Author Topic: Getting from lvl 30 to 31 takes too long.  (Read 6284 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Getting from lvl 30 to 31 takes too long.
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2011, 02:34:16 am »
No. No donation rewards, as they are referred to legally.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2011, 08:25:35 am »
Try going from 32 to 33 ffs  :twisted:
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2011, 08:32:34 am »
Try going from 32 to 33 ffs  :twisted:
Too bad the bonus from a single masterwork heirloom is more than your damage & speed bonuses of being 4 levels higher (lvl 35)
and more so with increasing returns as you retire more and more until everything is masterwork/lordly.

But that is off topic.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2011, 10:45:46 am »
I find it too long to go from 30 to 31, too long and finally boring. I also find too fast to go from 1 to 15 (2-3 hours maybe). Actually I would like more time as a peasant before I wear metal armors.

So, in addition to suggestions above and withouth changing the amount of XP one needs to go from 1 to 31, I would advise that the level scale is reviewed so that one plays longer at the lowest levels and shorter at the highest (i.e. 31).

It would not change the balance, it would just make the level 30 passage a bit shorter and less monotonous.

And it will populate battles with more peasants and ow level warriors, who I find cool.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2011, 12:17:49 pm »
I totally disagree with the 'waaah level 30-31 takes too long'-whine.

For me, level 30 is too short! 

I'm serious. I love being level 30.

My build is finished at level 30, so if i die, i can't blame my low level.

I can finally really focus on teamplay and the use of tactics when i'm level 30. I'm fast on foot, fast on mount and everything is just much easier. And I can play tournaments at level 30 (like i did yesterday)!
Commanding and leading the troops is great at level 30. I have more hitpoints, hit for a lot of damage and killstreaks happen more, etcetera.
And dueling is more fun at level 30! Also, i just like the feeling that my character is finished and i get a few days to get used to it. No more changes in movement speed, no move improvements in damage done or the hitpoints i have. Finally, i get to really focus on my play... get to experiment with equipment and clearly experience the differences without having the constant leveling up to make comparisons harder.

There are so many reasons why level 30 is great. I say: please make level 30 longer, not shorter.  :)

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2011, 12:54:15 pm »
yeah, i agree, level 30 is all about fun, though i imagen that's only if you've planned your character right, if not, you're screwed lol...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2011, 01:25:23 pm »
This mod got boring after 900 hours due to the lack of real leveling.

Focus on playing?

You didnt do that before?

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 01:40:23 pm »
The retirement system was changed to this, so grinders could grind, and players could play.

If we reduce the time it takes to retire with looms, you will see everyone decked in full loomed gear in a few weeks. That also ruins some of the charm with the upcoming trading-system.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2011, 03:27:14 am »
If they made 31 easier to get to people would just bitch that 32 is too hard or something. I think the xp required from 1-30 and then 31+ is spot on, the only problem is hierlooms.

There are people in this game that are fucking incredibly awesome to the point where it is almost hard to believe it is real.  New dudes see people tearing mad shit up with 15 kills a round or something insane and want to be that guy. No one wants to admit they suck at the game so they just figure once they get to 30 they can tear shit up.

"Uh oh now I'm level 30 and I still get my shit pushed in. Well, I bet once I get some heirlooms I'll fucking tear it up."

"Hmm this heirloomed weapon doesn't seem that great, well maybe I'll loom it again because then it gets some speed bonuses and that is where it's at."

"Well shit, that didn't help, I still feel like I'm swinging like a retarded monkey. I bet I have an idiot build, fuck I'll fix that next time, get some more AGI or WPF and it will be all good."

"HMMMMMM I've got a 2x loomed weapon and 24 agi what the fuck is the deal here. Maybe I'm just bad at this game. Perhaps I should have spectated awesome players and really try to see what they do instead of alt-tabing out when I die to look at all the awesome gear I'm gonna buy."

I never played M&B online before and that was my exact mental processes when playing through. It took me about 5 gens to realize, oh shit I'm bad. Some of this was on the old gen system so it was easier. But as long as there are benefits for leveling up more people are going to try and grind them eventually. And even though a few heirlooms won't make you a monster, 9+ of them will really give you an edge. I don't know what to do about it, except maybe give a flat limit on heirlooms per character, perhaps 1 per category of item or something.

The 31+ bonus was designed as something for hardcore grinders, not really for everyone and especially not for the person who just plays 1 hour a day. The problem is that as long as it exists people are gonna want it, because other people DO have it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:30:01 am by Beans »

Offline Beer

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2011, 04:18:19 am »
Well said beans, gear isn't everything. being a native player from beta, I am used to fighting where everybody is basically equal stat-wise and actual "Skill" comes into play. With a decent sword at level 15, I could beat alot of these grinding heirloom "no-lifes."

What I am trying trying to say through this is that skills aren't everything. If you can block, you can win, even with subpar skills and such. I remember back in the days when beatrix played, his insane agility build couldn't save him when I got it out of my head that 200 + wpf is unbeatable.

So just enjoy the game and the gameplay, rather then trying to get the best gear.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2011, 05:00:04 am »
being a native player from beta, I am used to fighting where everybody is basically equal stat-wise and actual "Skill" comes into play.

Native player from beta ... what beta ? Native ? There was no MP in the betas ;)

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2011, 07:10:49 am »
Native player from beta ... what beta ? Native ? There was no MP in the betas ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct7imABpB4A

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2011, 08:42:32 am »

;)

Fail.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Vandor__DesNordens

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Riddic
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2011, 09:21:06 am »
I think its perfect ...

4,8 million xp from 30 of 31 is good because if u convert 1 time u had of lvl 30 a completed char . so u can play with a finally char to lvl 31 and after that u can retire ... What the fuck is the problem?

Its perfect so please dont change it

Nice Greetings
Tibbers
Das Leben ist wie eine Gurke, nur anders ...

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2011, 11:58:50 am »

Derp.
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos