Author Topic: Day Z mod for ARMA II  (Read 153065 times)

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
Re: Day Z mod for ARMA II
« Reply #615 on: June 02, 2012, 02:10:38 am »
I tried the crossbow...

Shot twice at a standing zombie 10 meters away, missed twice. Said fuck and took the 1866.

Crossbow is fine, aim center mass and you should be able to hit using iron sights up to about 30 meters no problem. After that? Good bloody luck.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #616 on: June 02, 2012, 03:34:24 am »
I found ghillie suit at Cherno firestation :O

I've found them in the cherno supermarket/apartments. I've also found it in the barn near windy mountain before.

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #617 on: June 02, 2012, 05:05:59 am »
I've found them in the cherno supermarket/apartments. I've also found it in the barn near windy mountain before.

They seem to spawn anywhere with a 0.5% chance I think it was. At least it's not as rare as NVGS or GPS.

Edit: Might want to include a period after I finish...

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #618 on: June 02, 2012, 08:17:26 am »
the rarest useful thing for me are matches, never found any except once in a dead guy's bag.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 02, 2012, 12:27:13 pm »
There is something that might be a bug with the crossbow, the crosshair(if you play on enabled server) and iron sights don't go to the same point, the crosshair is about 2cm higher(on my 17inch screen), you will shoot where your crosshair is aiming, not where your iron sights are aiming. really annoying, but it's fine once you get used to it a bit.

Offline Herra Hakkarainen

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 02, 2012, 12:33:34 pm »
I tried the crossbow...

Shot twice at a standing zombie 10 meters away, missed twice. Said fuck and took the 1866.
Happened to me too, though I shot 3 times. The bolts just went trough the zombie and did no damage...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 02, 2012, 01:29:18 pm »
Note to self : never EVER use the enfield again.

I had to because I accidentally lost my 1866 by scrolling too far (it literally vanished with all it's ammo when I took a crossbow from the ground). As I hate the crossbow I took the enfield. Everything was fine as long as I played as usual, only firing weapons when inside buildings. But the first bullet of that thing I fired outside (to clear an annoying zombie that was blocking an entrance) resulted in me being swarmed by at least 30 zeds -_- I was lucky I had 11k blood left before, now I have 1700. So I think I will connect once or twice per day to eat and drink and that's all. And find a proper primary when I have more than 3k again.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #622 on: June 02, 2012, 02:35:05 pm »
Is the G17 the best pistol in the game? I mean its very quiet, has a magazine of 17 bullets and also has a flashlight
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Jaundice

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Kebab_and_Chips
« Reply #623 on: June 02, 2012, 06:00:27 pm »
In my opinion the PDW is the best in the pistol range, although a M9 SD with enough ammo is worth its weight in gold. The PDW can use pretty much all 9 mm clips (probably not the Bizons', but since that's not implemented in game yet it's not an issue), including silenced clips, this gives it a lot of versatility especially since ammo is always needed.

I'd just found a M24 to go with the M4 SD, but the tents have bugged out, so now I have to cross my fingers and hope the tents spawn on the server after its been reset...

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 02, 2012, 07:41:58 pm »
Tried the PDW. I do like it. I know Lorenzo likes it.

Had an intense afternoon. Spent all morning/afternoon around deer towers ect and came out with some great weapons. A decent shotgun, decent military grade sniper, PDW, M9 as well as lots of supplies. Set up camp on the middle factory tower in Cherno...didn't see any activity in Cherno for a good hour bar one guy and then Lorenzo fired a shot of the sniper by accident. Ended up with a good 10-15 zombies at the base of the tower. I went down to clear it out and didn't realise there were that many (sounded like 1-2). Dropped off the ladder without seeing them because free look was disabled and immediately got killed and slaughtered after taking a few of them down. Lorenzo then cleared them out and got the best of my equipment. I came back only to get killed in the apartments by a really laggy basic survivor (only had makarov) and I didn't even have anything good bar winchester. Lorenzo was going to avenge me and then got caught by the same guy and shot with the winchester upon which he also shot the guy and they both died at the same time. By this point I was back in the area and had to insta loot Lorenzo's body asap and get all the stuff back. Then just as I was leaving Cherno I ran into another survivor who fired 2-3 time in my direction before I one shot him in the head with the PDW. I cleared a few zombies and ran again straight into the fields where yet another survivor opened fire on me and just missed (heard whizzing bullets) and then I think he got attacked by zombies and I made it clear.

We managed to keep the majority of our good equipment bar the sniper and alice pack (which glitched out when I tried to get it off Lorenzo's body) and made it out of Cherno. Pretty intense but jesus am I getting fed up of survivors with basic equipment trying to kill other survivors with basic equipment. It makes no bloody sense. Lorenzo also got killed near his spawn after he died by a guy with basic stuff and Lorenzo had basic stuff. The server was full of Russians...I blame them  :P Annoying thing is they didn't even have the grace to reply when we asked who killed us.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #625 on: June 02, 2012, 08:19:46 pm »
Well, Even with basic survivor equipment you still need water and food.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 02, 2012, 11:22:39 pm »
Not horrible but not good either. As long as you see your target before using ironsights, you're fine.
True but I dont see any situation in which it could surpass a simple AK

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 03, 2012, 01:17:35 am »
Everything was going perfect, untill I got blitzkrieged by a zombie while at 10k blood, survived with 1k left.

Need a blood transfusion(I don't have the blood bag)/somebody with matches(I got 3 raw meat, would be enough to get me on my way) around the NW airfield. If anybody wants to help me, my gear is open for you to take, pick something and it's all yours, if you want it.

(click to show/hide)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sidje/ add me if you want to help, to make organizing easier.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 03, 2012, 02:38:58 am »
The server I'm playing on, a Veteran settings one, I believe it's US23, has all chat but direct disabled, and this is apparently going to be the norm for dayZ. Fuck yeah.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 03, 2012, 03:23:48 am »
The server I'm playing on, a Veteran settings one, I believe it's US23, has all chat but direct disabled, and this is apparently going to be the norm for dayZ. Fuck yeah.

The one thing I would love to see go is the constant spam of connect/disconnect messages that clutters up a quarter of the screen  :|