Author Topic: Day Z mod for ARMA II  (Read 153086 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Day Z mod for ARMA II
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2012, 01:54:17 pm »
Arma2: CO just hit the top on Steam sales  :wink:

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2012, 02:55:45 pm »
I'll be buying ARMA 2 tomorrow for this shit.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2012, 03:00:03 pm »
+3
Arma2: CO just hit the top on Steam sales  :wink:

Yeah, and right now, in a dark, dank office complex, a fat greedy business man is studying this really close. With the success of Minecraft fresh in his mind and seeing a mod lift the actual game to the top, ideas/demands will be lifted up on the agenda for the next meeting.

Hopefully we'll see more Persistent World type of games soon, perhaps even some with proper budgets from the larger publishers.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2012, 03:50:57 pm »
Yeah, and right now, in a dark, dank office complex, a fat greedy business man is studying this really close. With the success of Minecraft fresh in his mind and seeing a mod lift the actual game to the top, ideas/demands will be lifted up on the agenda for the next meeting.

Hopefully we'll see more Persistent World type of games soon, perhaps even some with proper budgets from the larger publishers.

I'd hope that they would credit modding to the success of the game, and games start supporting modding of the games as well as more persistent world games.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2012, 09:29:07 pm »
Shit...I need to buy Diablo III First from next motnths money, but the month after that Im definately getting CO.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2012, 10:33:14 pm »
Why would you buy Diablo III?

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2012, 11:00:41 pm »
Because its a rather nice game and you can make moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyz with it :D
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2012, 03:12:30 am »
+1
Robbaz made a video of this mod. Hopefully you know who he is  :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c638kVO-XPk&feature=g-user-u

Hello

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2012, 04:24:58 am »
+1
my nipples got hard just hearing that he made a DayZ vid.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2012, 04:40:22 am »
Diamonds.
Hello

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2012, 07:44:02 am »
+3
Good news!

Arma 2 company (BIS) recognized mod officialy and will be doing related work (probably bug fixing) on Arma2, featured in the next patch.

To read it all for yourself, Luke Plunkett from kotaku.com sat down with Marek Španěl to chat about the current events with Arma 2 and a community project.
"There's no doubt that the thrilling Day Z mod currently drives Arma 2 Combined Operations sales on Steam", he says with a touch of understatement. "Sales have increased almost fivefold from how they were before Day Z's Alpha release!"

"Bohemia Interactive has always tried to help community mod makers in many different ways and Day Z mod is no different", he says. "We're more than happy to assist DayZ in any suitable way and considering the mod's popularity we are committed to do some related work in the next Arma 2 update (1.61)."

"We are actively communicating about how we could best support the Arma 2 user community especially in multiplayer and Day Z players are right now a significant portion of people actively playing the game, so of course it's high on our priority list to support it the best we can. It's important to understand that DayZ was released just a few weeks ago as a tech demo/proof of concept and it's still at Alpha status so until we know where the project intends to go it's hard to commit to anything specifically."

And the future? "I personally find the combination of realistic Arma style gameplay and settings with survival zombie apocalypse so addictive that I believe it can stand as a gaming experience on its own."

"There are many aspects involved, for example the environment and different assets in Arma 3, new engine features etc. It's important to understand that there is still a long way to go even after Arma 3 is out until mods are properly configured, ported and matured onto the new platform.
"So realistically we may be looking at one year or more from now until we can see something like Day Z based on Arma 3 technology."

Read full article on Kotaku here.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:48:37 am by Vibe »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2012, 01:57:23 pm »
That IS good new! I love it when devs recognize mods and how they evolve their games into something completely different, increasing the enjoyment you get from it tenfold.

Thanks for the updates Vibe!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2012, 02:34:19 pm »
+2
Ignoring a mod that made their sales get a multi of x5 and pushed their beloved game to best seller on Steam would be pretty fucking stupid  8-)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2012, 02:38:29 pm »
Ignoring a mod that made their sales get a multi of x5 and pushed their beloved game to best seller on Steam would be pretty fucking stupid  8-)
I know. But considering how a lot of businessmen are....
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2012, 02:54:41 pm »
+1
I guess it helps that Rocket (creator of DayZ) is also a BIS dev (company which made Arma2)