Author Topic: Day Z mod for ARMA II  (Read 153141 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Day Z mod for ARMA II
« Reply #300 on: May 23, 2012, 01:41:09 am »
Holy shit night raid. Started off north of Balota airstrip by that little hamlet. We headed due east following the ridge to the power station. From the power station we followed the power lines down into Cherno where we stopped at the water pump and refilled. We then went prone and crawled our way to the hospital, used smoke grenades to distract zombies along the way and picked up much needed medical supplies. It was then we realised the apartment opposite had a chem light on the roof. So we crawled our way over only to find a shit ton of supplies, food ammo and a lee enfield. From there we snuck out into the wilderness, by now it was pretty hard to see each other. We made our way around to the supermarket on the western side and crawled our way into it, almost running into a ton of zombies. When we got inside we heard the flies. Tons of dead survivors and a dead bandit. Someone had been stacking starting survivor packs so we found a hefty amount of ammo, a silenced pistol, a watch and some other goodies. Whilst running out we ran into a ton of zombies, killed a bunch of them, took some damage and pegged it. Then we bandaged ourselves, gave Lorenzo a blood transfusion and made our way back into the forest.

Was pretty bloody tense at times. Particularly when we saw all the bodies in the market. Love this game.

Offline Jaundice

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Kebab_and_Chips
« Reply #301 on: May 23, 2012, 02:25:22 am »
About a week in now, not found any nvg yet :( but currently have a M24, a PDW and M136 (rocket launcher), I think Cherny could do with redecorating...  :mrgreen:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 23, 2012, 03:33:33 am »
PDW is so bad, I immediately switched to a revolver when I found one.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 23, 2012, 09:13:44 am »
pdw is nice if you spend a lot of time around the airfield or military camps because it'll take all 9mm magazines
FREE ALLERS

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2012, 10:17:21 am »
I started just outside Elektro and after looting the outlying buildings found a revolver and a little ammo along with a watch and a compass. Wasted no time in heading North North West looting some little hamlets I came accross randomly. Several times I saw a group of bandits rush past but they didn't spot me prone is a bush.

I kept running, must have been going for a good 30mins and came to a much larger town with an actual signpost 'H0B1n C0bop' found a winchester and a dirty amount of slugs for it. The entire time I was traveling side chat was full of people warning about going too near Stary Sobor as it was apparently full of bandits. Later I checked a map and found I was just down the road in Novy Sobor... Next login should be interesting. I may scout out the bandits and try to catch one with his pants down or something.
 Loving this mod :)
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2012, 10:46:11 am »
Ugh, now they have removed the winchester as a silentish weapon, I really can't shoot any zombies anymore. The Makarov still attracts a shitload of zombies, plus they seem to spot you quicker anyway now. Maybe its time to back to cRPG, sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't like this mod better without the zombies. Just scavenging for equipment in a 225 km2 map with 50 other players doing the same.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 23, 2012, 10:53:12 am »
Ugh, now they have removed the winchester as a silentish weapon, I really can't shoot any zombies anymore. The Makarov still attracts a shitload of zombies, plus they seem to spot you quicker anyway now. Maybe its time to back to cRPG, sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't like this mod better without the zombies. Just scavenging for equipment in a 225 km2 map with 50 other players doing the same.

This is why you put aside your main weapon and use the handgun to clear the zombos. If you run out of handgun ammo, pull out the big gun again and hunt some newbies with it for the makarov ammo (and beans!). Works for me :)

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #307 on: May 23, 2012, 10:56:11 am »
My first experience was to spawn surrounded by zombies. I tried to sneak past but one spotted me so I had to shoot him with my Makarov and before I knew it, a hoard of about 15 zombies had surrounded me and proceeded to beat the crap out of me until I died...

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 23, 2012, 11:01:12 am »
This is why you put aside your main weapon and use the handgun to clear the zombos. If you run out of handgun ammo, pull out the big gun again and hunt some newbies with it for the makarov ammo (and beans!). Works for me :)
The Makarov still attracts anyone in a 30-40 meter radius.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2012, 11:49:23 am »
The Makarov still attracts anyone in a 30-40 meter radius.

Crouch, walk up to a zombie, shoot him in the head, done.No 30-40 m radius.More like 10m.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2012, 11:51:25 am »
Doubt it's 30m and even with that there's no real problem if you just kite shoot them, or run inside and headshot them while they're walking. Honestly never had a problem with zombos, even now that they're everywhere.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 23, 2012, 12:34:43 pm »
Winchester was far too good for how common it was. And there are other weapons besides it, you know, Teeth. Zombies really aren't that challenging like Vibe says as well... most of the times you shouldn't even be shooting at zombies. If you do, though, it's just about getting enough ammo and then running inside a building to shoot any that follow.

Third day alive for me. Got 30 bullets for my M107 now, thanks to Tor magically spawning them everywhere he goes. I checked the military camp in Stary Sobor three times for any mags but found none, had to kill one bandit with just my pistol since my sniper had 0 bullets for a day or so.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:22:11 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #312 on: May 23, 2012, 01:27:02 pm »
Having loads of fun with this. Day time is adventure time when like 10+ of us go of to explore corners of the map and loots and night time is killing time , where we take over a town (usually cherno) and kill everything that comes into sight.
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 23, 2012, 04:02:42 pm »
Day 8. 1333 zeds dispatched, 646 headshots, 1 murder, 1 bandit murder, humanity last seen at 8900. Some team-play with a few of the guys, mostly solo-going. Best life so far by a pretty long margin (last time I made it to around 600 zed kills, day 4 or so). Death has come near me and brushed up against me on more than one occasion.

A random black fellow jumps out from behind a tree with a Makarov and sprays me down, luckily I was traveling with Beeper at the time or I probably would have died there.

Answer distress call two days ago. Get grenade thrown at me (IT MISSES ENTIRELY I GUESS), get shot at by what sounds like an Mp5SD- don't get hit once, manage to get to cover and crawl away with my Winchester.

Get shot with a Makarov while leaving Cherno on a medicine gathering run. Lol. Manage to bandage up behind a wall and continue on.

Mostly a very live and let live guy, though the one murder I have was on some poor dude who was just trying to kill zeds with his Makarov in Msta.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:05:50 pm by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 23, 2012, 04:04:36 pm »
Day 8. 1333 zeds dispatched, 646 headshots, 1 murder, 1 bandit murder, humanity last seen at 8900. Some team-play with a few of the guys, mostly solo-going. Best life so far by a pretty long margin (last time I made it to around 600 zed kills, day 4 or so).

PvE n00b