Author Topic: What kind of map would you like us to make?  (Read 5905 times)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Re: What kind of map would you like us to make?
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2011, 10:27:02 am »
Battle plz
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2011, 10:59:05 am »
Maybe a little village at a river in a valley with some flat grass area around , with enough room for the cav players. Around the flat area some medium hills. This map must not be very huge.
The flags should appear in the village , so that you should conquer the village. Some trees should be spread everywhere. The Houses in the village should only be little to medium high. Not very high. It should be a grass map , not desert. And in this map is nice wheather all the time ;-) No fog , or rain ;-) Only blue sky :-)

How does this sound ?

( Battlemap )
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2011, 11:27:50 am »
Maybe a little village at a river in a valley with some flat grass area around , with enough room for the cav players. Around the flat area some medium hills. This map must not be very huge.
The flags should appear in the village , so that you should conquer the village. Some trees should be spread everywhere. The Houses in the village should only be little to medium high. Not very high. It should be a grass map , not desert. And in this map is nice wheather all the time ;-) No fog , or rain ;-) Only blue sky :-)

How does this sound ?

( Battlemap )

might have u covered... not a village but it will be pretty small with small to medium-ish hills. And one cabin...
Heres a battle map Ive been working on... Its going to be called something along the lines of "Homesteading" due to the central local being a house that looks like a cabin. Its the only structure in the map. Any extreme elevation will be unrechable because Ill put barriers that wont allow for people to camp on high areas looking over the entire map. :P

It futures a small "tall grass area" good for ambushes and maybe getting away from archers view. It might end up being a leecher sanctuary... One cabin in the middle of the map that has a roof accessible even to cavalry. some elevation but like I said any extreme height will be blocked.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2011, 12:37:55 pm »
Ronan your map looks real nice. But i thought about a little more open area , with about 5 houses and no hills in this flat area. Like a flat ring around this houses .... you can call it farm.
Around this flat ring are some medium hills. But there must be some room between the houses , and the hills, so that it would not be like around the farm were archers that shoot down. The hills would be a little more away. Archers would have a flat shoot to the houses from there , not down. Starting points for the 1. team were behind some hills, and the other in the farm.

There would be trees here and there around the farm , that could create some cover for infantry against cav, or archers. Maybe some little rocks too. But not so many and not everywhere. Maybe with a river at the farm.

That would be nice :-)

In simple words : A flat ring nice for cav , with some cover as trees and rocks , around a farm , and around this flat ring some medium hills, not too high.
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2011, 06:08:41 am »
We already have too many "farm in a village" maps... time to get creative

I was thinking about making a canyon with an oxbow river, but people tend to complain about anything that slows them down
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:10:53 am by Wallace »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login