Author Topic: Don't buff hybrids.  (Read 3997 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: Don't buff hybrids.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 06:21:22 pm »
people whine about hybrid throwers and others but forget how hard their sword hits, how fast they can swing their sword and how they can footwork better with more ath compared to hybrids
Or how hard they can hit with more PS. Which has always been more useful then WM.

Since there is supposed to be an adjustment to wpf curves coming perhaps WM will become more useful, or only more useful to hybrids.

Hybrid throwers blow, not because of there inherent nature of half assed at two things, but entirely because of how people play them, as outlined in post 1.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 06:24:20 pm »
+1
Archer hybrids
wtf who cares, be an archer or not.
heavy armored archer + melee weapon (or worse, 1hander and shield)
Grow a pair dammit, BE AN ARCHER.

I'm play this game since Jan 2011 and if i'm not be bored because of i have archer hybrid build. When i bored take a lance and horse play like horse lancer or take heavy armor and take my two hand sword play like melee.

Rigidity is bad for games. Because i play this game for leave distress. More limits = more boring.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 06:25:00 pm »
well...you know polearms got the same nerf...and they got polestagger removed

howcome i can see polearms jump spin stabbing the wholetime then ? might be theyr timing  or maybe now the pole animation is beneficial to the arc nerf , atleast the jump stabbers dont seem affected by it
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 06:44:41 pm »
Hybrids were part of old, fun yet unbalanced cRPG. Making hybrids better is a good way to merge current cRPG with an old, pre-upkeep cRPG.

Also, recent changes Harald did are incentive for most active players to never retire their mains again.

Now you can:

1) farm gold and looms on alts
2) play strat successfully even if you're level 31+

Why would anyone retire if they don't need to? Only if they get bored playing their mains (and they have to play them to be good in strat). They'll get bored because their mains are pure builds. That's why we should make hybrids better so people don't get bored that easily while playing their level 31+ mains.
You don't recall the glory days of old cRPG with tincans+xbows. Oh, RIGHT, that was supposed to have changed, but I see enough of Heavy Armor + DGS + xbow now.

Want to know my hybrid thrower, or hybrid archer? - take PS, not WM.
Since you don't really 'need' more then 1 wpf.

Why should they be 'better' if people are bored? If you are bored challenge yourself, why make it easy, which is what a buff to hybrids is all about. Oh, I see, you think making everybody's 'main' a hybrid will stave off boredom so they continually play their lvl 31+ character, because they have to.. for strat.

Code: [Select]
Level:           34

Strength:        15
Agility:         27

Skill to attr:    6

Power Strike:     5
Athletics:        9
Weapon Master:    9

Two Handed:     131
Crossbow:       152
using cRPG NewGen calc

This has 6 skill points left over...
Also, the calculator is great.

I don't see why you should buff this.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 07:01:09 pm »
+3
better use words gurni, since now youre being a pompus cunt, tell me why you think this is untrue then.

And while the 2H stab increase the range by a lot, the polearm stab do not. Even though the 2H stab fail a lot more up close than before, they can at least be used for the range-game most of the time, and you have some good swings to rely on when the opponent closes in. Polestab adds piss length (without shield), still bounces up close if you don't spin, and a lot of the polearms have 2 or even 1 attacking direction where the thrust is the most important attack by far. Not being able to use the stab effectively with long awlpike/english bill/swiss halberd/ashwood pike etc. is a massive nerf to polearms. Hoplites also took quite a heavy nerf with the removal of the spin-stab.

With two-handers you always have 3 other great directions to attack, not so much with many of the polearms, so I can't really understand why you could say that this buffed polearms compared to 2H. I would rather say the complete opposite.

Pikes does work well still, so does poleaxes, but those that were considered jack of both trades (length and dueling ability) in the middle, the ones I already mentioned with 2 directions (^) are pretty much redundant if they don't fix stabs bouncing up close with a major thrust-stun to boot. The overhead is slow enough to get you spammed, the range on the thrust is not long enough to be a pure supporter like with the pikes and the thrust will bounce a lot if they close the distance.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 07:06:59 pm »
(click to show/hide)
It is giggle worthy when a battle fork continually glances because you don't have room to maneuver. It makes the shorter polearms attractive for brawling style though.

Sorry, us NA pukes don't have these wonderful new mechanic nerfs, so really can not compare. Unless they changed it for today.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 07:54:45 pm »
This has 6 skill points left over...
Also, the calculator is great.

