Author Topic: First Thoughts  (Read 5336 times)

Offline rinaun

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: First Thoughts
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 04:05:18 am »
I think we all know the real reason you stopped playing

YOU

GOT

SAND

IN

YOUR

VAJAY

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 04:05:51 am »
+3
Generation ADHD strikes again

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 04:06:20 am »
+3
It sounds like this mod rewards players whom grind endlessly and put up with getting decked.
Thank you for reading the posts I went out of my way to write to give you a hand.

Shorter, ruder version:
You are bad. You are dying because you are bad. A skip the fun character starts with everything you need to do somewhat well. The rest is up to your individual skill, which you don't have, because you are bad.

You can put time into the duel server to get better, or you can complain and quit.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2012, 04:07:11 am »
+3
Thank you for reading the posts I went out of my way to write to give you a hand.

Shorter, ruder version:
You are bad. You are dying because you are bad. A skip the fun character starts with everything you need to do somewhat well. The rest is up to your individual skill, which you don't have, because you are bad.

I prefer this version! :D

Offline rinaun

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2012, 04:08:28 am »

Shorter, ruder version:

The funny part is every other forum I talk to about this game completely disagrees with you. I'd link other forums (SA, /vg/ etc) but you get the jist.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2012, 04:10:19 am »

First off: Why is there such a large gap from the top to the bottom? Even with the level 30 boost I still have nothing compared to others.
Why don't you try putting effort into the game first and then complain?

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2012, 04:15:13 am »
The funny part is every other forum I talk to about this game completely disagrees with you. I'd link other forums (SA, /vg/ etc) but you get the jist.

And I'm not even a very good polearm duelist. Stick to teammates and take every opportunity you get to inflict damage.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 04:20:27 am »

More sounds like a bunch of people who are jealous that they can't cut it in this mod.

You can put time into the duel server to get better, or you can complain and quit.

And also this. You can be level 30 and have all the best gear in the world, but if you suck you'll have your ass handed to you again and again.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:24:15 am by rustyspoon »

Offline rinaun

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 04:23:21 am »

And I'm not even a very good polearm duelist. Stick to teammates and take every opportunity you get to inflict damage.

You are proving one of my points, you realize this right? As someone mentioned before, you basically gimp yourself not putting all your stats into one spec. As me and my friends did, we balanced them out (not getting a real explanation for them aside from what they do) and as soon as we get on a server we can easily notice that stacking one stat in certain sections is just plain common sense and if you don't well lol!

If it IS this way (dump all into one weapon ability), why even have points the way they are? I think another main issue is you can't keep new players from experienced players and this will almost always (in RPGs) lead to some serious imbalances without handicaps set in place.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 04:23:30 am »
+3
If you have teamspeak or ventrilo, you can easily talk to some of the active players that play this game. There are others in this thread that seriously put effort in trying to help you so you may have a better experience of the game.

This game has a tough, yet gradual learning curve. It's actually nice that there aren't too many plateaus like you would find in other games. If you put forth a solid effort to try to get good at this game (which includes understanding stats/build making, roles on the battlefield, and working with other groups of players), you can learn to understand the amount of options you have available even as a new player.

EDIT: If you feel as though you messed up your build, you are free to respec your skip the fun character once a week, and you can freely respec your other characters for half of your current experience.

I urge you to check the beginner's forums that have guides for builds and the basics of how to play at the game. You are also free to ask any question concerning gameplay or interface.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:27:17 am by san. »

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2012, 04:26:35 am »
+1
If it IS this way (dump all into one weapon ability), why even have points the way they are? I think another main issue is you can't keep new players from experienced players and this will almost always (in RPGs) lead to some serious imbalances without handicaps set in place.
Hybrids are perfectly viable. It's entirely possible to split your WPF between throwing and a melee skill, or between crossbows and a melee skill, or between two melee skills and still be competent in melee. You won't be as good as a purely dedicated class, but that's the price you pay for versatility.

What you can't do is randomly pick attributes and stats and expect to come out with a build that is effective. You can freely respec your STF character once a week though, so you aren't completely boned.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2012, 04:26:59 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Shortcuts, so true :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 04:29:19 am »

Actually, this isn't really true either but the explanation is a bit long for this thread and you wouldn't know what I was talking about anyway.

Also, it's good that experienced players and new players are in the same server because you can LEARN from watching them.

That's how I learned. Whenever I was dead, I'd find a good player and spec them.

Or you can just play siege. It's mostly populated by newer players anyway.

Offline rinaun

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 04:30:58 am »
If you have teamspeak or ventrilo, you can easily talk to some of the active players that play this game. There are others in this thread that seriously put effort in trying to help you so you may have a better experience of the game.
Thanks. I mean, my friends have already uninstalled this; we were hoping this mod would give some more depth to sieges/WB but honestly after playing the few games they did (repeatedly get spawned against tincans while they have bare chest and a kitchen knife) was too much and I doubt I will be playing this without buddies. I was just offering some suggestive feedback on how to make this game more acceptable to new players. I  have no issue with shit being hard, and if it wasn't I wouldn't be playing warband in the first place. But I mean I spent a good hour playing and only got at most 500 gold..................... That is just.........yea no thanks.

This game has a tough, yet gradual learning curve. It's actually nice that there aren't too many plateaus like you would find in other games. If you put forth a solid effort to try to get good at this game (which includes understanding stats/build making, roles on the battlefield, and working with other groups of players), you can learn to understand the amount of options you have available even as a new player.
I've played the game for a decent time and while I am hardly a good fighter, I know when the gear/build is beating the fuck out of me and not skill.

Offline rinaun

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 04:34:41 am »
dbl post