Author Topic: You still think that cavalry is OP??  (Read 6587 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: You still think that cavalry is OP??
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 05:17:58 pm »
+3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Only reason i won't minus you is because that's fappable material right there.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 05:19:46 pm »
+1
sorry to ask but i heard infantry turning speed got nerf, i notice that horse turning speed got nerf too , that affect horse too right?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 05:21:17 pm »
My only problem with the class is that pressing W at someone's backside shouldn't be a viable tactic, ever. At least not as viable as it is now. There's no risk to the horse if it's not getting physically hit by a weapon, but it can deal out absurd damage to ground units just by moving at them. Should at least take some amount of damage against the horse and/or experience a greater loss in momentum.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2012, 05:22:06 pm »
+1
sorry to ask but i heard infantry turning speed got nerf, i notice that horse turning speed got nerf too , that affect horse too right?

All horses had a stat nerf a while ago, which came after the famous lance angle nerf (which didn't affect 1h cav/HA/HX...trololo)

But lately no turning speed nerf afaik

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2012, 05:23:34 pm »
+3
Where's the cavalry bugs then? Bump-couching, jumping over pikes, horse's body sucking up hits when you're attacking a dehorsed rider, teleporting rider after horse gets killed, shields/blocks taking the damage even if you hit the horse model with you weapon, getting knocked down by horses walking over you, one-hiting madness etc.

I don't mind cav (except for the shields/block sucking up damage that's not even close, and yes, the teleporting), but I like how you skip over all moronic parts of cav and focus on classes you don't like.

I guess you're talking about me. I don't use long spear, I use pike. Go on a server and attack someone relatively close to you with 'pike'. I'm awaiting a video of your fails that I can use for a 'buff pike' thread :wink:

I'm 10th gen cav and I also hate those things too.  it doesn't make the class overpowered though, not by any means.  There's issues abound in c-rpg (and more importantly, warband).  The game is still pretty well balanced. 

Let's break down your complaints:

Bump-couching - this is part of a larger issue where you can hit people who are closer than the farthest reach of your weapon.  Supposedly they are going over each weapons' hit boxes to fix this type of issue.  It's the same reason a pike can stab someone who's 1 foot away (or anyone can hit anyone with a weapon when a person is physically closer than the length of their weapon).  This isn't unique to horsemen.
jumping over pikes - this is part of warband, it would be awesome if you could "brace" pikes, it would be ever better if all weapons had a damage associated with them regardless of whether or not they were swinging.  If someone runs into your sword, they should take damage.  If someone runs into a spear, they should take damage (regardless if you're swinging).  This isn't unique to horsemen.
horse's body sucking up hits when you're attacking a dehorsed rider - This is an amazing change from cmp, and I think very good (in theory).  Although I haven't personally seen 2 friendly melee swinging, one kills an enemy, and the 2nd person's swing hits the dead body.  I'm still seeing people get teamhit when an enemy dies, the bodies just fall so fast that the ragdoll for 1 second on a dead body is really not helping at all.  So I would be cool with them removing this, but at the same time, I've been de-horsed at least 100 times since this change, and I can say that I've never had an issue with someone hitting the horse instead of me.  Every single time I'm dismounted, I slide 5 feet in front of the horse...every time.
teleporting rider after horse gets killed  This very rarely happens (it's happened to me 2 or 3 times in my c-rpg experience).  People "Slide" forward when they get dismounted, but anyone's whose played the game should be able to tell where the person is on the ground.  not to mention you can physically see them on the ground.
shields/blocks taking the damage even if you hit the horse model with you weapon - No excuse for this.  As a lancer cav it's one of my biggest pet peeves that someone just down blocks on their horse, and even if I'm aiming very low on the horse model, it seems like it's 50/50 chance I will actually hit the horse.  I don't like the forcefield of shields or manually blocking on horse.
getting knocked down by horses walking over you  They have to be at least trotting to get knocked down.  You may get bumped at a slow walk, but I don't see a problem with that.  Have you ever stood next to a horse?  That thing could take one step forward and if you were in front of it, you'd probably get knocked down, or at least stumble back before regaining your balance.
one-hiting madness  Madness?  It's called a speed bonus, and it works both ways.  If I'm riding at you, and you shoot me, throw something at me (or my horse) or swing and hit me, I take massive damage because of the speed bonus.  Do you have a problem with the speed bonus that has been around since the original M&B?  I didn't think so.  Just seems like you're trying to make the list longer.