I don't see why you should buff this.
Code: [Select]
Level:           34

Strength:        15
Agility:         27

Skill to attr:    6

Power Strike:     5
Athletics:        9
Weapon Master:    9

Two Handed:     131
Crossbow:       152
using cRPG NewGen calc
You fucking blind?
(click to show/hide)
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 07:57:22 pm »
Anyone who lets you change weapons without getting hit is either a slow build or an idiot, or you've been really lucky, so lucky you haven't realized how risky it is. I've seen yer ilk do exactly as you described and get hit for their trouble.
You are aware X is pretty fucking instant and shit, right? And that most throwers will use their throwing weapons in melee mode for meleeing.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 08:00:22 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Maybe partially blind, that is moot.
The point is your gerbil like attention span and inability to follow a train of thought, let alone a thread. Since it was a reply re: 31+ characters it was appropriate.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 08:00:33 pm »
+1
lol?
Struck a nerve did I?
Anytime you want to run around in a pilgrim disguise carrying a flamberge let me know, I'll see how good you do.

Anyone who lets you change weapons without getting hit is either a slow build or an idiot, or you've been really lucky, so lucky you haven't realized how risky it is. I've seen yer ilk do exactly as you described and get hit for their trouble.

a nerve? no. Just saying you complain about someones stepping back to throw while your own playstyle is something that encourages people to do it.

I don't need to change weps if I don't have time, I just press X and switch my heavy throwing axes to melee mode. Not as good as my regular 1h, but 36 cut dmg still hits hard (there's a thrower trick I just told you, you make a QQ thread and get free gameplay tips :) ).

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 08:02:49 pm »
You are aware X is pretty fucking instant and shit, right? And that most throwers will use their throwing weapons in melee mode for meleeing.
I am aware there is a delay with changing mode of weapon. And I've caught /(and been caught as a thrower) many a thrower before it kicks in - any thrower can relate. Stop scatter firing your pathetic responses and grasping for straws - I don't care about the price of tea in china either.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 08:10:52 pm »
+1
prob  with crpg is the pub action just dousnt seem to evolve, its like the community has stagnated, i remember good times with shield wall advances and players working together, now most of the time i just see tiny groups , and individuals scattered across the battle field in one big chaotic clusterfuck. il stop here before this becaumes a 2page qq post

two issues:
1) Cav is overpowered, dominates and has no downside. It's supposed to be balanced by cost but that no longer works on crpg when people can easily fund cav gens by selling loompoint for 650k (note how cav is still rare in strategus, where cost still matters). It's no longer very shocking to see 30-50 mounted players on battle servers.

2) Strategus currently is not very popular. When people are more involved with strategus, clans consolidate and get more organized, which is reflected in public servers you see them grouping together and leading pub teams. Strategus 3 fizzled quickly and is just coasting now with 2 super alliances while devs slowly work on major updates to eventually wipe/restart it.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 08:13:42 pm »
a nerve? no. Just saying you complain about someones stepping back to throw while your own playstyle is something that encourages people to do it.

I don't need to change weps if I don't have time, I just press X and switch my heavy throwing axes to melee mode. Not as good as my regular 1h, but 36 cut dmg still hits hard (there's a thrower trick I just told you, you make a QQ thread and get free gameplay tips :) ).
I've been throwing since before you were a zygote, perhaps you should ask Chucky about it, because I know he remembers.

If you change weapons against Zisa (main) with a flamberge you are probably going to eat a flamberge.

The problem with your 'throw first' style is it sucks. Not as a single poor decision but as a habit hybrid throwers will throw into a melee - easily causing more problems (for team mates) and being useless, as opposed to drawing melee weapon and actually trying to help. But carry on thinking it's a great playstyle - I usually prefer to let people figure stuff out for themselves, but you need to know.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 08:20:42 pm »
You don't recall the glory days of old cRPG with tincans+xbows.

I do, it was fun and awesome, why are you hating? The old snipercrossbow which actually killed a lot of people in one hit was super fun, as were the shotgunning match endings. Better then watching people run after kiting archers which now can't melee and crap.

And that crossbowman with the funny face which would pull a long voulge which was then fun and swingable sideways from hammerspace. Eh.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 08:21:34 pm »
lol I been doing hyrbid 1h/shield thrower for like 12-13 gens now, I think I know a thing or two about it.

I consider myself melee first also, wear medium-heavy armour (around 60 body, 50 head), have 8 power strike. I like hybrid cuz I have lots of tactical options with the extra 10-30 yard range by carrying 2 axe stacks, which is fun and useful to augment my killing. I rarely get caught by melee mid throw, when I do its cuz I really messed up.