Author Topic: Day Z mod for ARMA II  (Read 153297 times)

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
Re: Day Z mod for ARMA II
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2012, 08:17:21 pm »
So...

Veteran difficulty server, with none of the spotting bullshit etc. yeah?

Preferably somewhere central europe.

DE... Something Y/Y?!

What do Nords think, seeing as they're a large group?
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2012, 10:09:28 pm »
I bought arma for this mod as my friend started playing it. haven't really been THAT impressed that it felt wroth £25, but I really like the concept. and hopefully the money will be worth it for future project reality arma mod.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2012, 10:13:06 pm »
Even if you don't like it right now it will get better later. I think it's been out a little over a month now?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2012, 11:43:00 pm »
Yeah, considerin this is alpha on a buggy engine it's fucking incredible how fun it is.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2012, 12:39:40 am »
EU9 is our server of choice mostly  :)
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2012, 12:45:23 am »
+1
GOD, if there's one thing that annoys me is fucking wimps that ALT-F4 as soon as I shoot them (possibly even get them down).

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2012, 01:16:17 am »
+2

Hahaha fuck yeah man noob bandits unite! After eating and drinking all of my food within the first ten minutes by accident, I spent the next thirty minutes trying to climb up a ladder and open in accessible doors. Another player rolls up on me out of nowhere. Fortunately he was just as clueless as I was and stood in the same inaccessible building doorway I was fucking around with. I drop him with two slugs to the head and when trying to figure out how the fuck to loot stuff, I leave my hand gun, bullets and painkillers on the corpse unknowingly and run like hell for about 100 kilometers.  :lol:

"I'm sorry about killing you, Coyote Pack"
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2012, 01:26:04 am »
Hehe, being nice doesn't pay off, I just saved two guys from a few bandits and after giving a blood transfusion to one of them they shot and killed me, jokes on them though, I had two mags left for my .45 and only 1 mag left for my enfield and nothing else really worth a damn.

The great thing is though, I had made enough friends on the server while playing that they where hunted down and killed soon after ;0).

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2012, 02:08:11 am »
I'd like for you guys to make DE8 your standard server, it has veteran difficulty but you can still go third person and have a crosshair, but the names dont show up. It's got decet latency and somehow its the server I get in the easiest from the EU servers.

Edit: Also, I'd like your guys opinions on this http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1604

It's an idea of mine to implement a cRPG style outfit system. Just to have more skins atm.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:15:51 am by Renay »
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2012, 05:01:58 am »
I'd like for you guys to make DE8 your standard server, it has veteran difficulty but you can still go third person and have a crosshair, but the names dont show up. It's got decet latency and somehow its the server I get in the easiest from the EU servers.

Edit: Also, I'd like your guys opinions on this http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1604

It's an idea of mine to implement a cRPG style outfit system. Just to have more skins atm.

Rocket has already been working on giving players the choice of skins, mostly from the British dlc, because the others don't play well with the backpack system. He is also adding at some point the Ghille suit as an item you can find and wear. This was all talked about during a stream this morning.

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2012, 07:41:17 am »
How do you guys beat the random zombies when looting? I'm having huge difficulties fighting them because of bugged path finding and huge speed of them. If the zombie is not a sloucher and in the open it nearly always manages to hit me one or two times. Seems that they get slowed indoors, it actually seems more viable to sneak as close to building as you can and then just rush in. You'll have plenty time compared to open areas to shoot zombies, even get few precious head shots.

edit: ah this is bullshit, my nearly three hour gaming session from yesterday hadn't been saved. Strangely my hunger and thirst levels were on red though  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:47:10 am by Largg »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2012, 08:40:38 am »
How do you guys beat the random zombies when looting? I'm having huge difficulties fighting them because of bugged path finding and huge speed of them. If the zombie is not a sloucher and in the open it nearly always manages to hit me one or two times. Seems that they get slowed indoors, it actually seems more viable to sneak as close to building as you can and then just rush in. You'll have plenty time compared to open areas to shoot zombies, even get few precious head shots.

edit: ah this is bullshit, my nearly three hour gaming session from yesterday hadn't been saved. Strangely my hunger and thirst levels were on red though  :rolleyes:

Run backwards, wait for their attack animation (they stop), shoot

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2012, 09:44:08 am »
Run backwards, wait for their attack animation (they stop), shoot

This. Also you are right about buildings.  Fighting inside a building is much better than trying to fight them outside (because of the engine the pathing inside buildings is horrible.  Be careful that you back isn't directly against an exposed wall though, they can attack through some walls.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2012, 04:23:09 pm »
So I finally made it work :D The problem I had was that my character couldn't be made for some reason, so I had to make a new profile. My ingame name is now Jarlen and not Jarlek, so say hello if you see me ingame :D

And I have to say that this game is BLOODY AWESOME! When I managed to get in, it was night time. I spawned close to one of the main cities (found out later that it was elektro), and despite knowing I shouldn't, I decided to go in and loot a bit. 1 hour of the MOST INTENSE gaming experience I've EVER had! The tension of walking around, sneaking past zombies, hurriedly looting thinking if anything is sneaking up on me.

My first life ended when I got a bug with my looting and lost all my ammo, then a zombie jumped me and I just ran for my life. Got a small posse of 10 zombies after me, no ammo (cause of the bug) and no friendlies around me. I ran for about 4 minutes when I heard another player shooting towards the zombies. I decided to run around to make it easier for him and he killed 2 of them. Then suddenly as I was running closer to him, he decided to shoot me instead. Sucks to be him, since the remaining zombies now went for him and it didn't take long before I saw him die too in chat :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2012, 10:04:05 pm »
+3
Here's a little story for you about the comradery of large clans on servers and how effective you can be.

We got into a huge firefight last night and rescued some allies in a firefight.

They had a helicopter and a factory under control and fell into sniper fire from about 400m away. The sniper shot one of their members while on the ground fueling the helicopter and killed him instantly. Then the fight began. Meanwhile, there were 5 of us moderately armed about 1500m away and they called for help over Steam to RJ. So we took off, hauling ass to the fire fight and when we arrived their Helicopter was spraying the hillside where the snipers were with gunfire and lighting it up with the light on the helicopter. We started to spread out and since the guys had only been used to seeing their targets 400m away and up above them, they never saw 5 of us sneaking up on them to destroy them.

Unfortunately, I looked just like the targets and received a spray of bullets from the heli which left me with only 1,000 liters of blood (out of 12,000) and quickly had to receive medical attention. But we took out the three snipers then grouped up with the guys for a short while, picked up Martyr off the coast (in like a 2 minute flight) and was dropped off at a far northern town that would have taken us hours to get to. It pays to have friends in high places, and by high places, I mean AG people with Helicopters.

It was a blast.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login