Aseplhood - If this game would have more realism in it, you would not be able to stand up after your horse dies, and throws you down from mounted.

it goes both ways.  If you want to open that can of worms.  In real life, if a horse dies as it's riding at you, and the dead carcass flies into you, what happens to you?  You also wouldn't be getting up from that.  Also in real life, you don't have to wait for a horse to completely stop moving to dismount.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 05:36:15 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2012, 05:35:11 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

I don't mind cav (except for the shields/block sucking up damage that's not even close, and yes, the teleporting), but I like how you skip over all moronic parts of cav and focus on classes you don't like.

I don't think cav is overpowered, I just brought forward the silly parts of cavalry that the OP didn't, since he was so good at naming all the stupid parts of other classes without mentioning his own. Cav is fine except for the force-field and the teleport (doubt that one can be fixed, been there since dawn of time)

I don't see why piking someone up close was anything worse than what I mentioned about cav, especially considering that infantry/cav can run into chambered spear tips without taking damage. All classes have things that is stupid/can be abused, and I guess that's just how it is. But if one's gonna focus on it, one better mention the broken parts of his own class too.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2012, 05:43:50 pm »
+1
cavalry is of course OPed compared to all the other classes, but its just how it just should be, shouldn't it?

the only problem is this OPesness is not compensated in other ways (like for example horses are to cheap so everyone can keep taking cheaper horse all over again into the battles). so instead of a few elite dedicated OP horsemen we see a huge mob of "so called horsemen"  that try to couch lance a guy surrounded by 5 other teammates.

personally i'd like to see horses even way stronger (and way way more expensive). horse should be a privilege, you should save money to be able to take it multiple times, you should really feel like a king when you go to the battle on horse and so should those you trample underfeet.

unluckily now every moron can take it...

this

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2012, 05:52:32 pm »
+2
My only problem with the class is that pressing W at someone's backside shouldn't be a viable tactic, ever.

S key, right swing.

Shouldn't be viable either.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2012, 05:55:28 pm »
+1
Not that I didn't find this thread uninteresting but, is there a shorter version? Gonna cause too many tl:drs

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2012, 05:57:07 pm »
Only reason i won't minus you is because that's fappable material right there.

if you really think panjos is "raping" with those arguments, then I feel sorry for you too

opening post sounds like a bucket of tears rather than a reasonable discussion about cavalry

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2012, 05:57:38 pm »
Oh look! Mr. EPIC MEGA TROLL number 1 whiner got muted.  :mrgreen:
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2012, 06:00:08 pm »
Oh look! Mr. EPIC MEGA TROLL number 1 whiner got muted.  :mrgreen:

Oh my god, i believe in god again :o.

Offline Angellore

• Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2012, 06:11:33 pm »
+2
Not really OP, but definitely one of the more effective classes considering how easy it is to lance unaware people (...)

I agree killing unaware player isn't hard job, no matter if you are horseman, infantry or ranged, shooting standing target in the head. I played many classes in crpg, and I really never had problems with cav or archers, even when I played as infantry. Many times I was couched from behind, because I wasn’t paying enough attention. Many times I was headshotted, even from huge range. Many times other infantry silently killed me with just two quick hits from behind, but how could I be mad about that? It’s part of Battle game mode, something I agree joining Battle game server.

Because of how cav in this mod works, it’s a class which strictly bases on people awareness. It’s not for me to decide is this silly or not, it is how it is. If every player would be aware of every lancer charging at him, it would make no sense to play lancer. You would die very quickly, because aware opponent has an edge over lancer in crpg.

(...) how easy it is to lance (...) people that are engaged in a fight. Or just annoy them with bumps (or bumplancing if you're better).

I can't agree it's easy for lancer to kill enemy engaged in fight. Because of lance angles in crpg, you can attack only targets which are pretty much in front of your horse. That's the reason why people are often mad at cav. It's pretty hard to help your teammates from horseback, especially if your teammate don't cooperate and don't move back a bit (90% of people don't do that). I don’t charge when I’m not sure I will hit the enemy and miss my ally. And even then I sometimes makes mistakes and bump ally as well. It isn’t that easy as you think, since you can’t predict infantry path. In this game you can sidewalk and change movement direction without any delay, in any moment you like, without even slowing down a little. The real challenge is to kill or bump enemy, and same time don’t do any harm to your teammate.

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: KaffeKalle, CheeseChester, CedricTheBald, DartLeif, Baglady
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2012, 06:13:51 pm »
Personally i dont think Cav is OP, just boring. So I play on siegeservers where they arent as popular or annoying.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2012, 06:34:00 pm »
+4
point of view from an archer :

- up a bit life point of horses coz one shot an horse with one arrow in the head is maybe a bit too op
- nerf maneuverability coz horse look like 4x4 or a seagway especially mw horses

imo one problem is the bump slah and how a one hander can slash and pass through the head of his horse wihtout did any damage to his horse

to be a skilled horseman they should have to be more carefful at not hiting their own horse

cordialy your favorit pimp