Author Topic: NA gets Patch  (Read 19620 times)

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
Re: NA gets Patch
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2012, 11:34:00 pm »
+2
I just want to know why they nerfed the overheads as well? I never had a problem with people turning with overheads, i didnt see anyone complaining about it on the forums. It was already the slowest swing out of all 4 attack directions. Now, it feels like i only have 2 viable swings, which are the side swings. If the enemy is constantly running to your sides, its impossible to land an overhead or a stab, and if you do get a stab off, its easy for them to block so you just get weapon stunned. Melee feels incredibly simple and awkward atm, wish the devs would think some of these things through before drastically changing such core mechanics in the game.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline SittingBull

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Chief_SittingBull_Astralis
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2012, 11:54:05 pm »
+2
It was already the slowest swing out of all 4 attack directions. Now, it feels like i only have 2 viable swings, which are the side swings.

Imagine how 2directional users feel.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2012, 11:59:30 pm »
I like this change to polearms =D, the stab sweet spot adjustment is very nice.

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2012, 12:05:00 am »
+1
When polestun is removed..

God help us all.
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2012, 12:15:25 am »
I just want to know why they nerfed the overheads as well? I never had a problem with people turning with overheads, i didnt see anyone complaining about it on the forums. It was already the slowest swing out of all 4 attack directions. Now, it feels like i only have 2 viable swings, which are the side swings. If the enemy is constantly running to your sides, its impossible to land an overhead or a stab, and if you do get a stab off, its easy for them to block so you just get weapon stunned. Melee feels incredibly simple and awkward atm, wish the devs would think some of these things through before drastically changing such core mechanics in the game.

Because the devs don't know how to fix turn speed without fucking up everything.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2012, 12:16:55 am »
I think it should be reduced a bit, and a bit more for overheads, sound concept, a bit awkward implementation, overheads are too shitty right now
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2383
  • Infamy: 2305
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2012, 12:22:26 am »
So... are NA servers shutting down or not? Are you all leaving cRPG? Or should I ask the same question a week later when you get used to new situation?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2012, 12:23:39 am »
+2
Seems really easy to dodge polearm overheads now.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2012, 12:41:11 am »
Yes, overhead is basically useless because you can just move to the sides and the speed reduction makes it impossible to follow.

Thrust is fine, but I've noticed ever since the patch that I rarely overhead, if ever.
I was on the duel server for a little over an hour and someone pointed out that I never overhead. The attack is basically a deathwish since the patch.
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2012, 12:46:37 am »
Yes, overhead is basically useless because you can just move to the sides and the speed reduction makes it impossible to follow.

Thrust is fine, but I've noticed ever since the patch that I rarely overhead, if ever.
I was on the duel server for a little over an hour and someone pointed out that I never overhead. The attack is basically a deathwish since the patch.

Same with stabs, you either miss, glance, or they block and you get stunned. As i said, 2 viable attack directions in a fight since the patch
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2012, 12:52:44 am »
i don't mind the thrust being nerfed a bit in 1 vs 1s, though its funny to go on duel and see people hopelessly thrusting at each other, i think the thrust has a LOT of utlity on 2handers and polearms in battle as a feint combo or a 2hander reach control/gank/anti cav, still has a lot of viability

the overhead is what i used the most with 2 handers, to avoid team hits in close quarters and hit lots of heavy damage, and found it pretty shitty to use, i think the overhead radius should go up to 180 instead of 90, and stabs go to maybe 120?  or be left alone.  my 2 cents
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2012, 01:06:07 am »
+4
make game turn based strategy for ultimate balance

Offline Mordand

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mordand
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2012, 01:11:11 am »

thats what they are trying to do duh

melee combat is slow and predictable.  Might as well have everybody just stand still and fight...

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2012, 01:35:29 am »
+1

Is that Enrique?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2012, 01:37:51 am »
+1

play stronghold kingdoms with me, poophammer, badplayer, sequel, shik, world 3, ireland, county leitrim.

its like strategus but 10000x better and we need more people to grief shithead polacks that ruin ireland for us and razed me my first week and eventually invade wales and scotland