Author Topic: Nerf Horsebump  (Read 5542 times)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
Re: Nerf Horsebump
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012, 11:41:36 pm »
+2
Maybe you confused cRPG to Native

No there's cRPG through an archers eyes and then cRPG through everybody elses eyes.

That's where the confusion lays.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2012, 11:43:21 pm »
+1
1 of your arrows does over 40% to champ destrier, therefore your argument is invalid  :mrgreen:

The lancers spear does at least 40% as well, more with a couched lance. The 1hander can 1hit infantry when hit to the head. The bump damage is an extra one, that an archer doesnt have. Therefore your argument is invalid. And dont count the repair costs of the horse as reason. If the horse did 1/5 hp dmg at max, it would be fine as well, but 1/2 is not fine...

polkafranzi, why are you talking about an archer now? the OP is an infantry. :P
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 633
  • Infamy: 1343
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2012, 11:44:14 pm »
+1
Today, I've been killed by stray arabian, had 10% HP left...

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1802
  • Infamy: 1842
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2012, 11:46:00 pm »
+1
Aim for the legs (or maybe even the head), now that's some broken shit right there.

I think they fixed that. Today I had to slash plated charger's legs 3 times, before I could one hit them with held swing.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2012, 11:49:05 pm »
+3
im a medium armoured infantry, i have a +3 nomad vest

You mean

this dressing gown?

Spearless infantry should get owned in the open fields by cavalry, same as archers. You're doing it wrong if you find yourself in that situation.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2012, 11:52:07 pm »
The lancers spear does at least 40% as well, more with a couched lance. The 1hander can 1hit infantry when hit to the head. The bump damage is an extra one, that an archer doesnt have. Therefore your argument is invalid. And dont count the repair costs of the horse as reason. If the horse did 1/5 hp dmg at max, it would be fine as well, but 1/2 is not fine...

I wouldn't counter repair costs as a reason, because repairs are a joke anyway, any clever player can be a millionaire in a matter of weeks starting from gen 1 lvl 1, so that in itself would fund costs for a long time.

as an extreme. I would say, make a "no cav" 120 man server where all the ranged and inf circle-jerkers (thank you Rufio for that one) can hang out because that's all this forum is full of lately - so much cav hate.

If you want cav bump from a fucking plated charger to do 1/5 damage then you are really dreaming, seeing as it can be 1 hit by peasant weapons like "scythe" or "axe" (and this isn't bullshit, I have one and it's experience) - so not only are you going away from ultimate realism you are also going away from ultimate balance with this idea i guess, so ask yourself where do you draw the line. 

I think they fixed that. Today I had to slash plated charger's legs 3 times, before I could one hit them with held swing.

I'd be happy to test this, seeing as it wasn't in the patch notes I think?  If it is fixed, then i'd be happy for a little bit of bump damage to be taken from each horse.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2012, 11:54:49 pm »
+1
We are rather talking about light horses, destrier, arabian warhorse and courser. That a plated charger should do more than 1/5 hp to a medium/light armored guy is sure, even for us non-cavs. :)
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 11:58:01 pm »
We are rather talking about light horses, destrier, arabian warhorse and courser. That a plated charger should do more than 1/5 hp to a medium/light armored guy is sure, even for us non-cavs. :)

Yes it's true - anything like steppe horse, desert horse, arabian, rouncey, they should all do very minimal damage, but destrier was a heavy, expensive breed of horse and should do low - medium bump damage (depending on speed, gradient, riding skill etc), and the armored ones should be the heavy hitters.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2012, 11:58:24 pm »

Either nerf the horse bump damage or buff it. But if you decide to buff you must make it so riders take massive fall damage (30% HP or maybe even more).

This still seems the most sensible thing said in this whole discussion...
Large, heavy horses, weight from 1,500 to 2,000 pounds (680 to 910 kg)... include armor to it and you will get 1000kg with ease... image the horse getting killed and you both fall on the ground... id say 50/50% chance that you got 1000 kg on you, on a battlefield that means death...

