Author Topic: Version 0.286  (Read 94448 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.286
« Reply #360 on: June 12, 2012, 03:18:01 am »
I like shooting down helicopters in BF3 with tanks!

But on-topic...DOWN WITH LOLSTABBERS!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #361 on: June 12, 2012, 03:23:15 am »

Nobody told me that all the time I spent was more or less useless because the weapons I loomed and the build I am aiming for at level 33 is now useless because after 2 years the Devs decide to make pikers a support-ONLY class, lol.

I don´t know about other pikers/long spear users, but I was able to kill even Kinngrimm in 1 vs 1 at least 4 out of 10 times when concentrating, and know I have a hard time killing not even mediocre guys when 2 of them are coming towards me.

It´s just so - frustrating - thats the right term, you know.

I belive you that, no doubt. And I always support the claim for free character respeccs and heirloom resets if game balance changes are done. So on this part I am on your side.

But on the other hand you must understand that in a team based game with different classes skill always needs to be capped and limited somehow, otherwise it's always possible that a few dominate a majority, which will always lead to the frustration of the majority, letting the game die very quickly.

Games without classes or something like that, like Counter Strike, can work like this. But as soon as you got some kind of rock-paper-scissors-system in it, you need to limit skill, otherwise the system of rules will be broken and the game becomes unfair. Rules were invented to keep things fair, and they are what makes games and competition differ from real life (games = fun. Real life = not). But if the rules are broken (A>B>C>A works. C<A>B>C does not.) the game will die.

I think that a focus on teamplay is something absolutely good, it's not like personal skill doesn't matter. In fact i still think it's the side with the better average skill that wins all the fights on the server, not the side with the better teamplay. But in my eyes teamplay should win maps, and skill should help. Not the other way round. Those games are much more interesting and have far more depths than those which are only about the better reflexes and muscle memory. They are in no way better than those time based browser games: who plays it for the longer time wins. How interesting.  :rolleyes:

:wink:

Well, I had something like a 17:0 score on some map today using my long spear, but almost everykill is basically just a "killsteal" from other melee-teammates, and it feels kinda cheap. But if it is that you want poor long spear users to be, filthy kill-stealers, so be it ...

Actually: yes. That's support. If you want to take on the main fight, choose one of the fighting classes, like 1hd+shield, 2hd or halberdier. It's the same thing with ranged: archers are the main class, crossbows and throwers will always only remain ranged support.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:27:28 am by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #362 on: June 12, 2012, 03:23:48 am »
+1

Nobody told me that all the time I spent was more or less useless because the weapons I loomed and the build I am aiming for at level 33 is now useless because after 2 years the Devs decide to make pikers a support-ONLY class, lol.

I don´t know about other pikers/long spear users, but I was able to kill even Kinngrimm in 1 vs 1 at least 4 out of 10 times when concentrating, and know I have a hard time killing not even mediocre guys when 2 of them are coming towards me.

It´s just so - frustrating - thats the right term, you know.

According to you most changes were great, but I'm sure there were people who built their characters around the ability to jumpshoot, polestagger, crush through with a Morning Star and god knows how many other things.
All I ask is, why you and not them?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 12, 2012, 03:28:58 am »
ADAPT AND OVERCOME! Cav with lance nerf (angle) overcame it! Look at GK = RAPE.

Jumpshoot nerf = Look at Bagge and many others they rape with their bow.

Xbow nerf including adding rain again after being gone for a while = Look at Ronald and other Xbowers. They overcame it and are still kicking ass!

2handers in particular should stop complaining now!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2012, 03:30:07 am »
I´m not a 2hander  :lol:

Herp not talking about u in particular :D Know ur a long spear users lol. And for u meh.....as a complement imo you should get back overhead and maybe slightly more dmg. Not sure.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 12, 2012, 03:33:45 am »
Sounds good, we can call it "WarLord´s MW Long Spear " and it´s the only Long Spear in game that has overhead an 30 basic pierce dmg, so MW would have 33.

Thats only fair  :oops:

Well was thinking every long spear gets back overhead and and bump it up to 28 pierce instead of 26 and have bout 16 blunt on +0 loom.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #366 on: June 12, 2012, 03:40:53 am »
+4
The more I think about it, the more I support the idea of free character respeccs and heirloom resets.

I see no downside with it. Yes, players were able to buy cheaper heirlooms on the market, and would be able to put them out of stones and torches into greatswords and horses, but I still don't see where the problem is with it. And it's not like a +3 torch would be noticeably cheaper than a +3 flameberge, at least not as much as it would be needed to matter.

chadz once said:

Have your own char, live with it, with it's strength, but also with it's flaws. That is also the reason why there is no respec option.

But if the game changes, it's not your own char any more. It was your char, but then it was taken and changed, and now it's something different. You don't have to live with your decisions any more, you have to live with the dev's decisions. Which sucks and can lead to GTXs. I guess it's only a few per patch, but still, no need to scare people away.

It would reduce whine and increase the motivation of players to try the game with the new changes, to see how the developers meant the game to be played. But if hundreds and thousands of hours were for nothing, except of the joy of the moment, you somehow feel betrayed, if you planned on longer terms. Because grind is still an important aspect of the game, even for me. I hated the grind before the upkeep patch, but not having grind at all would definitely kill a lot of fun for me. Grind is what makes this game not totally arcade.

Come on, give the people a chance to always feel comfortable with their characters!
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #367 on: June 12, 2012, 03:59:15 am »
Good night, don´t take my rage personal cmp  :D

I don't.
What I'm trying to say is that if we didn't do changes because some players might not like them, there would be no changes at all.
If this was a commercial game, we would probably go for what the majority wants (after all they're paying). However, this is not a commercial game (for now) and despite what you think, some of us still enjoy playing it. Because of that, many of the choices we make end up being the ones we like. We know they will not be welcome by all players, but we also live with it.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 12, 2012, 04:01:08 am »
I don't.
What I'm trying to say is that if we didn't do changes because some players might not like them, there would be no changes at all.
If this was a commercial game, we would probably go for what the majority wants (after all they're paying). However, this is not a commercial game (for now) and despite what you think, some of us still enjoy playing it. Because of that, many of the choices we make end up being the ones we like. We know they will not be welcome by all players, but we also live with it.

Btw, if ur still awake lol. Bit off-topic considering what you just spoke about but why don't you have any plans on adding again the ridiculous and fun weapons such as Looney Toons Axe and add Boulder on a Stick instead of the Long Maul model? And Lance of Compensation instead of Great Lance. Would add more ''fun'' to the game imo.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #369 on: June 12, 2012, 04:15:36 am »
teh soo much promised better wpf curve?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #370 on: June 12, 2012, 05:25:33 am »
+2
If they fix stabs bouncing all the time then the spins wouldn't be needed even. But removing stabs without a decent buff back is the way to go, killing all 2-directional polearms that have average length but still bounces close
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 12, 2012, 07:23:28 am »
You can still spin, just not as hard as before. Bazinga didn't have any trouble at all poking people to death yesterday, he even said it's barely noticable (and he's been poking since forever).

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #372 on: June 12, 2012, 07:54:42 am »
USoA_Lord_Berenger love you man.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #373 on: June 12, 2012, 08:12:50 am »
Great patch.  Thanks for all the work on the changes.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #374 on: June 12, 2012, 08:25:31 am »
+2
So when do you buff swashbucklers?
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art