Author Topic: Version 0.286  (Read 94461 times)

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ayween_the_Quail
  • IRC nick: CaveSquirrel
Re: Version 0.286
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2012, 10:19:47 pm »
+2
New Helmets are bugged. At least Zitta Bascinet with Faceplate and Iron hat with Aventail.

When I drop my weapon and pig pick it up again, this happens:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Its annoying, my 2nd head always insults me while fighting.

Btw, if youre not feeding it, it will mutate:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:41:39 pm by CaveSquirrel »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2012, 10:41:20 pm »
+9
promotes stupid spamming

I can't possibly imagine how reducing turn speed can promote spam. It can only do the opposite actually. I say you are just spouting bullshit cause you are very mad. And you are mad because you need to adapt to the changes. But I'm sure in a few weeks it'll be okay.

Also, it killed my grandma.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2012, 11:14:23 pm »
+1
I can't possibly imagine how reducing turn speed can promote spam. It can only do the opposite actually. I say you are just spouting bullshit cause you are very mad. And you are mad because you need to adapt to the changes. But I'm sure in a few weeks it'll be okay.

Also, it killed my grandma.

R.I.P Kafein granny  1957-2012

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #348 on: June 12, 2012, 12:09:33 am »
Taking a break cause of bullshit nerfs and archery is still OP LOLOL always nerf the worst?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #349 on: June 12, 2012, 01:25:08 am »
So how does this turning change affect hoplites? My internet connection has gone to crap recently so haven't been able to check it.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 12, 2012, 02:10:36 am »
+2

If I get +ed by cmp, Leshma and Zisa for the same post I'm obviously doing something wrong.

So yeah when I'm complaining of my character being very clearly slower than he was with the same stats before the patch ingame, I'm dead serious.

Even though that enormous difference can't possibly come from trading my KAS for a ACS, I'm still reverting the trade because I like the 1h stab.

Now I'm very mad too, a bit like Dezilagel, but I don't why the actual reason.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #351 on: June 12, 2012, 02:15:51 am »
If by that you mean lower walking/running speed there was no such thing so it's either your imagination or a bug.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #352 on: June 12, 2012, 02:32:40 am »
Ok, if nothing's broken what were you trying to improve then?  :|

Things don't need to be broken to get improved. Fixed things need to be broken before, but even great things can still be improved. There is nothing wrong with banana leaves, yet we have toilet paper.

Turnstabs were lame, looked retarded and were surely not what the initial idea of stabs was.

I am glad it has been nerfed. It would be nice to have the turning speed lowered proportionally to the weapon length, but even in this state the change is awesome. It's downright lame to have an attack which turns your body by 180° to give your enemy a super fast hit with high damage. I am glad this is gone. You wanna fight a group? Grab a few teammates.

Both my favorite polearms (long spear and ashwood) are now damn useless, I can win 1 vs 1 when I try hard or on the duel server with the ashwood pike, but as soon as it is me vs. more then 2 guys I´m as good as dead, because I can´t turn as fast as it was before, so I have to kill one guy and run.

Perhaps those weapons are not meant to be duealling weapons, but support weapons? That's why you are not really supposed to win an 1 vs 1 against other melee classes, and definitely not against two or more enemies.  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 12, 2012, 02:35:11 am »
If by that you mean lower walking/running speed there was no such thing so it's either your imagination or a bug.

Playing on EU_1 basically everything I do is in slowmo. Most probably something clientside, I think I don't have load textures on demand ticked, and there was a minecraft server running in background (that usually works fine though, I've played Warband with Skyrim and Portal 2 running without issues in the past).

On EU_4 I got seriously lower foot acceleration (top speed is alright) and veeery slow swings. I had (found a reverse trade just now) 3 weapon speed points less with the ACS so the slow swings were probably because of that (quite extreme though). About the acceleration, this time I'm really quite sure it's not just an impression. I hope it is though, if it's still like that tomorrow I'll be mad :(

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 12, 2012, 02:40:45 am »
+1
That good players can kill multiple opponents is awesome and shouldn't be taken away, but I suppose we can try to seek mechanics that are not wonky like lolstabs.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 12, 2012, 02:48:06 am »
+2
well, I guess I have to accept that no skilled newbies are taking overhand and the devs like them more than skilled veterans who spend over 3000 hours playing their great mod -.-

Skilled players will have no problem adjusting.
Not-so-much-skilled players who relied solely on that one mechanic will.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 12, 2012, 02:59:08 am »
+2
It is at the moment neither fun nor challenging (which depend on each other IMO) to fight melee with polearms or 2h.

If you don't enjoy playing melee than you can play some other class or quit. What you can't do is speak for hundreds of other players.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 12, 2012, 03:05:34 am »
Joker, really? I am not supposed to win 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 4 with my ashwood pike? You gotta be kidding me.

I remember my record with the long spear was about 7 guys surrounding me, at the end all were dead.

Not even talking about the ashwood, in my good days I easily had a 25:0 score after some rounds.

well, I guess I have to accept that no skilled newbies are taking overhand and the devs like them more than skilled veterans who spend over 3000 hours playing their great mod -.-

You are mixing up "you are able to" with "you are supposed to".

How about game with realistic battlefields, and suddenly your ability to shoot down helicopters with tanks was removed, because you are not supposed to do so (AA guns are supposed to do it). Could you argument: "Are you kidding? I easily shot down 20 or 25 helicopters with my tank"? I guess not.

And there must always be drawn a line to prevent a few super skilled (and in my eyes super nerdy) players to dominate 20 lower skilled ones. Still too many people see this game as some kind of "group duelling mode". Instead of challenging a single player to a duel a lot of players challenge a lot of others to a duel. There is a reason this game has different classes and two teams, it's also about the interaction with the other classes, which is another word for teamplay. If this was not an important part of the game we would have deathmatch free for all, and the best allrounder player shall win.

Seriously, you don't pick a medic in Team Fortress 2 and then complain that you can't win against a group of Pyros, Soldiers and Heavies. Support classes are support classes. Spear- and pikemen are support classes.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 12, 2012, 03:07:27 am »
I see, it´s pointless to argue with people that never play the game they are performing surgery with.

Not everyone plays the same way or with the same expectations/ideas/focuses like everyone else.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 506
  • Infamy: 1290
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 12, 2012, 03:17:26 am »
I see, it´s pointless to argue with people that never play the game they are performing surgery with.

You do know that cmp uses long spear, right?

Also you're still annoying with that spear, maybe not much as before but that weapon isn't meant for fighting against several opponents at the same time while performing 360 spins 5 times in a second...

Be glad that you can still jump with it, if it was up to me I would remove that ability from long spear users as well.