone make my book into a game and give me SOMETHING since they broke off from my core work, than to simply say NO NO ONE CAN MAKE MONEY OFF OF THIS BUT MEEE

I suppose at this point though it doesn't really matter - the rule is in place and it is what it is.
You can make someone's book into a game and give them something... if you reach an agreement with them. See Napoleonic Wars, With Fire & Sword and whatever is that Caribbean game that's coming up called.