Author Topic: Banner System  (Read 9191 times)

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
Re: Banner System
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2012, 04:53:48 pm »
I hope that's how it works.

So if banner A17 auction is won by the CLANX, then the members of CLANX will be autobalanced together. But would people who are not registered into CLANX and who are still using A17 banner would also be still autobalanced together (automatically to opposite team? or not?)?

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2012, 04:56:56 pm »
I think these banners are completely separated from the others, and have nothing to do with them. The numbers are just a number, the number itself means nothing...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2012, 04:59:21 pm »
I think you should have went the other way with the banner balance.  The problem shouldn't have been seen from a faction/clan perspective, but from the one man pubber's perspective.  Factions were already rolling servers with banners, now only the actual members will be rolling the server, making it even more unbalanced.  It actually balanced teams out some when you get some random noobs who throw on the faction banner to counter the "pro's" in the faction. 

I think you should keep your new "pay for banner slot" idea, however I think you should totally change the way balance in public servers works.  You should try to keep people balanced by banner (when possible), however you should balance by class/equipment selected, skills, and either something like current K:D ratio, win:loss ratio, or overall k:d ratio (or even better, damage dealt:damage received ratio either short term or long term).

I think you'd still be able to balance most of the banners together with that algorithm, but I'm tired of teams being stacked in public servers.  I say this as someone who routinely enjoys having the most people on with our banner in the NA1 public battle server.  It seems like Hospitallers always have the most people on, and we're always getting x5's.  I'd rather have even teams (and still play with our faction members,  but only if the teams are balanced first).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2012, 05:13:09 pm »
+2
I agree with Huseby on this...all servers except for Strategus stuff are really pub grounds and should be approached from an overall balance standpoint imho, not focused around clans.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2012, 05:27:07 pm »
Auto-balance works fine, and can generally handle strong clans.  What can give a clan force modifiers are two things autobalance doesn't compute: 1) teamwork and 2) gear. Most clans barely use any teamwork, so that rarely factors. Sometimes plate stacks work for some clans, on NA AoW and Occitan like to try them, it works better on siege than battle.

The other gear stack is horses and certain clans who happen to use a lot of cavalry. Cav is currently overpowered, and is not part of auto-balance calc, and when one banner has 5+ cav together, their team is usually going to have a significant cav advantage. Cav's inherent overpowered attributes are supposed to be balanced by high cost, but on c-rpg this cost barrier is very weak with cav players being able to easily fund cashflow deficits by selling loom points. In strategus its still balanced by cost which is why its so much less common there than on battle servers.

So don't blame banner balance on stacks, look closely at team composition, if a team is getting rolled, 90% of time its gonna be because they have a massive cavalry disadvantage. Tells you something is very wrong with cavalry at the moment.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2012, 05:45:54 pm »
+1

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2012, 05:49:58 pm »
+7
I think you'd still be able to balance most of the banners together with that algorithm, but I'm tired of teams being stacked in public servers.  I say this as someone who routinely enjoys having the most people on with our banner in the NA1 public battle server.  It seems like Hospitallers always have the most people on, and we're always getting x5's.  I'd rather have even teams (and still play with our faction members,  but only if the teams are balanced first).

One possible solution has been suggested by okiN: when there are too many people using the same banner, instead of moving only 1 or 2 players wearing that banner to the opposing team, the system could just split the (too large) group using the same banner into two halves and balance the teams after that.

To me, that seems great. No more getting moved to the 'losing team' as a loner. Instead, if the group using the banner is too big and disturbs the balance on the server, they get divided evenly over both teams... that would fix the whole 'bannerstacking' problem, i think.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2012, 06:40:29 pm »
What Phazey said.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2012, 06:41:28 pm »
Another possible solution to banner issue is to associate banners with Strategus, so that banners are available only if you have certain castle or fief under your control. That way clans would be forced to play Strategus and unsuccessful clans wouldn't exist in cRPG multiplayer.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2012, 07:10:45 pm »
+2
Another possible solution to banner issue is to associate banners with Strategus, so that banners are available only if you have certain castle or fief under your control. That way clans would be forced to play Strategus and unsuccessful clans wouldn't exist in cRPG multiplayer.

So after a month DRZ and Greys are the only ones having banners? Nice idea  :mrgreen:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Garond_PL

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ...
  • Game nicks: Harmeus Mora,Vladislav Jagiello,No_Ketchup
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2012, 08:29:00 pm »
banner slot for 150k - great...

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2012, 08:30:35 pm »
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2012, 08:37:37 pm »
+1
So after a month DRZ and Greys are the only ones having banners? Nice idea  :mrgreen:

No, this problem could be avoided if it ever did rise by limiting players to one account.

No, for cereal, most clans with ANY organisation at all have a fief. One banner is all you should need.
I don't know enough

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2012, 10:17:18 pm »
He is propably 1H shielder  :wink:

I am thrower hybrid, I bring down horses every round. Not about me tho, just check scoreboard, and check which team auto-wins when there's a cav imbalance.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2012, 10:26:43 pm »
banner slot for 150k - great...