Author Topic: Nerf archers.  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
Re: Nerf archers.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 04:52:36 pm »
+1
Say what you like but archers make the game less fun for everyone without a shield (and even some of those with them). Thats a pretty large percentage of the playerbase.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 05:06:24 pm »
+2
No, you make the game less fun with your constant complaining. Whenever I play a melee char without a shield I am amazed how low the ranged pressure is. Archers are so much less of a thread then before or in Native. I just don't get it how people can still complain.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 05:11:19 pm »
Because they are either noobs or they only care about themselfs. It only makes it hard for those few with legitimate complaints to stand out.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 06:06:57 pm »
Because they are either noobs or they only care about themselfs. It only makes it hard for those few with legitimate complaints to stand out.

And Peasant_Woman is that lone voice of reason amongst the rabble.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 07:02:09 pm »
+1
Lol Look at Peter who is minusing all post wich defend Archery :D

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 07:09:13 pm »
+4
I've noticed a huge increase in ranged in general since the patch. Round ending with like 15 ranged still running around.Not lobbying for a nerf because ranged isnt as easy or "no skill" as people are saying, but just the sheer amount of them atm is becoming unmanageable
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 07:17:34 pm »
today every melee player also use throw weapons or xbow. it is just because they can, but i cant call guy with 4-5pt or 1-100 xbow wpf a ranged person.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 07:20:22 pm »
today every melee player also use throw weapons or xbow. it is just because they can, but i cant call guy with 4-5pt or 1-100 xbow wpf a ranged person.

It's to counter ranged. You're helpless against ranged without it so people grab xbow/throwing to do some damage back. If the amount of archers increases the amount of throwing and xbows does too.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 07:36:32 pm »

all xbows and throwing is more to "harass" then to do real damage. throwing darts and throwing stars are used to interrupt ana rcher firing and stop them running away, they are in no way a real danger.

i see normal xbows used as a way to deal decent damage to those two hand zergs just spamming their massive damaging sword while backpeddaling. and i understand that they dont want to get close  :mrgreen:

I encourage all two handers who have extra skill points and slots to invest their last skillspoints and wpf in throwing. get 2 pt and use throwing stars

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 07:58:42 pm »
It's to counter ranged. You're helpless against ranged without it so people grab xbow/throwing to do some damage back. If the amount of archers increases the amount of throwing and xbows does too.
Even cav like me have invested our 7PT and 140 wpf in throwing so we can counter archers, or was it counter lancers? Shiiieeet *makes lancer alt to counter my old friendchers*
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 08:01:27 pm »
No, you make the game less fun with your constant complaining. Whenever I play a melee char without a shield I am amazed how low the ranged pressure is. Archers are so much less of a thread then before or in Native. I just don't get it how people can still complain.

There's atleast 3 active NERF ARCHURS thread besides this going on today :oops:

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 10:14:55 am »
I got MW javelins , also archer hardly presure me but it's just that I see huge amount's of them lately.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 01:53:55 pm »
There's atleast 3 active NERF ARCHURS thread besides this going on today :oops:

That should give you an indication about how well informed most of the "anti-ranged lobby" is.  If someone can't even use the search function,what makes you think they can adequately balance cRPG?

Yes I just likened this issue to politics; sue me :D
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 02:25:51 pm »
Say what you like but archers make the game less fun for everyone without a shield (and even some of those with them). Thats a pretty large percentage of the playerbase.

Actually they make it more fun for a large percentage of the playerbase, else every open map would end up with lancers destroying everyone.

And then when/if cavalry got nerfed after removing archers, then it would be the exclusive playground of 2h/polearmers duking it out.

Since Melee server exists right now, well.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:29:46 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 02:32:25 pm »
Say what you like but archers ninjas make the less fun for everyone without a shield who don't get a boner from gay men in black leather (and even some of those too). Thats a pretty large percentage of the playerbase.

If devs read this, please consider changing ninjas as suggested in my balance thread, note changing, not nerfing.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.