Author Topic: nerf archers  (Read 13403 times)

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
Re: nerf archers
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2012, 02:10:10 am »
They can take several arrows. You don't seem to comprehend that you can't pick a 2 handed guy, str crutch and then bitch because you get shot with arrows. Your op was a crossbow bolt anyways. You are full of shit about how much damage arrows generally do. I usually wear a Byrnja or other light/medium stuff and most of the time arrows do insignificant damage. Arrows are not bolts.

And like Applesauce said, 2 handed is one of the most overpowered things in the game. You're just being a whiner.
done with your crying? You are obviously butthurt about STR builds but you are in the wrong threat to cry about it. its about archers here not STR builds and niether shielders.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:25:03 am by wanteds »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2012, 02:11:14 am »
Ah now I get it. 2h/pole should be only build in game that can beat everything else with ease and without investing skills in several locations. No counters, just facerolling around battlefield. Sounds cool ye?

They have been whining about cav in past, cav got nerfed. They have been whining about archers for whole history, and archers have been nerfed several times already.
Now they still whine, because there's still something in game that they can lose to and want it to be nerfed as well.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2012, 02:19:11 am »
Being a STR build-2h-Lordly Milanese Plate-crutching-loser-bastard-punk, I think archery damage is pretty damn low... against people who play like I do. I honestly had more trouble with archers back when I was rolling a 12/27 shielder build. The problem wasn't so much not getting hit, it was how much of my health I lost when I *did* get hit. The sheer number of arrows I can take with my 10 Ironflesh far offsets the ability to block every arrow that's fired off in front of me.

STR build 2her? Dodging arrows is easy even if you don't know where they're being fired off from and even if you get hit the damage is very minimal.

AGI build shielder? Even if you can block any arrow and your shield can take all the arrows in the world, you're going to take one or two arrows in the back at some point, be it due to lack of battlefield awareness or simply the archers being positioned well, and that'll be the end of it.

I feel like bows should be more useful against high armor values simply because of how necessary it is to be able to do that if you want to get any kills with a bow. As far as archery balance is, I find that to be the only problem. They've been nerfed more than enough.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2012, 02:40:11 am »
Well. I am archer with 0IF and light armor usually it takes 3 arrows from other archers to kill me, sometimes 4. And most of the time I get 1 hit by 2handers, even 1handers one hitting me aren't that unusual. And now you tell me archers do the same damage than 2hers? Bitch please. For some reason 2hers just seem to think they are suppoused to pwn everyone and nothing should be able to touch them.

E: Well yeah headshots are totally different though. Sometimes I don't even kill with 1 shot in the head, if they are wearing good helmet.

FOR FUCK SAKE I AM NOT SAYING ARCHERS ARE DOING THE SAME DAMAGE AS 2 HANDERS I AM SAYING THEY SHOULDN'T, AS MIWI IMPLIED

Edit: I am a 1h player, riddle me that and l2read.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2012, 02:43:52 pm »
+1
The problem is,
*Everyone has a ranged weapon, since xbows require no skill.
*Running-archer problem should be fine after that stamina shit.
*Even if i right-click with that fucking +3 board shield (which is a door), they can still shot me in gaps.
*And yeah sometimes they do a lot of damage.

My armor values are 52h 65b 57l and I am a 30 str/10 ironflesh tank.
YET
I DIE BY 3-5 BAGGE ARROWS/BOLTS, SOMETIMES ONE-SHOT IN THE HEAD.
AND I STARTED TO THINK LIKE, IF I DIE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT WHAT WOULD OTHER PLAYERS DO?

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2012, 02:46:03 pm »
NERF ARCHERY

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2012, 02:47:20 pm »
AND I STARTED TO THINK LIKE, IF I DIE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT WHAT WOULD OTHER PLAYERS DO?

Look at that noob he died by headshot

Oh retard died

OMFG HEEEEADSHOT

Darkness...

We can increase examples

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2012, 02:56:06 pm »
Regardless of my high STR plus IF and my 65 body armor, i die i mean.

PS:SG

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2012, 07:08:58 pm »
You die by 3-5 shots, which is more than ok. Getting shot 5 times in round... you have to do something seriously wrong and it takes plenty of time to shoot shielder that many times.

And yeah... when archer is shooting half of his quiver at you, he's getting only one kill. While you run around smashing people and kill several in that same time. All is fine.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2012, 10:29:34 pm »
This thread is fucking stupid.

Why?
Because archers suck, alot.  They are seriously weak and shitty. I keep trying to play one and you CANNOT KILL ANYTHING.

Agi build archer can hit targets, but deals really low damage.
Str build archer cant hit shit, so deals no damage (duh)

Ive tried most builds with different amount of sucess and archer is the worst by faaaaaaaar.

One year ago when i started to play crpg, archers wasnt quite so bad, you could actually kill people.
But after a year of nerfs,  naaaa its just frustrating to try.

I think 1% of my deaths are from arrows,

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2012, 10:31:13 pm »
+1
This thread is fucking stupid.

Why?
Because archers suck, alot.  They are seriously weak and shitty. I keep trying to play one and you CANNOT KILL ANYTHING.

Agi build archer can hit targets, but deals really low damage.
Str build archer cant hit shit, so deals no damage (duh)

Ive tried most builds with different amount of sucess and archer is the worst by faaaaaaaar.

One year ago when i started to play crpg, archers wasnt quite so bad, you could actually kill people.
But after a year of nerfs,  naaaa its just frustrating to try.

I think 1% of my deaths are from arrows,

this is why balance shouldn't be designed around shit players, you can't play the class then blame balance, when PD leaning mw rus bow builds with mw tatar/bodkins (especially leveled past 30) are the most broken class in the game, absolutely, by far
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2012, 10:37:56 pm »
You make an excellent point, balance should not be around shit players.

Who the fuck dies from arrows?   Probably shit players,  tards without proper armor and a shield.

Why then you are asking for death arent you?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2012, 10:52:28 pm »
You make an excellent point, balance should not be around shit players.

Who the fuck dies from arrows?   Probably shit players,  tards without proper armor and a shield.

Why then you are asking for death arent you?

rus bow archers with mw gear 2 shot me in 60 body armor and 7 IF, they do more damage than heavy crossbows, fire three times as fast and are probably more accurate too.  sorry you don't have looms, levels, accuracy, build, awareness, and skill to be able to play your class closer to its "max potential" (which is where its horribly imbalanced)
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2012, 10:56:11 pm »
Joe_schmoe with a 2hander is gonna 2shot you as well, he doesnt even need heirlooms.

Archers are good when they crutch on mw items,   thus they are weak as shit and need a buff.

Also,  get a shield. You wont get 2shot then

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2012, 11:16:15 pm »
thus they are weak as shit and need a buff.
Also,  get a shield.

Idiot.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me