13 (20%)
Nay
5 (7.7%)
Nuffen sucks
19 (29.2%)
Hay
7 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Good ole times.  (Read 3634 times)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: Good ole times.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 08:49:25 pm »
+3
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 09:44:42 pm »
And all you others don't pretend you got change of heart now lol.

Indeed, my heart is still the same, have always supported Nuffen. Mostly unpopular due to being so active.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 10:18:16 pm »
+5
He banned me fore 7 days for tking a clan mate, who i was fist fighting after the round ended, he was unpopular because he was a prick.
Turtles

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 10:22:29 pm »
He banned me fore 7 days for tking a clan mate, who i was fist fighting after the round ended, he was unpopular because he was a prick.

Yeah lol, i remembered that. Was late at night i believe and not so many players on. Was like....DID CASIMIIIR JUST GET BANNED? CASIMIR!? Also think Bjord got banned at the same time or some days earlier? Minds a bit cloudy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 10:26:58 pm »
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 10:32:11 pm »
+3
Nuffen losing his admin rights isn't even old, you newmy old friend.

Btw what proves the point of people wanting him out is that he RQed from the mod after this. That's weird from someone "not abusing".

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 10:39:21 pm »
Nuffen losing his admin rights isn't even old, you newmy old friend.

Btw what proves the point of people wanting him out is that he RQed from the mod after this. That's weird from someone "not abusing".

It's old for the newmy old friends u old-newmy old friend!

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 11:40:46 pm »
+3
Yeah lol, i remembered that. Was late at night i believe and not so many players on. Was like....DID CASIMIIIR JUST GET BANNED? CASIMIR!? Also think Bjord got banned at the same time or some days earlier? Minds a bit cloudy.

Yeah, both me and Casimit raged at nuffen at that time. I was banned for 3 days for almost hitting a teammate at the end of a round.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 12:02:55 am »

Not really. I'd quit from the mod after the kind of abuse that Nuffen got from some of the pricks that play this mod. My view constantly shifted between supporting/not supporting Nuffen. But ultimately I think it was the result of a childish witch hunt by people who had a sore spot. It's only natural that the most active admin also receives the most hate as it's a job that often has hate and rage tagged along with it for a number of people. Even for admins who adhere to the rules and don't abuse their power.

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 03:19:55 am »
+1
Most of the time Nuffen was a great admin. Unpopular because he actually tried to stop people being total asshats.
There were only one or two times where he acted rashly/didn't have the full picture. Seemingly overnight the entire community descended upon his asshole and demanded blood. I can see why he left.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 04:14:19 am »
+3
I was playing on EU siege once and someone was griefing it by keeping their horse in front of a gate to block attackers from entering a doorway.  After multiple complaints of this behaviour someone teamkilled the horse so his team could move through.  Nuffen immediately banned the person who killed the horse for 900 days. 

pro
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 04:29:10 am »
+2
Not really. I'd quit from the mod after the kind of abuse that Nuffen got from some of the pricks that play this mod. My view constantly shifted between supporting/not supporting Nuffen. But ultimately I think it was the result of a childish witch hunt by people who had a sore spot. It's only natural that the most active admin also receives the most hate as it's a job that often has hate and rage tagged along with it for a number of people. Even for admins who adhere to the rules and don't abuse their power.

This is true but nonetheless the anti-nuffen side got impressive support from a large number of known (and respectable) players depicting usually quite onesided stories that happened to them or they witnessed, it wasn't only the typical troll clan ganging up on him and 100% making shit up.

Anyway what the hell I don't want to reopen this debate.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 04:51:01 am »
+4
There were plenty of occasions in which nuffen acted rashly. Although he did indeed actively admin the servers, his own personal feelings towards people and inability to enforce the rules with any actual sense meant that he brewed unpopularity.  i believe his demise was of his own creation.  Apologies and an acceptance that his behaviour was at times rash would have gone a long way to preventing such hatred, instead trolling and the use of in game admin chat to subtest threaten people seemed his favourite forms of response.
Turtles

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 04:57:05 am »
My problem was that a lot of community members continued to harass him even when he was silent on the forums and in game, in the weeks before he left. That was grossly unfair.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 04:59:54 am »
+1
My problem was that a lot of community members continued to harass him even when he was silent on the forums and in game, in the weeks before he left. That was grossly unfair.

although predictable