Author Topic: Day Z mod for ARMA II  (Read 153286 times)

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
Re: Day Z mod for ARMA II
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2012, 11:45:36 pm »
+1
Here's a little story for you about the comradery of large clans on servers and how effective you can be.

We got into a huge firefight last night and rescued some allies in a firefight.

They had a helicopter and a factory under control and fell into sniper fire from about 400m away. The sniper shot one of their members while on the ground fueling the helicopter and killed him instantly. Then the fight began. Meanwhile, there were 5 of us moderately armed about 1500m away and they called for help over Steam to RJ. So we took off, hauling ass to the fire fight and when we arrived their Helicopter was spraying the hillside where the snipers were with gunfire and lighting it up with the light on the helicopter. We started to spread out and since the guys had only been used to seeing their targets 400m away and up above them, they never saw 5 of us sneaking up on them to destroy them.

Unfortunately, I looked just like the targets and received a spray of bullets from the heli which left me with only 1,000 liters of blood (out of 12,000) and quickly had to receive medical attention. But we took out the three snipers then grouped up with the guys for a short while, picked up Martyr off the coast (in like a 2 minute flight) and was dropped off at a far northern town that would have taken us hours to get to. It pays to have friends in high places, and by high places, I mean AG people with Helicopters.

It was a blast.

That firefight was wicked fun, hopefully we get into a few more like it, though with less casualties next time.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2012, 11:56:34 pm »
Here's a little story for you about the comradery of large clans on servers and how effective you can be.

They had a helicopter and a factory under control and fell into sniper fire from about 400m away. The sniper shot one of their members while on the ground fueling the helicopter and killed him instantly. Then the fight began. Meanwhile, there were 5 of us moderately armed about 1500m away and they called for help over Steam to RJ. So we took off, hauling ass to the fire fight and when we arrived their Helicopter was spraying the hillside where the snipers were with gunfire and lighting it up with the light on the helicopter. We started to spread out and since the guys had only been used to seeing their targets 400m away and up above them, they never saw 5 of us sneaking up on them to destroy them.

Unfortunately, I looked just like the targets and received a spray of bullets from the heli which left me with only 1,000 liters of blood (out of 12,000) and quickly had to receive medical attention. But we took out the three snipers then grouped up with the guys for a short while, picked up Martyr off the coast (in like a 2 minute flight) and was dropped off at a far northern town that would have taken us hours to get to. It pays to have friends in high places, and by high places, I mean AG people with Helicopters.

It was a blast.
That story.... sounds AWESOME!

+1 man! Here's hoping I can join ya ingame some time :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2012, 01:31:00 am »

It was a blast.

fraps or it didnt happen.

Do you just buy Arma2 Operation Arrowhead to play this mod?

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2012, 01:44:58 am »
+2

Did you buy Warband to play Native?  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Uhtred

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2012, 02:11:59 am »
You need the orig arma II as well
Trololololol

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2012, 02:47:27 am »
+2
Did you buy Warband to play Native?  :)

YES.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2012, 06:46:46 am »

Actually I had purchased ArmA 2 Combined Operations from a retail copy a long time ago, but it didn't work with the DayZ mod...so I bought it on Steam.

Technically I bought it twice just to play this mod.

Lmfao.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Barracuda

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 5
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mersenaamat
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2012, 10:30:46 am »
+9
This mod is pretty amazing. I was a fan of the orginal operation flashpoint but never bought arma 1 or 2. Until now.

I logged in at night and it was really dark. I was near some unknown village inland. It was raining and there was lightning and thunder. I really couldn't see anything except the times when the lightning briefly luminated the world. I knew there was a barn nearby where I might find flares so I decided to head there. I closed in on the other barn door and heard zombie grunts grow louder as I did so. I saw the outline of a zombie at the center of the barn. I pulled out my Winchester 1866 and started to aim for the zombies head. Just when I was about to pull the trigger I hear a shot and see a flash. The zombie I've been aiming drops dead in front of me. Confused I think I shot accidentaly but quickly I realize I'm not alone. There must be someone near the other barn door at the other side of the barn. Slowly I start to back up a bit further away to assess the situtation and see what's happening. I find a suitable spot to spy about 20 meters from the barn and start to aim at the barn. Lightning strikes and in its light I see a survivalist kneeling down before the corpse. Time to decide my next move.

Too bad session was lost at that moment and I didn't have closure but it sure was exciting in a way that I haven't experienced for a long time in a game.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:17:50 am by Barracuda »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2012, 11:15:41 am »

It's simpler to purchase combined ops, yes. You could also just purchase operation arrowhead and just play the free version of arma, as it gives you all of the basic files you need to run DayZ, but that might cause problems down the line in this game(even without the mod) is well worth it!
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2012, 11:45:28 am »
Yesterday was the first time I didn't die by a player :D

I managed to find some bullets for some rifle and shotgun but sadly no weapons, I also found a flashlight but it kept on trying to remove my handgun so I tried placing it in the backpack and I thought it worked at first but when I ran far away in the woods the flash light doesn't show in my backpack :/

For the first time in these couple days I had a lot of chances to kill people but didn't as most where saying friendly but killed one that was far too suspicious. I was running near town and near the trees I saw a broken car and wanted to check it out, far away I saw some guy all in white and he saw me too and started pointing at me so I ran near some trees and bushes and pressed Z to get down on the floor, this guy comes running where I was turning slowly pointing his gun and when he almost saw me had to shoot him 4 times in the face to kill it.

Was a little fun but I'm starting to hate playing in the night.

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2012, 03:35:30 pm »
+2
stairs and ladders are the most dangerous thing on this mod

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2012, 05:41:53 pm »
stairs and ladders are the most dangerous thing on this mod

When you climb ladders with the gun make sure to turn right as soon as you reach the top and sidestep. This will USUALLY prevent you from falling down. PS my first death was by falling down the ladder :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:49:36 pm by Vibe »

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2012, 05:57:30 pm »
or equip your main weapon if you have one, if you climb ladders with pistols it will perform the animation of taking out the pistol at the top and that makes you fall
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2012, 06:19:29 pm »
Which game do i NEED to play Day Z? Can i play Day Z with only OA installed, or do i need to have both? or what?
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2012, 06:31:43 pm »
+1
Gotta have them both installed.

Ganner's quick installation guide

install both A2 and A2 OA, run them both first to make sure all components are installed.
install dayZ into the appropriate folder in OA
make sure steam and/or OA is running in admin mode
join a server that isnt full, try to load and alt tab out for 10 minutes while it loads the first time.

Oh and hope the main server isnt down to prevent you from joining the game :/