Ye a horsebump should hurt like hell (medium sized horse can still be around 500kg), but why would it be unfair to add falling damage when it gets killed?

Not sure why im posting this... its annoying if ppl start spamming fact like this... takes the fun out of the discussion...

But yea, i bet someone here can give me a reason why you shouldnt get damaged after you fall of a 1000kg horse.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2012, 12:01:09 am »
+3
But yea, i bet someone here can give me a reason why you shouldnt get damaged after you fall of a 1000kg horse.

And then after that you can tell us all why the pikeman/2her/archer who was 1m infront of the horse when he killed it shouldn't be crushed to death when 1000kg slumps on top of him at high speed.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 12:01:39 am »
+2
If you have armor, bumps don't do much damage to you.
If you don't have armor, you can dodge horses errydayallday.

You can't have both though.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 12:04:49 am »
+1
And then after that you can tell us all why the pikeman/2her/archer who was 1m infront of the horse when he killed it shouldn't be crushed to death when 1000kg slumps on top of him at high speed.

Thats not a reason why the rider shouldnt take damage...

And this has been brung up before already :P Bump damage from the dead horse while its moving... that realistic and i wouldnt mind that being implemented... Its happening way to much that archers/xbowers shoot the horse in the head teh second before it hits them so they can then attack the dismounted rider on the floor... not realistic :P

So yea, its a nice thing to say but not what i asked xD

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1846
  • Infamy: 2631
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2012, 12:11:53 am »
If you have armor, bumps don't do much damage to you.
If you don't have armor, you can dodge horses errydayallday.

You can't have both though.

How much armor is "armor"?

As I've already said I have 57 body armor and that isn't low armor, yet I loose between 10-20% HP (65 HP) per bump. That's quite a bit of damage if you ask me.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 12:13:37 am »
+1
I remember when I first played native, a couple years ago.  It was my VERY first time, didn't even play single player except the tutorial.  I logged in to a TDM server and picked a cav class right away.  "Oh, this is going to be awesome!" I said to myself.  I got a hunter horse (destrier equivalent I think), spotted an enemy with a 2h weapon, and charged head-long towards him.

Believe it or not, the adrenaline was pumping already.  The sound of the pounding hooves and the feeling of speed racing towards the enemy was quite exciting.  I couldn't wait!  "I'm so going to run his ass over!  I can't believe he's just standing there!  LOL I'll make paste of this guy!!"  I was at top speed and couldn't wait to trample this dumb player into the ground and score my 1st kill.

He swung his sword and killed both me and my horse in 1 hit.
I thought it was a fluke and tried several more times.  Why can't my horse trample a player like...well...like a horse would trample a man?  Finally I gave up.  "Cav is kinda shitty, isn't it?"  I asked.  "yeah" they said.

Just a couple months later I started Crpg, and I have been ever since.  Cav is a little better here.  Still dies easily and has to be played smartly if you don't want to be de-horsed while you blink.  You still can't approach infantry head on unless they have a 1h weapon. 

I've played cav 4 gens.  The ONLY 2 good uses for bumping is to mess up enemy players that are engaged in melee so your team-mates can kill them, or stagger players that are about to slash/stab the shit out of you and your horse.  If you try to use it to actually damage or kill enemy players, you are doing it wrong.  Good luck with that.  As a consolation, it causes a bit of damage if you miss your target.  It's a delay/frustrate tool, not a damage dealing tool.

Just thought I'd share. :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:17:07 am by Garison »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 557
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 12:17:14 am »
I'd be happy to test this, seeing as it wasn't in the patch notes I think?  If it is fixed, then i'd be happy for a little bit of bump damage to be taken from each horse.

I think it's fixed. But not fixed in a way that legs have the same armor like the armored part of plated charger.
Legs probably have some armor rating, but I'm pretty sure it isn't 0 anymore (that was broken).

Maybe I had bad luck and my hits did less damage then they should. Hopefully some dev can share info with us, is horse lag damage bug fixed or not.