Author Topic: Banner System  (Read 9162 times)

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
Re: Banner System
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2012, 05:42:19 pm »
Auctioning for banner is one of the stupidest things they could have done. Why should we pay for banners? That makes no sense what so ever. I can honestly not think of a logical reason to do it. Its a waste of money for even one auction (and even if you can get one with limited slots), but you have to renew it as well? What is that shit? All this is going to do is cause massive banner stacking even more than before and more complaints from clans not having their banners up (including mine  :evil:). Needs to be an immediate change to the old system to just simply add a banner if requested and approved I say, simple as that.

I seriously hope that you do not handle money in a professional capacity...

Do have have a better idea to handle limited supply (149 banner slots) than bidding gold? Banner lottery? chadz manually picking clans he likes? lol

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2012, 06:28:03 pm »
Auctioning for banner is one of the stupidest things they could have done. Why should we pay for banners? That makes no sense what so ever. I can honestly not think of a logical reason to do it. Its a waste of money for even one auction (and even if you can get one with limited slots), but you have to renew it as well? What is that shit? All this is going to do is cause massive banner stacking even more than before and more complaints from clans not having their banners up (including mine  :evil:). Needs to be an immediate change to the old system to just simply add a banner if requested and approved I say, simple as that.

Its to prevent one man clans such as yours from having a banner. If your "clan" cant afford 100k every month then y our not a real clan and shouldnt have a banner. On top of this i still think they should make it so your have to have 8 main characters in a clan to buy a banner slot.

And all you guys complaing about losing to banner stacking, what are u mad about its the exact same way things were before. Its just now shitty players like you cannot banner stack on a good clan like Byz to get wins. Looks like you have to learn to play so that you can win games yourself, or get good and join a decent clan.

And dev why would you not use the crpg lancer to run the game? Doesn't make much sense it makes things easier.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:31:35 pm by Lemmy_Winks »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2012, 06:31:08 pm »
The problem is that when people could switch to the dominate teams banner, is that it helped even out the pub stomping.  If only clan people can rock a certain banner, they will be even MORE dominant in public servers.  So it makes the problem of pub stomping even worse than before...

I totally like and want to be playing with my faction mates...however, it's a public server, and team balance is more important than banner balance.  I still think teams could be balanced with factions almost 100% being on the same team, but it would take some re-working of the balance algorithm. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2012, 06:33:06 pm »
The problem is that when people could switch to the dominate teams banner, is that it helped even out the pub stomping.  If only clan people can rock a certain banner, they will be even MORE dominant in public servers.  So it makes the problem of pub stomping even worse than before...

When shitty players banner stack on good clans the clan still almost always won, its just the shitty players were rewarded by banner stacking and the players who didn't do it were punished. Why punish people who did the right thing and reward those who did the wrong thing. Not ot mention it was common for good players on the other team to banner stack on the winning team making things even worse, which they can no longer do.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2012, 06:34:58 pm »
Why was it wrong to switch to the dominant teams banner?  The fact that a faction can steam roll a server if they have enough players was the problem, not the people switching to that banner...

When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember your original task was to drain the swamp.

It's like saying you have a mosquito problem, and your solution is to swat every mosquito to death.  The mosquitoes are just a symptom, the cause is the fucking pond they breed in.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2012, 06:36:57 pm »
Why was it wrong to switch to the dominant teams banner?

I dont know about how you feel about it, but i had always considered it a very dishonorable  and "cowardly" thing to do, and i had thought others believed the same. Especially in the case when someone in a clan banner stacks to another clan because the team his clan is on is losing. Its like someone defecting to the other faction during a war because they think their faction will lose, like a Benedict Arnold.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2012, 06:38:54 pm »
Not really.  I always kept the same banner no matter how many people were using it...but I can totally understand people wanting the almighty gold and xp switching to the banner that is rolling the server for hours.  If the dev's fixed the underlying problem, then people would never have wanted or needed to switch to another banner.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2012, 07:29:10 pm »
i never understood the whinning bout Bannerstacks
inlack of Teamplay is inlack of Teamplay.
and the buyabel banners r very good for crpg why Clans/Friends should be punished for using Teamplay???
but thats the major attitude in crpg...
whinning bout things r OP they cant deafet...
no wonder that Clans have easy game if they Opponents just cryin instead of thinking how they could win by therself :rolleyes:
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2012, 07:36:03 pm »
i never understood the whinning bout Bannerstacks
inlack of Teamplay is inlack of Teamplay.
and the buyabel banners r very good for crpg why Clans/Friends should be punished for using Teamplay???
but thats the major attitude in crpg...
whinning bout things r OP they cant deafet...
no wonder that Clans have easy game if they Opponents just cryin instead of thinking how they could win by therself :rolleyes:

The problem is not per se about banner stacking, it's that the balancer is unable to strike a good balance when he's forced to put people using the same banner together. I would be completely fine with clan stacking if it did produce fair teams. But it doesn't.

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2012, 07:44:03 pm »
yes thats for real a problem i agree with but many guys mix it up with the Clanstacking....
and still
if u know there r for exampel many GKs( on the server u know whats the Deal and u should see it as challenge too deal with them.
Atleast the teams still balanced in Playernumber and there is always a way too win the round...

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:54:40 pm by SoA_Sir_ODHarry »
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2012, 08:58:57 pm »
I seriously hope that you do not handle money in a professional capacity...

Do have have a better idea to handle limited supply (149 banner slots) than bidding gold? Banner lottery? chadz manually picking clans he likes? lol

Ya infact I do.....Go back to the old way....I'm sure a large majority of those banners are of inactive clans. So not only will we have a bunch of useless slots it will conflict with new clans that might not have the money to afford the auction. So essentially your singling out all of those up and coming people and all of the  big clans get slots. The old system had no complaints what so ever.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2012, 09:04:44 pm »
Its to prevent one man clans such as yours from having a banner. If your "clan" cant afford 100k every month then y our not a real clan and shouldnt have a banner. On top of this i still think they should make it so your have to have 8 main characters in a clan to buy a banner slot.

And all you guys complaing about losing to banner stacking, what are u mad about its the exact same way things were before. Its just now shitty players like you cannot banner stack on a good clan like Byz to get wins. Looks like you have to learn to play so that you can win games yourself, or get good and join a decent clan.

And dev why would you not use the crpg lancer to run the game? Doesn't make much sense it makes things easier.

lol yes....you nailed it right on the dot....Dumbass. Its more than just me in my clan, and I'm not personally complaining about banner stacking. I could always stack with those players that are winning but there's no fun in that and will unbalance teams eve more.  I am trying to make it balanced. fun for everyone, including new players or players with not as much skill (According to you that means me...). But too bad I'm one of those "shitty players" and should probably learn to play. Will you teach me your mad skills?

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2012, 02:48:13 pm »
I am just pissed that as a clan leader that  i now need to ask my clan mates for money on a monthly base.

Give me at least the option to make an adjustable clan tax, so that those who are in my clan will be taxed automaticly with a from me defined sum.
Include a limit of perhaps 100k, below that they don't need to pay at all, so they can keep paying their upkeep.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2012, 08:12:44 pm »
Can non-leader buy banner?

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2012, 08:36:00 pm »
Can non-leader buy banner?
Yes, any clan member can bid on the banner (make sure you are bidding only on one banner, there is a bug currently that makes you clan unusable when you win two or more banner auctions).