Author Topic: You still think that cavalry is OP??  (Read 6223 times)

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
Re: You still think that cavalry is OP??
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012, 03:25:22 pm »
YES THEY ARE STILL OP, QQ MORE. IDIOT.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Duckzern

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Slurchenburch
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Duckzern
  • IRC nick: Duckzern
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 03:27:09 pm »
+3
My biggest problem with Cav is that it's not a charge in first class, but a couch at unaware victim class.
Butts

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 03:27:22 pm »
I`m trying to prove that cavalry is doomed like throwing just because the majority of this community is 2h and ranged.

I don't know what world you're living in, but I see tons of cavalry. To be honest, I see a fair amount of most classes, only hoplites (and dedicated throwers but that's a troll class :lol:) are representated at a significantly lower rate than the rest.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 03:28:02 pm »
+1
YES THEY ARE STILL OP, QQ MORE. IDIOT.

and I was wondering when the reject would post.
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2012, 03:30:45 pm »
+4
the video of dieler was from before the turnspeed nerf patch when longspears were truly op, so you cant really use that :P
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2012, 03:35:54 pm »
You failed big time. Accept it, idiot.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 03:37:44 pm »
You failed big time. Accept it, idiot.

I`m the idiot here??

Dielers video maybe old but I still see a lot of similarities to chase`s video.

and please momo if you don`t have something useful to say,just don`t post,you remind me rufio a lot,both of you buttuhurt with me and you feel the need to post and - my threads.

little bitches.
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 03:41:07 pm »
I`m the idiot here??

Dielers video maybe old but I still see a lot of similarities to chase`s video.

and please momo if you don`t have something useful to say,just don`t post,you remind me rufio a lot,both of you buttuhurt with me and you feel the need to post and - my threads.

little bitches.

I am not butthurt about the nerfs unlike you. You do the same - ing, idiot. You little bitch!  :D

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2012, 04:11:24 pm »
+3
The main problem is the cheap kills and relative safety from which you can tip the balance of a fight in your favour. Bumping, lance of doom, getting unaware players (call them noobs, but its still cheap and no matter what you can't have 360 degree awareness at all times).

Oh and crazy shield AOE that blocks hits on the horse and the players back, and the horse protecting the player when he gets dismounted now

I respect good cav, and panos might be too but the skill floor is just too low imo. Too many cheap ways to kill or avoid taking damage yourself

Also,
(click to show/hide)
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2012, 04:13:51 pm »
+2
Stop minusing Panos you gay 2hander scum just because he rapes you at discussions. And cav is okay.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 04:22:54 pm »
+1
The main problem is the cheap kills and relative safety from which you can tip the balance of a fight in your favour. Bumping, lance of doom, getting unaware players (call them noobs, but its still cheap and no matter what you can't have 360 degree awareness at all times).

Oh and crazy shield AOE that blocks hits on the horse and the players back, and the horse protecting the player when he gets dismounted now

I respect good cav, and beer might be too but the skill floor is just too low imo. Too many cheap ways to kill or avoid taking damage yourself

Also,
(click to show/hide)

Coming from a backpedal glaive spammer,uhm,no respect at all.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 04:29:28 pm »
+2
cavalry is of course OPed compared to all the other classes, but its just how it just should be, shouldn't it?

the only problem is this OPesness is not compensated in other ways (like for example horses are to cheap so everyone can keep taking cheaper horse all over again into the battles). so instead of a few elite dedicated OP horsemen we see a huge mob of "so called horsemen"  that try to couch lance a guy surrounded by 5 other teammates.

personally i'd like to see horses even way stronger (and way way more expensive). horse should be a privilege, you should save money to be able to take it multiple times, you should really feel like a king when you go to the battle on horse and so should those you trample underfeet.

unluckily now every moron can take it...
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 04:40:31 pm »
+1
Stop minusing beer you gay 2hander scum just because he rapes you at discussions.

Offline Aseplhood

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Asepl, AseplHood
  • IRC nick: Asepl
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 04:44:05 pm »
+1
You whine about 2h. Just like you'd like to make it as strong as 1 handed. The point is - 1h lets you carry a shield. 2h not.

Cav isn't op. Why would people like grellenort get stats like 20-2 (last time), making the whole team win? It's basically like - one good cav in team = team is victorious. Who cares that 2h can overrange you, when you ride straight into him. How should we fight cav then?

We would have to wait for a cav to "mistake". Also, don't whine about horses poor hp, because it takes around 2-3 2h hits to take a horse down. Additionally, no one said you have to ride on the damned horse until the death, so don't use argument like " when your horse dies, you die as well! ". If this game would have more realism in it, you would not be able to stand up after your horse dies, and throws you down from mounted.

Also, cav can 1-hit EVERYBODY. Only shielders can protect themselves by losing their shields. Couched attack is nearly a death sentence for everyone.

Cav can ride around, very accurately bumping everyone fighting in melee. Odd but true.

And cav still isn't op. Just check out ratios of good cavs, and compare them to stats of good 2handers.

The only thing that compensates cavs' opness is their upkeep. But that nearly nothing, as everyone can afford it anyways.

horse should be a privilege, you should save money to be able to take it multiple times, you should really feel like a king when you go to the battle on horse and so should those you trample underfeet.

This.
Same for plated armours. Wearing them atm. is kinda bad idea. They're very expensive, very heavy, and give not THAT much defensive.
The Grand and Great, Asepl's Tavern of Gooodieeeees!

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 04:46:35 pm »
+4
No they werent. The Batlle of Crecy or Agincourt (can't remember the exact one) depended on *HYBRID* archers and superior tactics. The same can be said for Stirling Bridge, where William Wallace with mere peasants slaughtered a heavily armed English Army led by his most successful general. Pikes, and axes won that not cavalry.

Fixed (for Agincourt at least).

Nerf the rediculous bodkin + rus/longbow damage and give them instead some melee options.  Their shitty bodkins were useless against good armour and most of the killing was due to knights being stuck in mud and murdered with mauls and daggers - hence give cRPG Legolas/Robin hood wannabe LARPing heroes some melee capability.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me