Author Topic: Buff cRPG  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
Re: Buff cRPG
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 11:21:37 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

All in all, I actually love these suggestions.  I might say that the wpf ceiling for 'perfect' aim could be raised a bit, but if taken in conjunction with agility buffs (which, to be fair, I am in no small bit supporting because of my own preference of agility builds), shouldn't prove to change the metagame too much, just make it a bit less nonsensical. 

If increasing projectile speed is what it takes to make ranged weapons (especially bows and arrows) more effective at longer ranges, then I certainly support this (not lobbyism, I hate all you ranged assholes on the battlefield :mrgreen:)

Depending on which throwing weapons receive an ammo buff, I'd be in support of that, since some of the lower tier ones can be surprisingly effective at higher investments in throwing.

Reducing shield weight is kind of a double-edged sword, I'd imagine.  If it's anything like with weapon weight, you might see increased block stun on shielders, which I can't possibly suggest is a good thing.

Completely 360 degree movement seems a bit excessive for cavalry, but a return to native values wouldn't be too much of an issue though, as far as I'm concerned. 

(click to show/hide)

The only issue I really take is with removing the unsheathable tags.  I think they, for the most part, make sense, and -- although it is kind of shoehorned in -- add another level to considering loadout. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:22:57 pm by Brrrak »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 06:42:08 am »
How silly of me. How could I not remember that putting the range buffs up top would cause the Rage haters (I mean range haters) to stop reading and click - ?

I like your additions Kafein.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 07:06:52 am »
Buff swashbucklers.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 07:29:00 am »
+1
buff throwing hammers

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 07:14:46 pm »
Make everything more ridiculous, fast, unrealistic,  spazzy, flinch-based, unstrategic, and gay please.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 07:25:08 pm »
Cav is good as it is. Maybe decrease in maneuverability. Compensated with slight buff in health and small increase in lancing arc (5-7 degrees).
This will help to reduce cav ninja behavior 8-)

It's not ok for heavy Cav, try for urself and you will see the truth

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 07:35:53 pm »
How silly of me. How could I not remember that putting the range buffs up top would cause the Rage haters (I mean range haters) to stop reading and click - ?

I like your additions Kafein.

Btw I only like a subset of yours but discussing it wouldn't be constructive anyway.

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 07:36:11 pm »
+2
IF buff? This is an indirect Ranged Nerf.  No damage Nerfs for ranged

Nerf Archery that They can't kite and give them more Meele weapon choices not only those little shitty 0 slot weps... (I'm an Archer)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:38:03 pm by PanPan »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 07:40:32 pm »
Make the reticule for ranged pinpoint accurate at 150 WPF at full longest range of the weapon. In other words, if a target is standing still, and you have your crosshairs on it (adjusting for the arc of course, it is actually an inch or so above), then you hit it.

Either increase damage, or increase missile speed for archery and throwing across the board.

And what is your suggestion to keeping the amount of ranged players at the current level, while buffing ranged back to the level when everyone and his mother was playing ranged?

Increase throwing ammo for low end weapons.

Throwing is a very delicate topic, because it becomes OP, annoying and abused most easily. That's why I would be very careful with changing throwing weapons, although basically I am not against your suggestion.

Buff athletics so that melee can move and dodge properly again. That means being able to use strafe properly, not by spinning left and right 90 degrees while charging forwards. It doesn't matter if ranged has pinpoint accuracy if the melee is no longer where the ranged shot.

Agreed on that.

Reduce the athletics penalty given to shielders. If you have to reduce the weight of shields to nothing to accomplish that, then do it.

Also agreed.

Give cavalry their range back on poles on horseback. Let them spin around in a 360 as they want trying to catch those dancing melee again.

If melee is dancing I suppose it's aware of cavalry and shouldn't be attacked at all, to keep cavalry balanced.

Take away the bonus damage to cavalry legs.

Not as long as the average anti-cavalry-skills of infantry and ranged don't increase massively. A horseman has practically no chance killing an infantryman or ranged player who both is ware of him and knows how to deal with cav. The knowledge for this is easily acquired. Still it seems too complicated for 90% of all people on the server. So with the current anti-cav-skills on the servers: no. If they improve: buff horse stats, lower upkeep, whatever, cav would be difficult as hell. But as it is now, it's easy as pie.

Add horse rear back to the polearms that had it removed.

Agreed, reason is one quote above.

Reduce the athletics penalty due to terrain variations.
Agreed, as it's basically already mentioned above.

Remove the unsheathable tag from weapons.

No. I think big weapons should remain main weapons only. "Backup" pikes, halberds and other weapons should stay as they are, I like the idea.

Increase IF to 2.5 to 3 per point.

Well, why not?

Increase the weapon speed given to higher WPF.

Also agreed, but don't buff it to old extends. Something in between would be optimal.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 08:47:00 pm »
+4
Make female characters significantly weaker then male characters and slower.  Give them a new fun hair style and an option to paint there nails to compensate.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 09:45:12 pm »
IF buff? This is an indirect Ranged Nerf.  No damage Nerfs for ranged

Nerf Archery that They can't kite and give them more Meele weapon choices not only those little shitty 0 slot weps... (I'm an Archer)

I really love the selective reading going on. This is a PACKAGE, not an ala carte menu!

IF gets a buff, but you get accuracy + damage or missile speed increase and an athletics buff. They compensate for each other...

ALL of these compensate for each other, that is the point. To take the luck out of ranged, give melee compensating dodging ability, give cavalry compensating ability to poke those melee while not being penalized in the legs for being in there mixing it up, and compensation for the slower builds that choose IF so they can take 15 hits before going down.
Yes, it results in a faster, more skill based game where the different builds stand out rather than homogenize.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 10:54:10 pm »
The thing I love about this suggestion is that it makes the game more based on individual skill for everyone. While it would be nice to have the game more based around tactics the devs have made changes that easily show that that is not the direction they want to go in. Honestly, the only things I disagree with are the Ironflesh buff and the removal of the Unsheathable tag.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 11:25:59 pm »
The thing I love about this suggestion is that it makes the game more based on individual skill for everyone. While it would be nice to have the game more based around tactics the devs have made changes that easily show that that is not the direction they want to go in. Honestly, the only things I disagree with are the Ironflesh buff and the removal of the Unsheathable tag.

What's the issue with the ironflesh buff?

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 11:35:52 pm »
What's the issue with the ironflesh buff?

The athletics buff that Rumblood mentions in the OP could be what finally makes agility based builds worth going for compared to strength builds. I feel like buffing a strength-based skill would offset that new balance. I suppose it depends on the degree to which athletics is buffed, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that the last thing strength builds need is a buff.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 01:29:08 am »
Reduce that stupid horse leg damage. having a heavy horse 1hit by a 1h is just plain stupid!