Author Topic: NA gets Patch  (Read 19529 times)

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
Re: NA gets Patch
« Reply #225 on: June 25, 2012, 05:35:27 pm »
Take that! I gave you a +1. Also I am pretty sure -1s don't decrease reknown.
They do, I messed up a post and it got -3 and my renwn went down by 1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 25, 2012, 05:46:05 pm »
And POOPHAMMER is right.  If BADPLAYER, the bundle of sticks banqueter with a shit army and no respect, is your liege lord, you will probably get razed within days and have to start over.

Sequel is actually the leader of our faction (nK lol) and POOPHAMMER is a pr0 baron dude with mad shit, check it out yall

I want to get razed by BADPLAYER. Hard.

Anyhow seems like it got shit scores at metacritic but metacritic are gay anyhow so might check it out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2012, 04:20:22 am »
Put another way, the more agility and athletics you have, the faster you can get yourself killed.
Ah, well I mastered that already.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2012, 08:01:54 am »
so far in my experience as a 1h/shielder this has been an overwhelmingly successful patch in reducing the amount of bullshit shenanigans by 2h/poles.  Its affected some of my high turn overheads/left swings, but nothing I cant deal with, knowing that there is alot less chance these guys will be able to hit me.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2012, 08:18:25 am »
so far in my experience as a 1h/shielder this has been an overwhelmingly successful patch in reducing the amount of bullshit shenanigans by 2h/poles.  Its affected some of my high turn overheads/left swings, but nothing I cant deal with, knowing that there is alot less chance these guys will be able to hit me.

As a poler, I have to say that I think the current patch on NA works very well with polearms:

Spears: I used to suck ass with them since I had to turn to land a stab which is a big tell and the side swings are shit [I was better off using a cudgel with 0 wpf and low armor than a spear with 100 wpf and medium]. Now, I don't have to turn and land stabs a whole lot more

Bill: The only reason why I turned in my previous gens with a bill was because I had to. Now with the patch, I don't have to pull any bullshit [although I do back pedal and use kicks a lot more]. The only bad part is glancing at face hug range, but oh well.

Battle Fork: It's like the bill, but doesn't glance at nearly as short of a distance [as in they can be closer to me without my glancing]. I really never used it before, but I can sneak hits on people often enough, it's easier to tackle shielders with than the bill [due to shorter stab stun and a lot faster speed], and it can be pretty brutal with polestun.

I don't have too much trouble landing overheads, and when it's going to fail, I generally know that I fucked up as opposed to being surprised. The only problem I've been experiencing is when somebody hugs one of my sides [with a 2 directional] since I have no real response aside from block, block, attempt to kick. Being able to spin stab wouldn't really solve that since they can hit me before my stab even has a chance to glance. So overall, I say that this is a buff to polearms [and the polestagger removeal will be a significant nerf but oh well].