Author Topic: Day Z mod for ARMA II  (Read 142000 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Re: Day Z mod for ARMA II
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2012, 10:54:46 am »
Guys you play on eu_8 cause I never see you tough I play during the night my time (GMT+1)

Anyway what's your character names?

Mine's Kaisler.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2012, 11:19:01 am »
+1
How bad is the new zombie spawning? Will you even survive a trip to Chern?

Also... Day 16 now for me! Surviving still! It's good to be the Sniper, far from danger but still have enemies in sight!
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2012, 11:21:30 am »
From what I'm reading they respawn very fast and people are getting stuck on roofs when they shoot and a whole group of zombies surrounds the house :D

I like that they have added more zombies but they should really lower their running speed to give people a chance to dodge them when surrounded.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2012, 11:29:14 am »
Yeah, he raised the number of zombies AND fixed the spawns (and overdid the speed of spawns), so they spawn too fast and in large numbers. Won't be fixed for a few days he said.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2012, 11:44:51 am »
A few weeks ago, when Zombies numbered up to 1000+, the 22nd gang had a last stand moment ontop of the factory in Chern. We were using high powered rifles and attracted a few zombies at first, killed them and then scouted Chern. That's when we saw the entire Chern zombie population run towards us, 50 zombies at first, but they kept respawning and we ended up killing over 150. I was completely out of ammo and the rest were running low, we were certain we were gonna die but we managed to escape at the end.

I hope spawns are back to what they used to be like. :D
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2012, 11:53:11 am »
From one post I read the zombie count was 3000+. Haven't tested it myself, at work atm.

I'm all fine with high zombie count, hell, the world's been pretty much zombie free the last days. What I'm not fine is all those zombies zigzagging and teleporting at supersonic speed :(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:54:39 am by Vibe »

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2012, 11:56:05 am »
Shit, I logged out ontop of Zub castle, now I gotta battle my way out through zombies.

Also, Jarlek, I shot that woman by accident and you know that!  :mrgreen:
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2012, 12:30:21 pm »
New website :)

http://www.dayzmod.com/

PS: reading the forums now there seems to be a lot of positive feedback on the increased zombie count. I'm only worried about the fast respawn, aka clear two story building and they already spawn at first floor.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:53:40 pm by Vibe »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2012, 01:32:40 pm »
Is there any chance of this running with pirated versions of those games?I´d like to try it but I wont pay 20 bucks for a game that doesnt interest me at all to play a mod of which I dont even know if I will play it for longer than an hour.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2012, 01:40:45 pm »
Is there any chance of this running with pirated versions of those games?I´d like to try it but I wont pay 20 bucks for a game that doesnt interest me at all to play a mod of which I dont even know if I will play it for longer than an hour.

No, you have to buy the game, cause it's connected to an online database. It's worth the money though.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2012, 10:03:05 pm »
+2
Looks like they figured out the waiting for server bug... anytime a change is made on the DB the servers need to restart.  So any server that doesn't restart every 24 hours or so is going to get that bug.

That aside, i logged in and with the new zombie spawns its... its intense.  I havent bothered to go near cherno or electro yet but just trying to clear the few lootable buildings in pusto was hardcore.  Thank god i picked up a winchester.  This thing is now my favorite weapon, its quieter than an ak, one hits zeds, and ammo is practically everywhere if you know which buildings to look in.  Started playing about 2 hours ago with 20 zed kills... logged off with 230.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2012, 05:18:53 am »
Man, being a bandit is so intense now. Several times i'd been stalking two guys or so, waiting for them to get caught off guard while scavenging in town. Many times they'd simply be overrun by all of the zeds and id have a first row seat to it. Bandits are no longer the biggest threat in the game. This mod just got way better.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2012, 05:36:06 am »
+1
Man, being a bandit is so intense now. Several times i'd been stalking two guys or so, waiting for them to get caught off guard while scavenging in town. Many times they'd simply be overrun by all of the zeds and id have a first row seat to it. Bandits are no longer the biggest threat in the game. This mod just got way better.

Actually it's quite easy now, and the easiest way to play. Just sit outside of any random city in the bushes somewhere and wait for some target to go in, make sure you can see him and when he tries to leave kneecap him, do this until he stops getting up and then wait for some one to come help him... Do it to the next person that comes to help as well. Had three guys laying around knee capped before I killed them and looted them. Much easier than trying to deal with all the zombies that run through walls and respawn before you finish clearing the second floor of the building your on.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2012, 11:26:15 am »
+2
For people who want to save money, it is possible to play Combined Operations with Operation Arrowhead bought only (mind you this is not/might not be fully supported, so it's not really recommended):

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_OA:_Combined_Operations_Lite

Supposedly works with dayZ too, you'll have lower res shit tho.

This should save you 10€: 25€ is Combined Operations (Arma2+OA), 15€ is Operation Arrowhead only.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:35:36 am by Vibe »

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2012, 12:14:17 pm »
Right now its pretty easy to just sneak around the zombies, because they roam around alot...

And the life of a bandit is pretty easy imho: Wait for someone else to kill all the zombies, then headshot him when he's looting or checking his map.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login