Author Topic: You still think that cavalry is OP??  (Read 6243 times)

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Re: You still think that cavalry is OP??
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 02:54:06 pm »
+2
Give up, it's pointless.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 02:54:59 pm »
Well you are a 2h,so I wasn`t expecting a different answer.

Edit :

Persians,Mongols,Huns,Cumans,Goths,Visigoths and Ostrogoths are some of the empires that were built because of their supremacy on Cavalry,not melee nor the mighty longbowman (which plenty question its effectivness)

KEEP THE QQ COMING

I'm not lobbying or defending 2h, just showing you that your arguments are pretty fucking dumb

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 02:56:07 pm »
Give up, it's pointless.
Idd it is, hate more than facts.

I'm not lobbying or defending 2h, just showing you that your argument are pretty fucking dumb

Yup, couldent agree more.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 02:58:34 pm »
Where's the cavalry bugs then? Bump-couching, jumping over pikes, horse's body sucking up hits when you're attacking a dehorsed rider, teleporting rider after horse gets killed, shields/blocks taking the damage even if you hit the horse model with you weapon, getting knocked down by horses walking over you, one-hiting madness etc.

I don't mind cav (except for the shields/block sucking up damage that's not even close, and yes, the teleporting), but I like how you skip over all moronic parts of cav and focus on classes you don't like.

I guess you're talking about me. I don't use long spear, I use pike. Go on a server and attack someone relatively close to you with 'pike'. I'm awaiting a video of your fails that I can use for a 'buff pike' thread :wink:

- Bump slash
- Bump couch/lance
- a small nerf to manoeuver of the arabian

Have you ever been bumped by a real horse??

Ofc you will fall down,we are talking for something that weights 500kilos.

I
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 02:59:36 pm »
+1

Have you ever been bumped by a real horse??

Ofc you will fall down,we are talking for something that weights 500kilos.

I

Realism... just no.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 03:01:27 pm »
+3
Actually 2h really have little business whining about horses, a greatsworder is only outshined by a piker when it comes to having anti-cav defense and it's also great for infantry-killing and so on.

Every class is full of glithchy "abilities", like both horsemen,spearmen and 2h "swinging" the shaft of the spear/lance(or 2h sword) into you for pierce damage, and all sorts of crap like that, which simply doesn't make sense anymore then arabian lulzmaneuver does.
Best ban reason ever:
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 03:01:40 pm »
+1
No they werent. The Batlle of Crecy or Agincourt (can't remember the exact one) depended on archers and superior tactics. The same can be said for Stirling Bridge, where William Wallace with mere peasants slaughtered a heavily armed English Army led by his most successful general. Pikes, and axes won that not cavalry.

Brit brings up the few medieval battles he got taught in middle school as evidence for realism, wow that literally never happened before. Oh look, based off of this one battle that I picked completely at random, I now determine that longbowmen were worthless peasants that existed only to be trampled if they couldn't get behind their bundle of sticks, cowardly little wall of sharpened stakes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Patay .

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1989
  • Infamy: 2523
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 03:01:52 pm »
+5
That DiagonaL dude is pretty bad. How come I die to him sometimes :?

Anyways, german greatsword 2H 21/18 build and better (24/18 ze best) is the easiest thing in this mod. My build is 18/24 and damage difference is noticeable. Speed difference... depends really, on armor, terrain configuration, weapon (I'm moving super slow with flamberge in my hands).

Cav isn't any easier than 2H greatsword, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:06:05 pm by Leshma »

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 03:02:21 pm »
Realism... just no.

qq more.

In my point of view,in the end the only classes that will be playable will be ranged (xbow-bow) and 2h swords,and that is only because the majority plays these two.

Just keep qqing,it only shows how much butthurt makes you when someone is trying to prove that your precious 2h sword has retarded and abusive animations.
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 03:03:21 pm »
That DiagonaL dude is pretty bad. How come I die to him sometimes :?

Anyways, german greatsword 2H 21/18 build and better (24/18 ze best) is the easiest thing in this mod. My build is 18/24 and damage difference is noticeable. Speed difference... depends really, on armor, terrain configuration, weapon (I'm move super slow with flamberge in my hands).

Cav isn't any easier than 2H greatsword, that's for sure.

Fucking thank you,you just earned some respect from me here.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 03:10:22 pm »
+3
As for real horses, I would not stand in front of a charging horse, ever, and try to do something as retarded as say, stab it in the forehead with a short weapon or anything like that. Nobody normal who has seen a normal-sized horse would.

But since horses become ethereal on death (instead of a horse corpse falling directly on you being even more dangerous then a living horse hitting you), warband anti-horse tactics have nothing to do with reality.

In reality, with medieval technology, you'd stop a horse charge by either:
- pikes / stakes / other long, sharp stuff, a wall of which a horse would not charge, and horses hitting stopped horses in the front makes a huge big mess rather then just stopping like some sort of retard bumper cars
- (protected) archers shooting in the flanks of a horse charge

Failure to employ either of these (or trying to stop a head-on horse charge with un-protected archers) resulted in being destroyed if the enemy had a sufficient-sized cavalry force.
Best ban reason ever:

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 03:21:41 pm »
+12
Cavalry isn't OP, but it's also probably the easiest class I've ever played.

It isn't OP because anyone smart knows how to counter you; there are only a few people that I have trouble with on cav with my 117 reach sword of war. However, it's easy as hell to rack up kills because there are so many dumb/unaware/newbie players that literally leap onto your lance every round. 

A few gens ago I went cav for the first time ever.  As some may be able to attest to, I am a terrible cav.

I ended the gen with a 2.5:1 KD.  I think I would have literally had to try to fail to get below a 1:1 with cav.    It was amazing how many kills I could get charging in a straight line towards someone and have them screw themselves over.

In conclusion:
-Cav doesn't need to be nerfed
-Cav is super easy to get kills with
-If you complain about cav being OP there's a good chance you're bad at this game (sorry).  Protip: '~' key.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Cumface

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 03:21:55 pm »
+1
Cavalry is OK, It's not terribly overpowerd or underpowered... But I really dislike the fact how horses are controlled, it's way too easy to ride the horse in my opinion. One thing that I'd like to see is that the horses takes damage and / or the rider flies off the horse when it hits obstacle (wall, tree etc...) in high speed. Lancers are actually pretty easy to outrange with 2h stab, just aim for the horses head. I've seen people outranging them with 1h too, but rarely manage to do it by myself. 1h cavalry can be outranged with anything. Cavalry is not overpowered, but it sure is annoying when you are fighting with someone and all the sudden some bundle of sticks just runs you over with a gay horse... :D

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 03:21:59 pm »
+2
Your point is?

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 03:25:03 pm »
Your point is?

I`m trying to prove that cavalry is doomed like throwing just because the majority of this community is 2h and ranged.

and you people tend to forget that it`s MOUNT and blade not ranged and 2h heroes warband