Author Topic: Siege gear: is it coming back?  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Siege gear: is it coming back?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 06:27:38 pm »
There is a thread here in the forums on ladder feedback if you want to participate.  There is even a poll on it and only 8% of all the voters agree that ladders were awesome.
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,31306.50.html
Look at that poll.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 06:29:41 pm »
Read what he says.  Forward bases were being exploited *Thank KUTT for that one (I added the thank KUTT part)* and the Easiest way to fix it was removing the weapon rack.  Engineers have finally been fixed.
Retard, the easiest way to fix it was removing the forward base... which was also done, yet to see any real reason for the weapon rack removal, and certainly not those of a smug Pony loving shithead sucking his own dick, besides the one issue with teamswitching (a big one though) forward bases were fine anyways.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 08:29:08 pm »
In response to "Thank KUTT for that one", I would like to say that it was not being intentionally abused by our guys. We just got back in to siege recently and have been playing it a lot recently, and one of our newer members suggested we start trying siege equipment out, which was something that we had never tried before, and something that I didn't even know was in the game mechanics.

We started setting up forward bases after we would knock down gates or doors or something, so that our team would spawn closer to the progress that we would make. At the start of the next round, we realized that it was spawning us forward, BEYOND the gate which hadn't been knocked down yet. It was not intentional abuse, it was just unfortunately a game mechanic that needs to be fixed.

Forward spawns and other features that are a part of siege equipment would be fine if they could be removed at the end of every round.

I appologize if it seemed to anyone that we were intentionally breaking siege or trying to abuse anything, it really wasn't our intention. We were just laughing and having a good time, and we thought it was amazingly hilarious and stupid that the spawns weren't being removed. Our bad if we made anyone angry or upset over it.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 08:32:48 pm »
+3
as a non-engineer, I am VERY against the removal of siege ladders and siege gear.

Yes, some maps need to be balanced or, heck, like FtT suggested, maybe make a new "strategus-lite" mode if people make enough maps for it.

But removing it removes a beloved aspect of the game.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 08:39:13 pm »
Retard, the easiest way to fix it was removing the forward base... which was also done, yet to see any real reason for the weapon rack removal, and certainly not those of a smug Pony loving shithead sucking his own dick, besides the one issue with teamswitching (a big one though) forward bases were fine anyways.

You are so angry for one so pretty and young.  At any rate, I don't think it is nice to call an admin a retard.  Bad form, Bad form.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 08:42:39 pm »
+1
You are so angry for one so pretty and young.  At any rate, I don't think it is nice to call an admin a retard.  Bad form, Bad form.

what's your purpose in this thread except to shit it up?

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 09:26:34 pm »
Last I checked you wasn't no admin, just some power tripping fucking pony loving shithead.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 09:30:36 pm »
It will come back when a dev feels like adjusting it for regular sieges/battles. The problem is none of the current devs seems interested in doing that.

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 10:29:02 pm »
+1
Why were the weapons racks removed?  The only answer I've ever gotten was "abuse".  Huh?  What abuse?  It's against the rules to drop c-sites everywhere.  No one was abusing them.  Forward spawns had problems and it was understandable that they were removed.  Weapons racks had nothing wrong with them...
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 11:28:38 pm »
Siege gear is good for c-RPG. Seige gear IMPROVES the amount of fun for 99% of players. A game isn't about being totally and completley equal and ballanced 100% of the time. A game is supposed to be about being the most fun for the greatest number of players, and that is siege equipment.
Yes for siege equipment.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 11:34:23 pm »
+1
Is it removed from duel as well? People can no longer practice with stuff... so our skillz are in demand nao! In theory... :P
Professional poop cleaner

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 11:35:41 pm »
Is it removed from duel as well? People can no longer practice with stuff... so our skillz are in demand nao! In theory... :P
Only weapon racks 'n' forward bases don't work.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 11:38:25 pm »
+1
Well if weapon racks don't work you can't build anything else... without having to die each time like old times
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 11:39:54 pm »
Last I checked you wasn't no admin, just some power tripping fucking pony loving shithead.

lol @ pony loving comment.  My response to you was a quote from admin and you referenced that as retarded.  None of that was my words except the part where I added my little KUTT comment. 

*EDIT*  Actually you said, "Retard *spam spam spam spam*" which wasn't saying what was said to be retarded; instead, the person saying it to be retarded.  Again, I was only quoting what an admin said in response to your selective memory.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:42:46 pm by Rainbow »

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 11:44:06 pm »
We need a "Strategus" game mode for normal day-to-day play, that plays somewhat like a regular Strat battle would (1 hour timer, limited tickets, but maybe bring-your-own-gear).

Siege gear in battle and siege (despite the name) is stupid mainly because there's not enough time on the clock.  Ladders in siege breaks most of the maps but isn't, I think, quite the same problem in Strategus (where defenders don't need quite that big of an advantage anyway).

The problem right now is that people enter Strategus battles and have no idea how to properly place ladders or siege equipment because they aren't getting practice at it in daily game play.

So we need a new game mode.  One where it makes sense to allow siege gear.
Yes, this game mode would be amazing! i would love to join a randomly generated strat style siege of a castle, i remember suggesting this somewhere, but i cant seem to find the thread anymore >.<

Also, ladders in siege were never OP or broken imo, thats one of the reasons i started playing cRPG tbh, as well as most of TKoV, i could understand in battle, but in siege they just made the game very interesting
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies