Author Topic: Banner System  (Read 9200 times)

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Banner System
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 12:35:37 pm »
A semi important question:

For the old banner system, the background color mattered as far as aesthetics went as far as I know. Is that true for this banner system?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 12:36:57 pm »
Tbh banner crutching/leeching was fucking rampant in the last month(s), everyone on Byzantium banner. This change was much needed.

Yeah I've long supported this idea (its been brought up many times over the past year) partly because people often switched to GK banner. This is more to collate all information about it as those quotes were spread out everywhere and also to just ask questions.

A semi important question:

For the old banner system, the background color mattered as far as aesthetics went as far as I know. Is that true for this banner system?

Got that in the first post. Will highlight it as it is important.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 12:38:25 pm »
+2
I'd like to see a fee for being in a clan (10 gold per tick) and then the 147 biggest clans get a banner slot automatically. 

Notes on determining clan size to prevent abuse
- A char must have been used in the last month to count towards their clan's size
- people with multiple chars in the same clan should only count once to their clan's size but all their chars should pay the fee.

This way any clan with a significant number of active people will automatically get a banner slot

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 12:39:10 pm »
+1
Why did they even change the system?
It was perfect as it was before.

It wasn't.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2299
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 12:39:33 pm »
Tbh banner crutching/leeching was fucking rampant in the last month(s), everyone on Byzantium banner. This change was much needed.

Yes it was. This comes from a someone who leeched on their banner quite a lot.

However I expected change in different direction. Like removing banner balance and thus forcing Byzantium and other strong clans to concentrate on Strategus, instead of owning poor souls on pub servers.

This change will bring a lot more leeching when Byzantium is on or people simly avoiding EU1 and playing on smaller servers.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 12:42:50 pm »
+2
I'm not sure I understand. Or I'm not sure you understand.

This system is simply on top. It can't be in any way be worse because nothing is changed.

You can still select whatever banner you please. You can still try and distribute banner packs if you want. Nothing of that changed.

The only thing that changed is that people on top have an additional way of buying a special banner. This special banner can be customized by the clan in terms of image and background color. This also means no one will be able to pick your banner to float with you on the autobalance wave.

If you don't like the system, simply ignore it. Nothing will change for you, except you see other people with new banners.

I hope there is a restriction for new clans/oneman factions so they don't get a banner slot automaticly.

If you got the gold, you can buy all 147 banners as an individual and store them for all I care. The market will solve that problem. If a single person values a banner higher than 30 guys combined, the single person gets it.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 12:44:52 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Hmmm
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:51:15 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 12:49:11 pm »

This system is simply on top. It can't be in any way be worse because nothing is changed.

You can still select whatever banner you please. You can still try and distribute banner packs if you want. Nothing of that changed.

The only thing that changed is that people on top have an additional way of buying a special banner. This special banner can be customized by the clan in terms of image and background color. This also means no one will be able to pick your banner to float with you on the autobalance wave.

If you don't like the system, simply ignore it. Nothing will change for you, except you see other people with new banners.

If you got the gold, you can buy all 147 banners as an individual and store them for all I care. The market will solve that problem. If a single person values a banner higher than 30 guys combined, the single person gets it.
Thanks for the clarification, I was afraid ppl just would steal the places from the big clans.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 12:51:06 pm »

Well it's clear something has changed as using the banner pack doesn't change the banners in game. I guess the files have now changed. Will check it out.

Edit:
Or maybe it does. Something weird happened for a moment.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:54:30 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 12:53:49 pm »
Maybe those 147 slots are reserved/protected now with the new system so you can't change them the way you used to do?

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 12:54:38 pm »
+1

so anyone who isnt in f.e. my clan can buy the slot currently occupied with our banner and change it to sth else and can do that if he has the gold for several slots by that then denying those clans there "traditional" slot?

also why this sepperate system and not just using the strategus base? There people would have been already in the clans, with names, tags, colours and also ranks.

Do i get this correct, that this new system is mainly for crpg, to avoid banner leeching or are there other reasons too?

Will at any point this system be merged with the strategus clan system?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 12:55:22 pm »
Maybe those 147 slots are reserved/protected now with the new system so you can't change them the way you used to do?

Something screwed up with the copying the first time so looks like it does replace them after all. Basic banners are the same files.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 12:59:18 pm »
Ok so checked it all out and banner pack works fine.

Thanks for clearing that up chadz.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 01:07:16 pm »
-
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:33:47 pm by Herkkutatti »
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 01:09:41 pm »
Only thing that I'm worried about this is ugly unfitting banners flooding into my game. I sincerely hope there will be moderation, preferably strict, when it comes to auctionable banners. Big no to letters, 3d graphics or over saturated colors in banners.