Author Topic: Banner System  (Read 9178 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Banner System
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 01:20:59 pm »
Only thing that I'm worried about this is ugly unfitting banners flooding into my game. I sincerely hope there will be moderation, preferably strict, when it comes to auctionable banners. Big no to letters, 3d graphics or over saturated colors in banners.
Agree.
Overdriven (and Niemand) did a good job there... except for that Semenstorm-banner which was complete bullshit!

Aunt Edith...
Just came to my mind... who's making sure that there's is a Clan-Thread in the Faction Hall now?  :cry:

Would suck if there pop up a bunch of clans w/o making a proper entry to the faction hall... which was a must have for Overdriven if I remember correctly. And that was a good thing!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:24:04 pm by benkei »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 01:29:58 pm »
------
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:33:36 pm by Herkkutatti »
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 01:32:31 pm »
Devs have changed something. std_banners_g now no longer works. However, std_banners_f now does, which it never did before. Means I've got to move the g banners to f. Any particular reason for this  :P

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 01:38:14 pm »
You can still select whatever banner you please. You can still try and distribute banner packs if you want. Nothing of that changed.

The only thing that changed is that people on top have an additional way of buying a special banner. This special banner can be customized by the clan in terms of image and background color. This also means no one will be able to pick your banner to float with you on the autobalance wave.

If you don't like the system, simply ignore it. Nothing will change for you, except you see other people with new banners.

Thanks for clearing that up... so I can still use my Wolper banner from alternate pack, ignoring what all the others use. Until now I understood it the way that the new auctioned banners replace the existing slots which would have been sad.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2012, 01:42:44 pm »
new launcher required for properly working clanbannerpack

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2012, 01:52:53 pm »
+2
Devs have changed something. std_banners_g now no longer works. However, std_banners_f now does, which it never did before. Means I've got to move the g banners to f. Any particular reason for this  :P

f and g should be switched (reason: f comes before g :D).
Both should work, though.

Edit: they work but they aren't displayed in the selection screen. I'll fix that.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 01:55:11 pm »
f and g should be switched (reason: f comes before g :D).
Both should work, though.

Only 125 banners ever show on the selection screen (something like that). So g doesn't show at the moment and f has replaced it. No big deal really in the long run  :)

Edit: Ah saw your edit. Thanks  :D

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 01:57:16 pm »
Thanks for clearing that up... so I can still use my Wolper banner from alternate pack, ignoring what all the others use. Until now I understood it the way that the new auctioned banners replace the existing slots which would have been sad.

This, I was like oh hell I need to buy my clan's slot before someone else gets there!!!  :lol:

So as I understand it now, for a clan it have a truly unique banner, it needs to purchase a slot and upload the banner they want, whilst at the same time asking for their banner to be removed from existing bannerpacks?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:56 pm »
Only thing that I'm worried about this is ugly unfitting banners flooding into my game. I sincerely hope there will be moderation, preferably strict, when it comes to auctionable banners. Big no to letters, 3d graphics or over saturated colors in banners.

Stop being a LARP twat.

Also this means Byzan will all fund the purchase so they get their own banner and then hell has come when all byzan are on the same team a.ka uber teamwork.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 02:07:46 pm »
Yeah I've long supported this idea (its been brought up many times over the past year) partly because people often switched to GK banner.

Why would anyone CHOOSE to lose a round...derp...your imagination is powerful, young one.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 02:52:20 pm »
Nothing will change for you, except you see other people with new banners.

Yah, and this is exactly what i don't like about it. There is a reason i don't use any bannerpacks right now; i feel they are very ugly... custom banners often use bright, unnatural colors.

I like the original banners.

I fear that we'll soon have all sorts of gaudy pink, purple, neon green or neon orange banners and such... that i won't be able to disable.

With the old banner packs, at least you had the option of not using them.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:35 pm »
Yah, and this is exactly what i don't like about it. There is a reason i don't use any bannerpacks right now; i feel they are very ugly... custom banners often use bright, unnatural colors.

I like the original banners.

I fear that we'll soon have all sorts of gaudy pink, purple, neon green or neon orange banners and such... that i won't be able to disable.

With the old banner packs, at least you had the option of not using them.

Copy paste native banners over existing ones and you're done?

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2012, 03:00:31 pm »
Alright, nice to have the option. Thanks Vibe.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2012, 03:18:02 pm »
I'm not sure I understand. Or I'm not sure you understand.

This system is simply on top. It can't be in any way be worse because nothing is changed.

You can still select whatever banner you please. You can still try and distribute banner packs if you want. Nothing of that changed.

The only thing that changed is that people on top have an additional way of buying a special banner. This special banner can be customized by the clan in terms of image and background color. This also means no one will be able to pick your banner to float with you on the autobalance wave.

If you don't like the system, simply ignore it. Nothing will change for you, except you see other people with new banners.

But what if we have a clan with custom banner steamrolling the server for hours, making everyone who is in the enemy team being stuck on x1? Now you can't switch to their team by changing your banner any more, which was not always an act of sheer opportunism, but simply to save the miserable rest of your gaming evening.

I think that banner balance should only work in "stacks" of 3-5 (depends on server population, I would say) people. So one team only gets 5 slots to stack for same banner when the other team has, too. If both teams have 5 people with same banners, another 5 slots for banner balancing are opened, and so on.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2012, 04:43:00 pm »
Hmm, interesting....

Since its different slots....even if a clan has an exclusive banner, people could still use that banner from the banner packs and it would LOOK the same if they were the same image file, but because it was a different SLOT, the banner balance wouldn't balance them with the people using the exclusive one.

Could end up with people on each team using the same LOOKING banner (just different slots)
Weird.

Anyone else thought of that or am I missing something?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:46:22 pm by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE