Author Topic: Heirlooms being sold for money  (Read 7002 times)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Heirlooms being sold for money
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 06:27:35 pm »
+1
Oh god, that would take some time to find that. I've read it once (official statement) though, but cannot tell you where in this very second.

But that is actually common sense. Should be somewhere in the "Terms and Conditions" afaik when buying from taleworlds.com.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 06:27:54 pm »
+2
This came up during the Troyicide thread and simply can't be ignored, especially when an admin seems to be involved.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,35525.30.html

The exchange is begun by Goretooth a few pages before and this evidence, which can be seen, was posted on page three.

What the fuck?

Smoothrich had absolutely nothing to do with the transactions. He was not involved in any way shape or form besides being a member of the same community. Don't be so quick to judge.

e: It's like saying you should be banned from c-rpg because troyicide hacked in dayz. It makes no sense.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:32:24 pm by Kreczor »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mammoni

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 06:30:57 pm »
But that is actually common sense. Should be somewhere in the "Terms and Conditions" afaik when buying from taleworlds.com.

Stuff like this is never common sense. It only and solely depends on terms and conditions, and if those do not exist, it depends on the law of the country of the customer. Both are far from common sense :D

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 06:37:33 pm »
+1
Heirlooms being sold for money
who cares

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 06:42:59 pm »
+4
In any other serious game you cannot buy game accounts neither ingame stuff from other players. That would simply be an idiotic idea.

I'd say it's probably working out for these guys.
If the crpg devs allowed that, I'd directly quit the game as I wouldn't want to be in touch with something like that.
Players using real life money to put into a game and gaining advantage over other people, is just a bad idea (it doesn't matter how much the difference is after all).
Players have been using real life money to gain advantage over other people since the dawn of time.  Strategy guides, unlock-able content, monthly subscription fees, what are all these things if not areas for a player to spend money to gain an advantage?

I agree that I as a player don't enjoy these systems, but companies seem to enjoy it.  And it's big business.
It is indeed forbidden to gain money with warband, crpg devs wouldnt do it but alone the fact to tolerate it, is a rule violation.

That is also why paying the servers is a donation and nothing else.
Indirectly, chadz & co could theoretically profit quite a bit from cRPG.  Forum ads for starters to pay for the site, & then when you think about the new Project Asinus that chadz is making/the exposure the guys could be getting from displaying their good work etc...

I don't for a second think the cRPG mod was created for these purposes (nor is very profitable at all in it's current incarnation) but I don't think you're seeing the bigger picture.

I still don't think you've shown what is so horrible about players selling items to one another, even though you keep saying it is.  Suppose that I decided to quit, and sold my items for $100.  My items remain in the system (given to someone else), I stop playing, and they continue playing.   

Who has been hurt? 
Not taleworlds, I bought my game and the other dude bought theirs
Not cRPG, they don't sell items so nothing was gained/lost
Not me, I woulda quit for nothing, now I quit for $100
Not the buyer, they were willing to spend $100 for my items

For the record, I would never buy items with real money, nor am I a fan of people getting an in-game advantage because they have the cash to burn.   But the system isn't a new one, and outside my personal preferences I don't see what the big fucking deal is.

I should also add I do NOT think that the devs should implement a system that would make it easier to buy & sell items for real money, but I don't think they need to actively try and police it either. 
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 994
  • Infamy: 2141
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 06:52:51 pm »
+2
It's against the rules. You'll be banned if they catch you.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 06:59:26 pm »
It's against the rules. You'll be banned if they catch you.
I know that.  I'm wondering why.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2736
  • Infamy: 2653
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 07:01:37 pm »
Who cares. It's not like you can change that.

Btw. I can't sell my looms for money because I don't have paypal account :lol:

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 07:02:44 pm »
+1
Diablo 3 as example; that's a joke is it?

Subscriptions and monthly fees are not that kind of problem. That is official. Related to the Terms and Conditions when you buy Warband on Taleworlds.com you are not even allowed to copy or sale your warband license (and more), unless otherwise stated in the EULA (which is not afaik, but nvm now).

Well, this forum has hardly anything to do with the mod itself. There's a difference in running a forum (where no one has to register) and the sale of the GAME ITSELF (if you sell the mod you "sell the game"), you get money which is actually meant for Taleworlds, the developers of Warband who created this game. By simply copying the game and adding a few contents, it isnt a new game. The modders do not own the game therefore and they cannot ask for money.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 07:03:28 pm »
+5
I'm glad people don't play the game with the intention of making real money, you would get more leachers, people trying to dupe, scam, exploit, be wary of wearing expensive stuff etc.

Best to keep real money out of it so people play the game as its intended and have fun
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 07:11:26 pm »
+3
Well, there was the bit that you can't make money with a mod for Warband, as it is in any other game. Mods going commercial do so in agreement with the publishers of the original game. If people start trading stuff for real money here, that does involve, even if indirectly, the devs. And that is where all the legal stuff starts. Noone wants to go there. :wink:

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 07:21:35 pm »
Well, there was the bit that you can't make money with a mod for Warband, as it is in any other game. Mods going commercial do so in agreement with the publishers of the original game. If people start trading stuff for real money here, that does involve, even if indirectly, the devs. And that is where all the legal stuff starts. Noone wants to go there. :wink:

..and the reason the legal stuff starts is because the maker of the game suddenly finds out there is unrealized potential to making more profit off of something.   It's not that they are upset people are making money, they're just upset because it isn't them making the money.

but yes that's a good enough reason as any.  As usual the man's keeping us down etc.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 07:25:14 pm »
+3
The thing was most people "involved" were LLJK players.  EyeBeat was former LLJK but hates them all now and wanted to use people posting on somethingawful who were merely discussing buying/selling looms, like this thread now, he got them all banned by Meow as revenge on LLJK.

Everyone he got globally banned for heirloom trading actually didn't do it at all, and I yelled at the head admins until they actually investigated marketplace trades and realized I was right, and EyeBeat was just wrong.

Eventually, I guess a few people went on to sell their looms anyways before quitting the game or getting themselves banned.  Badplayer for example, is permabanned (he made our faction's banner be an irl picture of Tears of Destiny).  I don't know about Roy.  I'm not in contact with PRO players anymore so I have no idea who or when any of them sold heirlooms or if they even did.

And yes, many months ago someone found russian language forums where they openly traded looms for rubles, brought it to the dev attention, and they merely recieved a slap on the wrist and told "don't do it again!" while the loom for ruble forums never shut down.  And when a mad, former LLJK out for revenge does some Salem Witch Trial shit with baseless accusations, it was funny to me that they got instantly permabanned.  Eyebeat bragged about this on several other message boards, revealing an insane, neurotic, and meticulous need for revenge on everyone who once belonged to LLJK.

So, that is the extent of my involvement. Me and the people who posted evidence of selling looms all paid 10 dollars several years ago to post on an internet forum.  And at least 6 or more players who never sold looms, Eyebeat managed to get globally banned just because he was mad we stopped using his Teamspeak.

I hope this stops any notion, cRPG user "MyBallsYourChin" that you are uncovering some scandal that goes to the top, an Heirloomgate if you will.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 07:27:13 pm »
+2
The only difference between this and that, is this directly involves an admin.

Select the correct statement:

All Admins are Developers.

All Developers are Admins.

Only one of them is able to make changes to the games code and database.

When you figure it out, you'll figure out why the hair you think you are splitting is in fact bald.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 07:29:39 pm »
OFFERING CHAMPION GERMAN! BIDS STARTING AT $50!

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?