Author Topic: 20 Months Later  (Read 6032 times)

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
Re: 20 Months Later
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2012, 03:33:47 pm »
+1
I do it to prevent people of misunderstanding me. If I write "teamplay is essential part of the infantry gameplay", the next wise guy will come around and write "lol no, idiot. I sneak upon archers and sometimes I don't die and can kill a few of them."

Btw. I don't know how people think that the conversation about a matter like basic gameplay and balance can be lead with posts of one to three sentences.  :?

Please keep making long posts. I love them and we need more of you and WaltF4

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2012, 04:49:47 pm »
Not really. Just remove limitations so that everyone can play according to their skill levels.
this. and i agree on having more historically accuracy too. but i don't really understand what your original post rant is about in general. it seems rather contradictory in terms of nerf this and buff that. and if you want to remove limitations, then why make more levels ...?! nah, i don't get it.
i think you are frustrated for some reason. i can't tell why, but Kafein makes a good point:

As much as I like this gif I think Leshma has a point as always except when rambling about EU_4 or his own gender. However I believe this evolution actually has very little to do with the dev's work (although they can still have a good influence). Everybody has become much more skilled than they were 20 months ago, and it's a fact the game engine was not intended for our current skill level. Everything wears of with time and so does this game. It's not a mystery duels take two minutes and bows are so popular in Native. It worked extremely well back when blocking wasn't trivial. Also, already good players improve slower than noobs.
this hits the spot.

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline Burr1ck

• Earl
  • Renown: 314
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • The Mercenaries are on Twitch.tv. Check the topic!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Burrick, Stimpy
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2012, 04:52:06 pm »
It's very very hard for the developers to change the game to force teamwork without annoying the community, once they added an xp bonus for players who can stand in a line lol which seems unrealistic and tedious. If the developers get too forceful to impose teamwork well I think that's bad because it'll restrict our freedom and annoy players, thing I love about this mod is that it's free-flowing and you can be whatever you wanna be which makes the game very appealing and liberating. You decide whether you want to be an individual player or a team player, the developers don't interfere with that and I prefer it to be that way.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 05:12:02 pm by Burr1ck »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different."
- Hammerite

The Mercenaries's YouTube channel

Offline RUSSOxD2366

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: RUSSOxD,BG_RUSSO
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2012, 05:42:24 pm »
Hows that for a start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ESo-GRlOm50#t=62s

GIVE ME EYE TAKE OUT!!!!!!!!!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2012, 06:07:19 pm »
I quite like the way it is atm. You get an abstract "help your team to win, get more gold/xp". If you try to force it with more gold/xp for being near fights or similar stuff you will end up with people gaming the system rather than doing what they believe is in the team's best interests. You will get people who feel unrewarded eventhough they are filling an important role in the team. You could even go further and take out kill point except for the end of the match so its not factoring in people's minds when playing

I would leave the multi system as it is except for when your team loses a round - I would make it less severe and only half the teams multi or make you only lose 1x per team loss. When people are at x5 and feel they can't leave well I don't really think thats necessarily a bad thing. If you only lose x1 or half your multi for losing a round then how about letting people keep half their multi after they leave, so if you leave you come back to x3 or so.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2719
  • Infamy: 2302
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2012, 06:07:46 pm »
and if you want to remove limitations, then why make more levels ...?!

I'm level 35 and I'm not planning to retire. Do you know why?

Not because I like having advantage over other players. I like being high leveled char because it's awesome. My build deals decent damage but it's very fast. Whenever I play on alt I miss that fast paced gameplay. Currently, level 30 in order to be fast like me needs to make many sacrifices.

I do like playing on my main but I would like it more if I had more options at hand. You see, I'm pure build and that means I can't do anything against certain classes. I think that's bullshit.

Historical accuracy means that there are "classes" like knights, various types of mercenaries, archers, sharpshooters etc.

For example, knights were nobleman which means they were very well equipped. They were cav, but also were very skilled warriors and used most weapons very well. Mercenaries weren't rich people but they were also skilled with different weapons. Most archers trained with melee weapons just in case of emergency.

I doubt that archers and sharpshooters were much worse in melee combat than typical soldier of that age. Typical soldier was a recruit, a peasant who was forced to fight. He wasn't professional soldier. His skills with bow or riding skills were very poor. He was meant to die in first lines. Cannon fodder of medieval age. He had a shield and sword and maybe some spear.

With current level system most of us are roleplaying common semi-skilled soldier. Or some fantasy pure variants of cavalry, archers etc. Real knights and archers aren't possible in cRPG.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2012, 07:09:01 pm »
+2
If u think Joker made a long post no wonder no1 bothered to read my story.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2012, 07:30:56 pm »
+1
I never ever read single post of him...
can you image hes unban essey?
(click to show/hide)

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2012, 07:50:35 pm »
+1
rename elegant poleaxe to gentlemans poleaxe

Best.

Suggestion.

Ever.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2012, 07:53:10 pm »
If u think Joker made a long post no wonder no1 bothered to read my story.

What story?

Offline Sivlan

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • Super Slavic Warrior
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Risen
  • Game nicks: Sivlan ,Sivlan_Of_Arc, Sivlan_Range, Sivlan_STF
  • IRC nick: eeehm... Sivlan?
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2012, 10:30:13 pm »
i believe it could be a good idea to Host ''hero server'' experimental server with some buffs removed (increased movement/melee/shooting speed, make it more like an year ago - when i started) for some time and check reactions of people playing it. that would be better than constant whinning / flaming on forums, becouse it would show reactions after rebuffing some of previous nerfs. if that wouldnt work, you could just remove the server after some time and think of other changes in that mod.
My shield is my shield.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2012, 10:40:20 pm »
i believe it could be a good idea to Host ''hero server'' experimental server with some buffs removed (increased movement/melee/shooting speed, make it more like an year ago - when i started) for some time and check reactions of people playing it. that would be better than constant whinning / flaming on forums, becouse it would show reactions after rebuffing some of previous nerfs. if that wouldnt work, you could just remove the server after some time and think of other changes in that mod.

Been there, done that, didn't work.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2012, 10:43:28 pm »
If you're talking about XmasCRPG it was that DRZ and turk guy archers fault it failed. Also no admins.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2012, 10:44:50 pm »
+1
Yeah, and the reptilians sabotaged it as well.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2012, 10:48:37 pm »
Yeah, and the reptilians sabotaged it as well.

Absolutely. Psst. (don't tell him i said it but i have it on a good authority that Fasader is a shapeshifting lizard in real life but don't tell him i said that because he might come to my house and kill me and drink my blood).