Poll

Nerf headshot damage by 10%?

Yes.
35 (50%)
No.
35 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Nerf headshot damage by 10% in order to make better head armors more useful  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
This is not a troll topic!

As the title says.

At the moment, head armors are useful in meele as you can survive 2-3 hits to the head with a good head armor (50 and above).  That is ok.

On the other hand, if you get shot by a strong archer/crossbowman/thrower in the head you will probably be one shot even if you have a good head armor. That is not ok. There is a lot of rage because of this lately.

This makes head armor completely useless against ranged, even if you heirloom it.

So my suggestion is that nerf headshot damage by 10%, with this,  head armor will be useful against ranged too as people with good head armor will be able to survive 2 headshots from an archer/crossbowman/thrower.

Edit: (LOLFAIL, I made this in the wrong section, supposed to be in game balance xD.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:17:58 am by Momo »
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
I survive headshots all the time with my non-loomed klapviser, even on my cav alt who has a normal bascinet and 14 strength, 4 IF
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
18 str, 6 PD, +1 longbow and normal bodkins and my friend survives 2 headshots (with 2 hp left) with 16 str and 2 IF while wearing a Sallet with Visor. I think that's fair enough.

Edit: typo

Edit 2: so much - for something that is true :lol:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:25:25 pm by Zandieer »

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
It's hard to hit the head and If u hit uw ant it to be a high damage hit. So, 'No' to the poll.

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
it seems archers are interested in this tread cause of the many NO's LOLOLOLOL NERF 100% ARCHERY

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
it seems archers are interested in this tread cause of the many NO's LOLOLOLOL NERF 100% ARCHERY

They want to keep their OP 1 shot though. I want to be able to throw my goedendag into their head and 1 shot them....then they would experience how broken is that shit is.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
I survive headshots all the time with my non-loomed klapviser, even on my cav alt who has a normal bascinet and 14 strength, 4 IF

I wear a Sarranid Veiled Helmet +1, head armor: 48 and get oneshotted very often. With 5 IF!

Just remove the zoom for archers, as it is completely unrealistic.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Well, decreasing the headshot dmg for archers... at the same time, why not nerf the archer's dmg by 50% or increase their penalty? "Oh, you haz 1 weight, ah noes, sadly we gief you great penalty and let you luuuse another 80.000 wpf. HAHA, damn archer!"

you as infantry would probably not notice the 10% unless the archer has lower dmg (e.g. bad bow) or your head armor is quite low. But no, imo a headshot should always mean instant death anyway (you as infantry probably didn't even noticed how the difficulty of playing archer has increased since the last patches).
Head Armor has always been for melee protection anyway. That is why archers and other ranged guys never need any head armor anyway (including the high penalty of head armor for a ranged class).

@ edit of Momo: whats op about that 1hit, a 2h sword swing of an infantry 1hits an archer too as we have the penalty and we're actually forced to wear low tier armor and helmets worth nothing. your posts make no sense
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
@ edit of Momo: whats op about that 1hit, a 2h sword swing of an infantry 1hits an archer too as we have the penalty and we're actually forced to wear low tier armor and helmets worth nothing. your posts make no sense

You shouldn't have to be told that the melee guy has to run up to you to 1 hit you. While you can have 10+ tries at 1 hitting him on the way...More if you run away like most ranged do.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
what a stupid thread make archers more useless threadmaker is a stupid motherfucker and should get thrown in the nearest KZ!

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
I'm no kiting archer though, at least I do not shoot more than twice if I actually run away. Usually I have my mw sword with me and use my 5 IF and 6 PS. On certain maps I only fight with a hammer and stick behind friendly infantry though, that's true.

Sure they have to engage in melee first but usually that is no problem unless the archer really runs away all the time with ath 7+ (I have 6 ath).... in that case you're free to blame the archer.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I wear a Sarranid Veiled Helmet +1, head armor: 48 and get oneshotted very often. With 5 IF!

Just remove the zoom for archers, as it is completely unrealistic.

What about the ยง key aka turn your head 360 degrees key? :shock:

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Well, decreasing the headshot dmg for archers... at the same time, why not nerf the archer's dmg by 50% or increase their penalty? "Oh, you haz 1 weight, ah noes, sadly we gief you great penalty and let you luuuse another 80.000 wpf. HAHA, damn archer!"

you as infantry would probably not notice the 10% unless the archer has lower dmg (e.g. bad bow) or your head armor is quite low. But no, imo a headshot should always mean instant death anyway (you as infantry probably didn't even noticed how the difficulty of playing archer has increased since the last patches).
Head Armor has always been for melee protection anyway. That is why archers and other ranged guys never need any head armor anyway (including the high penalty of head armor for a ranged class).

First, if we are not going to notice that nerf why are you against it? Because we would notice.
Second, head armor was for ranged protection too, it's bullshit to say that they were only for meele.
Third, the problem is that  ranged can do that 1 hit from a DISTANCE while meele has to be close to 1 hit your running chicken ass.
Fourth, you make no sense.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
You shouldn't have to be told that the melee guy has to run up to you to 1 hit you. While you can have 10+ tries at 1 hitting him on the way...More if you run away like most ranged do.
+1!

headshot damage is stupid but apart from that archery seems pretty balanced to me

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1!

headshot damage is stupid but apart from that archery seems pretty balanced to me

I think that too.