Author Topic: Don't buff hybrids.  (Read 3960 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Don't buff hybrids.
« on: June 12, 2012, 04:58:22 am »
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Don't buff hybrids.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 06:29:56 am »
+8
We need 40 more Kuyak my old friend DGS bitches instead?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:11:36 am »
We need 40 more Kuyak my old friend DGS bitches instead?
Hyperbole.. well done. Not.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 10:35:00 am »
Not sure if trolling or serious...
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1923
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 12:48:43 pm »
Hybrids were part of old, fun yet unbalanced cRPG. Making hybrids better is a good way to merge current cRPG with an old, pre-upkeep cRPG.

Also, recent changes Harald did are incentive for most active players to never retire their mains again.

Now you can:

1) farm gold and looms on alts
2) play strat successfully even if you're level 31+

Why would anyone retire if they don't need to? Only if they get bored playing their mains (and they have to play them to be good in strat). They'll get bored because their mains are pure builds. That's why we should make hybrids better so people don't get bored that easily while playing their level 31+ mains.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 02:13:04 pm »
you forgot cav/infantry hybrids

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 04:14:46 pm »
+1
Zisa you are kind of a hypocrite here considering how often I've seen you in robes with flamberge, trying some kind of S key backpeddling combat. One of the reasons I have throwing is to force engagement with S key types, they start dancing backwards I pull back too and throw at them, that gets them to come back into range real fast.

The biggest problem on battle servers is cav, and more xbows/throwers are appearing to counter them cuz they can actually reach out and damage them, not just have to wait for them to attack.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 04:19:44 pm »
+2
Zisa you are kind of a hypocrite here considering how often I've seen you in robes with flamberge, trying some kind of S key backpeddling combat. One of the reasons I have throwing is to force engagement with S key types, they start dancing backwards I pull back too and throw at them, that gets them to come back into range real fast.

The biggest problem on battle servers is cav, and more xbows/throwers are appearing to counter them cuz they can actually reach out and damage them, not just have to wait for them to attack.

people whine about hybrid throwers and others but forget how hard their sword hits, how fast they can swing their sword and how they can footwork better with more ath compared to hybrids

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 04:56:14 pm »
+1
Indeed. If there is anything that DOES not need a buff, its the 2handed class! In comparison to any other class they are more than stable and had less changes than anyone else. And yes that's true, they're probably even a bit stronger than the 2h in native. Not saying that they should be nerfed in any way, but IF something has to be nerfed, it is not any ranged class.  :P
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 04:57:36 pm »
+4
Hybrids are one of the few reasons i still play this game.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 06:08:39 pm »
to hander has had a significant nerf to the stab, no more lol stabbing, this makes polearms alot more powerfull in comparison again. leshma your point is just wel.. meh, imo the difference between a lvl 31 or a hardcapped 35/36 is not that huge, and this new system brought to crpg what it needed: more flexibility for players to ''effectivly play the game reward wise'' this game is still a big grind materialistic wise, and atleast they are going in the right direction to making it less retarded. IF nerf ? u kidding right? common have u even thought before posting this? imo hybrid builds are already very viable in teamplay, prob  with crpg is the pub action just dousnt seem to evolve, its like the community has stagnated, i remember good times with shield wall advances and players working together, now most of the time i just see tiny groups , and individuals scattered across the battle field in one big chaotic clusterfuck. il stop here before this becaumes a 2page qq post
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 06:10:32 pm »
+2
to hander has had a significant nerf to the stab, no more lol stabbing, this makes polearms alot more powerfull in comparison again.

I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 06:11:48 pm »
better use words gurni, since now youre being a pompus cunt, tell me why you think this is untrue then.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 06:16:56 pm »

lol?
Struck a nerve did I?
Anytime you want to run around in a pilgrim disguise carrying a flamberge let me know, I'll see how good you do.

Anyone who lets you change weapons without getting hit is either a slow build or an idiot, or you've been really lucky, so lucky you haven't realized how risky it is. I've seen yer ilk do exactly as you described and get hit for their trouble.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 06:20:32 pm »
+2
better use words gurni, since now youre being a pompus cunt, tell me why you think this is untrue then.
well...you know polearms got the same nerf...and they got polestagger removed