Author Topic: If This Isn't Ovpowered, Why Isn't it?  (Read 7280 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2866
  • Infamy: 1058
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: If This Isn't Ovpowered, Why Isn't it?
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2012, 12:24:23 pm »
I also doubt it's just 4 PT but if it is, it's broken. You see, 4 PT isn't proper hybridization. I can put that much if I decide to respec my main and I'll have my 2H build same as before.

Four points in throwing and let's say 80-90 in throwing is nothing. Main reason why I didn't put my 4 free points in throwing because I thought I couldn't hurt anyone. Guess I was wrong.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2012, 12:25:21 pm »
+2
Not op....

It is probably also the highest damage he could get by throwing with his weapon. A 2h can also do low to non damage when he is about to glance, with a good swing he can take down a plate guy in 2 hits as well... so nah, hard to say this was op.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2012, 12:52:58 pm »
+2
I never really have a problem with throwers unless it is a 2v1 or 3v1. 

I don't see why they should be nerfed at all.  They always seem to run away from me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2012, 02:21:21 pm »
pointless thread. There is absolutely no significance in taking one incident into account to judge how strong or weak damage from a weapon is, when the damage is calculated with a random factor.

WaltF4? Gief some average numbers! :P

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2012, 02:51:28 pm »
Umm, some of you are obviously missing the part where I said I'm wearing 46 body armor. That is not light armor. That's as much as one of the new Brigandines or the other red armor. I also have 7 Ironflesh.

Zisa, then learn to beat it. So what I got that score with a Great Maul? I actually block.
Can't block a throwing axe, dunce. Also, you could have used those 7 points you put into IF and put them into agility as +3 agility and 1 athletics.

lamelar - not as good for dodging as light (i.e. fuck all) armor. It's medium, and it slows you down considerably.

I suppose we should nerf axe because your bedtowel covering did not absorb all the damage? Get hit with an arbalest in full plate and see an 8th of health left or so (30str 10 IF) and you might rethink how OP those axes are. Or, you might think 'game' sometimes the badguys win.

I've chased chucky down with agi builds and strength builds, agi being more likely to catch him of course, and I do not recall being one shot by him in a pilgrim disguise either.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2012, 02:57:08 pm »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2012, 03:00:45 pm »
+1
Perhaps I should reiterate that i have 12 (twelve) power throw.

Well, you don't have 12 effective power throw, that's for sure. How much throwing wpf do you have and how much armor do you wear? My guess is that you've max got 8, probably like 6-7 :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2012, 03:17:35 pm »
+1
Have played a lot of throwing on my main and alts. Most throwing is good for usually is stagger and anger the enemy until you take him down in melee.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2012, 03:21:39 pm »
Throwing axes hurt alot, even do tons of damage or even one shot my horse. Throwing used to not do as much damage, it also seems to have gotten much more accurate. Not to mention throwers have tons of throwing weapons and can pick them up if they miss. Reduce damage or accuracy or how many they can carry.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2012, 03:26:20 pm »
+1
It is utterly impossible that a 4pt throwing axe oneshot anyone wearing lamellar, unless it was launched from castle walls at a running person for maximum speed bonus. The thrower is lying, most likely.

And yes, throwing axes do a lot of damage to a charging horse and virtually none to a horse running away because the flight speed of the weapon is so low they get a massive damage bonus when someone is charging at them. Slower flightspeed of weapon, larger the bonus.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2012, 03:27:30 pm »
Chucky isn't a hybrid he is a dedicated thrower with 4 pt. I believe he is 12-27, so he has a lot of athletics for speed bonus and I would assume a lot of WM so he is pretty accurate.

People keep saying that throwing is really inaccurate, but that never seems to be the case when I see them, other then the half way accros the map shots that people try and make.

EDIT: On its own, throwing isn't even that OP, but when there are a lot of them on it becomes pretty obnoxious. Also that fact that throwing axes have a bonus to shield makes it even worse.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2012, 03:41:18 pm »
It is utterly impossible that a 4pt throwing axe oneshot anyone wearing lamellar, unless it was launched from castle walls at a running person for maximum speed bonus. The thrower is lying, most likely.

And yes, throwing axes do a lot of damage to a charging horse and virtually none to a horse running away because the flight speed of the weapon is so low they get a massive damage bonus when someone is charging at them. Slower flightspeed of weapon, larger the bonus.

I have a champion destrieter with alot of hp and armor, running away it still takes atleast 1/3 of my horses health away if not more. I dont see how that is no damage.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2012, 03:43:42 pm »
I've got a champion courser and 8 riding (well, had, before respec), in the rare event my horse gets hit by a throwing weapon from behind it's totally negligible.

Then again, it is light years faster then a destrier.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2012, 03:46:40 pm »
+3
Chucky isn't a hybrid he is a dedicated thrower with 4 pt. I believe he is 12-27, so he has a lot of athletics for speed bonus and I would assume a lot of WM so he is pretty accurate.
From what I have read, ranged speed bonus is purely one-way. It depends entirely on the speed of the victim relative to the missile (as if the missile was thrown from a stationary position).

Source

Since throwing axes are so slow, I would expect running into them would make you take a massive amount of extra damage.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:56:20 pm by Vodner »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2012, 03:48:42 pm »
+5
The thing that makes throwing scary on the receiving end is you are usually up close and personal with the thrower taking a good speed bonus against a high damage weapon.  I tend to avoid closing on throwers since I currently don't have a shield.

But by no means are throwers OP.  I repeat - I don't like engaging with throwers, but I am not suggesting a nerf.  They have low ammo low accuracy and usually need 3 hits to kill anyone.  They simply don't last during a round, which is why I let some other unsuspecting peasant sop up projectiles early and then engage the throwers late in the round when they are low on ammo.

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345