Poll

Nerf headshot damage by 10%?

Yes.
35 (50%)
No.
35 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Nerf headshot damage by 10% in order to make better head armors more useful  (Read 1936 times)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Headshots are fine; they are rare and even when they hit you don't always get 1 shot.

If I was an archer right now though, I would trade reduction in head damage for increase to body shots in the blink of an eye.  Of course the tears from melee would drown the server if that ever happened.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Third, the problem is that  ranged can do that 1 hit from a DISTANCE while meele has to be close to 1 hit your running chicken ass.

Yes, that is of course true. But being ranged is the advantage of the archers if you compare the classes. Same for cav having a horse.

I'm just saying, if you want a 10% nerf, people will cry for more and most will not be satisfied because the 10% will actually not change too much. The only players you punish with that are people without a loomed bow or arrows - and those are the new players.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
Yes, that is of course true. But being ranged is the advantage of the archers if you compare the classes. Same for cav having a horse.

I'm just saying, if you want a 10% nerf, people will cry for more and most will not be satisfied because the 10% will actually not change too much. The only players you punish with that are people without a loomed bow or arrows - and those are the new players.

Loomed bows are too strong indeed.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
The thing is, if you want to nerf the ranged dmg to the head, you would have to buff dmg to the legs or body again. Otherwise the archer gets nerfed too much and loses important damage. Like now it is often not worth not to aim for the head (note that in most cases I still hit the body - its also quite easy to dodge an arrow to the head).
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
yes

the damage to head we have now would be perfectly fine if the archers couldnt kite endlessly.
Otherwise archery is fine except some tweaks that could be done

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
yes

the damage to head we have now would be perfectly fine if the archers couldnt kite endlessly.
Otherwise archery is fine except some tweaks that could be done

The addition of stamina would solve that though.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
The addition of stamina would solve that though.

No it wouldn't it would just make melee units cry harder when they run out of gas in their heavy armor while a light armored archer frolics away.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
No it wouldn't it would just make melee units cry harder when they run out of gas in their heavy armor while a light armored archer frolics away.

Not if athlectics gave you more stamina, and drawing a bow made you lose some.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
Dunno about you but running around in plate would be a whole lot more exertion than pulling back a bow and running around in cloth.

I don't think people realize the gameplay ramifications if stamina was introduced.  To put it simply, it would slow combat down and make things suck a lot.

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Now that I got a Long Bow I'm not able to run (It reloads so slow that Im longer slow then other Archer  :().
It does alot of damage indeed but it's the most inaccurate bow. Slowest aswell. I'm mostly just camping behind a stone and aim pretty high for the head
(Note, its the only way to damage a tincan enough even with my +3 Bodkins and +3 Long Bow.)
I remeber One day I shoot an Arrow pretty far away hitted somebody then I just rode a 'Haha' in chat and that fat tincan said I did no damage to the head.

And You guys rage on kiting Archers cus they do More damage. (did few tests and they rly do. I got 1hitted by only a +3 Rus Bow +3 Bodkin Arrows, and I had myself +3 Mail Mittens, was a kiting Archer, RobinHood im sure u guys know him  :wink: They should nerf the damage from the short distance Bows deal but Buff Far distance shoots, not realistic tough, but hey what's realistic in this mod? and It could be better for you 2hers cus distance shots are rarer and RobinHood sucks at them  :lol:) Mobile and More damage I need to admit Kiting Archers are OP.

Ohh and If you take out penalties of High PD I'm fine with the Headarmor buff.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Personally, I don't care about heavy armored dudes, I use medium armor, so stamina would be enough for me :D.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
Personally, I don't care about heavy armored dudes, I use medium armor, so stamina would be enough for me :D.

So really this belongs in the "buff my class" discussion forum :P

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
What about the ยง key aka turn your head 360 degrees key? :shock:

I do that all the time in RL... I got eyes all over my head. You dont? You poor soul!
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Come on, we need more support votes xD.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
what a stupid thread make archers more useless threadmaker is a stupid motherfucker and should get thrown in the nearest KZ!

Nearly 70 years has past and this is still on your mind...

Grow up.

Come on, we need more support votes xD.

No it's a perfect indicator of how many people play ranged, renderring our points valid  8-)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:38:17 pm by polkafranzi »

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me