Author Topic: 1 handers without shield  (Read 9292 times)

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
Re: 1 handers without shield
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 06:21:53 pm »
Lol, well if that happens, he deserved to win the fight, what you're suggesting is just a mechanic to make you have a high chance of automatically winning a fight, kind of like the agi pole builds that polestaggerned you and just hit you over and over whilst you couldn't do shit but stand there being stunned, it was removed for that reason. An archer is specced for archery regardless so you already have the advantage of character built for melee and most likely a far superior melee weapon.

1h no shield already has massive disadvantages, it's only advantage is in your face close range combat, to which they also have to dodge kicks because they are often fighting people who are backpedaling with longer weapons, kicking at them. When I die to a guy using 1h no shield, especially an archer, it's usually because I made a mistake myself or they are just good at fighting that style and beat me fair and square.

No, no it's not because of it... I made this thread mainly because it's ridiculous to block huge axe and similar stuff with pickaxe, hammer etc...
Also, 1h can outspam you rly easy... so... that's all...
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 06:23:06 pm »
+2
No, no it's not because of it... I made this thread mainly because it's ridiculous to block huge axe and similar stuff with pickaxe, hammer etc...

No.

Get out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 06:27:09 pm »
+1
Yeah, that is why I almost always have to block two first hits when I fight someone with heavier weapon inculding a lot of 2h weapons, if the other guy knows what he is doing then you really have a small window to counter.

yep. that's the stun koyama talked about.

No.

Get out.

No u.
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2012, 06:27:35 pm »
+1

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2012, 06:43:48 pm »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2012, 06:46:37 pm »

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2012, 06:52:32 pm »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 06:58:24 pm »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 07:41:51 pm »
Idzo pls

Swashbuckling is by no definition overpowered so there is no reason at all to nerf it. Maybe the fact that just me and Bjord now are the only pure swashbucklers in EU says enough about its strength. It's basically a low damage version of being a longsworder but with better animations. Granted I am as effective as a 1h no shield as I was when I was a twohander, but that took some effort. It has its advantages, but its not a layman's class.

Try it before you cry for a nerf.

There is indeed already a penalty for blocking heavier weapons, which means any weapon above 2 weight. You get stunned for a while if they hold their swings. Mostly you can see this coming and you just block twice. People don't use it a whole lot either, because well, they never fight swashbucklers. If they try to continously do this you can just give em the old leftswingspam though.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 07:51:34 pm »
+1
I use 1h without shield most of the time , and I might have the speed bonus but even with 8 PS I kill medium - heavy armour in like 3-4 hits . And this is with an MW nordic war sword . Was fighting Hearst at the duel server and most of the time he could feint I block then he backpeddle stabs and then 9 / 10 time I still wasn't close enough to hit him but the thing is as soon as I want to block and hit right after I have to get closer which results in a kickslash .... not realy hard to avoid but since there is no risk to it they will spam the kicks till eventualy walk in it and get hit.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2012, 08:11:28 pm »
+1
Swashbucklers without a buckler are not op, and they already get stunned by heavier weapons (and teamhit a lot because they're so close).
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2012, 08:25:19 pm »
+1

It's a game, there are alot of 'ridiculous' things in cRPG, like women in dresses running around screaming on a battlefield with a flamberge, but manual blocking is one of the best parts of the game and what you suggest is just another thing that will ruin combat and make playing 1h pointless unless you are using a stupidly high shield skill so it can never break.

1h can outspam you rly easy? maybe you, but the 1h weapon speeds are balanced and you can't just outspam someone unless they let it happen ( or have low wpf, in which case anyone could potentially outspam you ), if you block a 1h weapon you always have time to hit back unless your build sucks for melee or you let your enemy get into a posistion where it makes it hard for you to attack back.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 08:31:17 pm »
Idzo pls

Swashbuckling is by no definition overpowered so there is no reason at all to nerf it. Maybe the fact that just me and Bjord now are the only pure swashbucklers in EU says enough about its strength. It's basically a low damage version of being a longsworder but with better animations. Granted I am as effective as a 1h no shield as I was when I was a twohander, but that took some effort. It has its advantages, but its not a layman's class.

Try it before you cry for a nerf.

There is indeed already a penalty for blocking heavier weapons, which means any weapon above 2 weight. You get stunned for a while if they hold their swings. Mostly you can see this coming and you just block twice. People don't use it a whole lot either, because well, they never fight swashbucklers. If they try to continously do this you can just give em the old leftswingspam though.

I mentioned you few posts before...  I think I am.. Cba to check it now..:
I dont have trouble with you or any other guys using 1h sword i used it for some short period and its awesome fun. Prob its same for you going underpowerd in duels and raping shit out of mighty 2h and polearms. I believe it bring you great satisfaction. It's great joy to watch you, massasin or even bundle of sticks bjord in action...
Only thing why this is here is because of pickaxes hammers sickles and similar shit... 
I know when this would be done, archers would suffer the most because it would take em at least one slot but.. life's not fair, always.. :)
If we are tryin' to have balance/ realistic or whatever you call it mod then this should be fixed if you ask me.
That's all.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 08:36:03 pm »
It's a game, there are alot of 'ridiculous' things in cRPG, like women in dresses running around screaming on a battlefield with a flamberge, but manual blocking is one of the best parts of the game and what you suggest is just another thing that will ruin combat and make playing 1h pointless unless you are using a stupidly high shield skill so it can never break.

1h can outspam you rly easy? maybe you, but the 1h weapon speeds are balanced and you can't just outspam someone unless they let it happen ( or have low wpf, in which case anyone could potentially outspam you ), if you block a 1h weapon you always have time to hit back unless your build sucks for melee or you let your enemy get into a posistion where it makes it hard for you to attack back.

Maybe it's just me. but tbh i have problems with seeing 1h attack direction  :mrgreen:
you can attack mi with staff and i can block for ages, but 1h as tiny thing in your hand... i get lost pretty fast  :mrgreen:

yeah and my build is 24/15 and its not rly for dueling but i dont have problems with it.

after all speed of 1h are not point of this discussion... weight and blocking ability of 1h weapon is...

Let me compare to you guys.

How the fuck Mini cooper could block tank on his way thru street?
How the fuck sickle could block Long great axe?

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 10:05:42 pm »
+1
Maybe the fact that just me and Bjord now are the only pure swashbucklers in EU says enough about its strength

NOT TRUE!

Byrdi is 1h no shield this gen.

To be honest Shield is awesome in gank situation/clusterfucks and against range

1h without shield is superior to 1h+shield in 1 on 1 situations and sometimes 2 on 1 depending on player skill and agi. Chambering with 1h no shield and good wpf is very easy and the speed increase when your shield breaks makes you very fearsome. ofc smarter 2h walk backwards swinging hoping for an outrange or kick but its still a very very fun build
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk