Author Topic: Fix one-handed overhead  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Fix one-handed overhead
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 11:15:31 pm »
I die all the time from these little 1-H blitzkrieg weapons using overhead.  I'm a 2-H circus mallet wielder.
Then these onehanders you speak of are braver than I am. Against a mauler I would never dare to use the overhead, which is dodgy at best. If you have decent movement speed you can actually sidestep faster than I can turn at close range.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 12:43:51 am »
+3
is one hander really going to stay this way? this is ridiculous, having 2h more efficient in close range then 1h and 1h having only left and right swings decent.

having less and less fun playing this game...

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 07:47:18 pm »
The 1h overhand has always been tough to use because it's as if someone how got hit in the head a few too many times does the swing.

That and 1h weapons get stuck on everything.

Now I do pretty well usually, but I have 3x italian, 3x iberian, 3x knightly heater, 3x churburg, and 3x plate mittens so...

But I agree with the poster

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 08:47:03 pm »
1. Remove turning speed limitations for one-handed weapons, it's been already hard enough to hit with an overhead without it, now it's just asking for death.
2. Remove early active animations for one-handed overhead. It's a joke that in crowded places one-handers in fact have it way harder to actually score a hit than anyone else because overhead gets stuck on the guy behind, right swing is obviously out of the question and left swing glances a lot due to sweetspots and has super short range. Stab is as useless as always and bounces pretty much always at anything but facehug range. In short, two-handers are superior even in group fights in crowded/tight places because of the reliable stab, range, much more forgiving animations and kicking.

Tot, we should do some testing regarding glances/bounces. I dont agree with u, but instead of argueing, we should test it. Are u up for it?

And every class gets stuck on the people behind them with overhead, specialy the longer weapons.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 06:49:28 pm »
Since you can't take the turn speed reduction off any specific weapon maybe it would be a better idea to upgrade the animations of attacks instead.

Maybe make them slightly faster, or increase the reach.

Only thing is the danger here of making 2h and polearm already more angry for making 1h better. It's tough to say how bad the reduction really hurt 1h, general consensus says polearms and 1h took it the worst but its primary reason was to bring polearms in line.

So it comes down to a judgement call on the devs, I personally could live with it not being modified, but it would be good to see something done to help make it a more viable attack direction.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 10:46:03 pm »
Overhead was already a mediocre swing for 1h, did anyone seriously think it was overpowered? nerfing it is really questionable. It has become very risky to us it against any target moving laterally since there's a good chance between initiation and contact he'll be outside the turn limit which is now like 30 degrees.

Just makes playing 1h less fun since it takes away our attack variety and forces us to lean more on left swings.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2012, 12:45:45 am »
is one hander really going to stay this way? this is ridiculous, having 2h more efficient in close range then 1h and 1h having only left and right swings decent.

having less and less fun playing this game...

"We don't balance based on realism or whiners." - cmpxchg8b
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,35623.msg540487.html#msg540487

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that the balance staff is totally inept and probably run by a bunch of amateurs who are terrified of getting the balance anywhere near finished or they'd be out of a job.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 12:21:10 pm »
And every class gets stuck on the people behind them with overhead, specialy the longer weapons.

Yeah but that happening to 1h is braindamaged :P

Also, 1h thrusts hit teammates on your left too easily (a bit like the shorter polearms).