Poll

Nerf Fagchers ?

Sure
59 (19.9%)
Must
25 (8.4%)
Need
17 (5.7%)
YES PLEASE NERF IT , I'M my old friend BUT WE ARE OP !
29 (9.8%)
kebab
51 (17.2%)
No
116 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 295

Author Topic: Nerf Archery  (Read 27156 times)

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
Re: Nerf Archery
« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2012, 06:39:18 pm »
+2
Nerf rusbow there is no point in using a longbow.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2012, 08:49:23 pm »
+3
or buff long bow so there is point to use that

devs have to know then peps use long bows only because of amazing look

rus bow is op or to cheap but at all gay
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 04, 2012, 02:26:39 am »
And then you had another dream, and then woke up? Get real, your pipe dreams are bullshit or you would main an archer instead of spending your time bitching on forums. Just GTFO

people don't do archery on their mains because its boring with zero risk involved, just like kafein explained.  stand on a hill, play a shitty FPS game against enemies who can't shoot back, if anyone gets close run away at 100 miles an hour.  its an extremely unfun playstyle unless you mix some melee in, which most don't because they're bad at melee and kiting is so powerful so why learn how to block?
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #273 on: October 04, 2012, 04:57:04 am »
+1
people don't do archery on their mains because its boring with zero risk involved, just like kafein explained.  stand on a hill, play a shitty FPS game against enemies who can't shoot back, if anyone gets close run away at 100 miles an hour.  its an extremely unfun playstyle unless you mix some melee in, which most don't because they're bad at melee and kiting is so powerful so why learn how to block?

People dont do archery because the average melee spammer cant do shit with a bow and has to rely on superior armor/a shield/STR crutching to compensate for his lack of skill. You are not seriously implying that people in this community prefere a challenge over a proven, cookie cutter, ez-mode build, are you ?? For instance, go to the duel server and tell me what 80 % of all people there are using. Thats right, its a danish gaysword because it does not require more than random button mashing + lolstabbing to achieve a decent degree of efficiency, even in the hands of a scrub.

Also again a failed attempt at understanding why archers try to not get involved into melee fights. Learning to block is not the issue here as that skill should be automatism if you are not exactly new to the game. There is simply little point in engaging an enemy with a weapon 3 times the lenght of yours who can oneshot you while also being able to swing it significantly faster. Needless to say your weapon will probably glance or bounce most of the time, depending on armor value.

The question remains why there are only a hand full of archers who are able to top the scoreboard and why melee and especially cav does it way more often. Considering all the scrubs complain about archery being OP this should not be possible at all.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:35:02 am by XyNox »

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #274 on: October 04, 2012, 05:20:57 am »
Idk... if I invested almost every fiber of my character to shoot my bow from a distance, I think the only logical thing to do when confronted by someone who invested every fiber of his character into cleaving me in half and using my skull as a urinal is to run.

Hey, I just met you, and this crazy, but archery hurts, whine more maybe?
Archery counters 2h.

(Also, things that can influence large hits by archery: Having great body armor, but shit leg/head armor(many more people do this than they should), speed bonus, masterwork bow and arrow vs non-masterworked equipment.)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #275 on: October 04, 2012, 06:34:38 am »
-

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 04, 2012, 11:10:22 am »
From my lancer times: many archers survive head shot from champy couser on max throttle to bare head

No wonder that they kite when they invest all WM to archery an remaining points to IF.
This ranged cancer is slowly killing MOD :(

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 04, 2012, 04:17:25 pm »
The first thing that has to be done about archery and ranged in general is to completely remove the projectile stun. Polearms don't have it, now there's no reason it should stay.

The second easy thing is changing the effects and prerequisite of the antiranged bump. Making it similar to a polestagger, and work from a greater distance (depending on weapon length probably) would fix a part of the archery antishielder bugusing.

Even if everything the archery lobby said here was true, there still are points I and others have made that seem to be systematically ignored.

A shielder has to dedicate his build and renounce the much more powerful, faster, longer, lighter and easier to use 2h/poles to get what ? A shield that maybe will save him from a handfull of arrows (yes I keep track of this) when advancing under fire.
An archer has to dedicate his build and renounce any kind of melee power to get what ? The power to inflict damage comparable to what 2h and polearms do, to anyone in sight. The running speed and agility to flee from every enemy footman, and to dodge any enemy cav.

An archer can kill any 2h, poles and cav he can see, and his simultaneously immune to them.
A shielder has a partial immunity to projectiles that if active halves his running speed and make him unable to fight.

(Also btw, dodging with shield up = bound to fail. Sometimes I dodge even on my shield guy because I move faster that way. But ofc dodging becomes useless once you are closer than 30m, or have an xbow aiming at you)

So we have one class that is the most effective possible counter against a very large part of the playerbase. And another class that can partially protect itself against that class, with negligible hope of actually doing any damage. That sounds fair.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #278 on: October 04, 2012, 04:40:51 pm »
The first thing that has to be done about archery and ranged in general is to completely remove the projectile stun. Polearms don't have it, now there's no reason it should stay.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #279 on: October 04, 2012, 04:49:19 pm »
+1
Did I miss anything? Archers are the ultra class now that dominate everyone  - even shielders with "antishielder bugusing"? I remember them as squishy bottom feeders that were more an annoyance than a threat to my shieldless melee chars. They didn't even waste any energy to target my shielders. Raped by cav and other ranged alike, their low armor making them a "one mistake and you are out" class. But they are probably OP now, with all the changes over the past months.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:57:32 pm by Paul »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2012, 06:19:40 pm »
+2
Did I miss anything? Archers are the ultra class now that dominate everyone  - even shielders with "antishielder bugusing"? I remember them as squishy bottom feeders that were more an annoyance than a threat to my shieldless melee chars. They didn't even waste any energy to target my shielders. Raped by cav and other ranged alike, their low armor making them a "one mistake and you are out" class. But they are probably OP now, with all the changes over the past months.

Well, archers come in two flavors.

You have those with no looms who are just annoying and you have the ones with fully loomed bows and arrows who do hilarious amounts of damage.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2012, 06:28:30 pm »
+3
Your sarcasm is deafening, truly.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #282 on: October 04, 2012, 07:35:07 pm »
Well, 1hander,lancer,2hander,thrower,xbower... come in two flavors.

You have those with no looms who are just annoying and you have the ones with fully loomed equipment who do hilarious amounts of damage.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #283 on: October 04, 2012, 07:48:02 pm »
+1
Herps derps

I like it when people who obviously don't understand the underlying mechanics make gross generalizations.

PD has a greater damage increase per point than PS. (almost double actually) Not to mention that you get the added bonus from two items being loomed.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #284 on: October 04, 2012, 10:08:22 pm »
+1
I like it when people who obviously don't understand the underlying mechanics make gross generalizations.

PD has a greater damage increase per point than PS. (almost double actually) Not to mention that you get the added bonus from two items being loomed.

The air friction values in c-RPG reduce arrow damage significantly.  Apparently power draw above 6 does nothing.