Author Topic: Increase Shield weight and reduce HP penalty on 1h  (Read 4882 times)

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
Re: Increase Shield weight and reduce HP penalty on 1h
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 10:56:33 pm »
omg you cant be serious.
the op thing is you shielder dont have to be carefull, you block evry single hit even boulder´s swing and keep walking. Now you fear you wont be OP nomore. Trust me you wont fail evry time after this suggestion but need more skill and act more carefull.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 11:02:36 pm »
mh, i tried shield n board a couple of times and allways thought its much harder than it looks from the 2h perspective.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 11:04:31 pm »
Srsly, Lanic0r, that isn't funny anymore. You say

Trust me you wont fail evry time after this suggestion but need more skill and act more carefull.

and thats a lie. Why? Simply: it won't "need more skill and act more carefull[y, BTW]", but will just nerf shields, while they are balanced. Less hp ISNT going to force shielders to play more carefully - shields will just break faster.

EDIT

Or wait, are you going to say me, that you want to force shielders to run away from fight, because they "should" be scared of breaking their shields during fight even more than now?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:06:25 pm by Dravic »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 11:06:52 pm »
Srsly, Lanic0r, that isn't funny anymore. You say

and thats a lie. Why? Simply: it won't "need more skill and act more carefull[y, BTW]", but will just nerf shields, while they are balanced. Less hp ISNT going to force shielders to play more carefully - shields will just break faster.

he is only a noob.

i can nominate here 50 good 2handers. while  i can  barely nominate 10   1handers who do top score.     

1hander are easyer to play, but also harder to   play at top levels.        2handers are faster, with better animation reach and dmg.     with less upkeep also. and more mobility and less wpf  penalty (caused by less weight)

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 11:18:13 pm »
let me guess merc, the 50 guys dont play 1h with shield becuase its OP and boring?
Ask olwen why he doesent play 2h or lancer XD  He told me and other guys why ;D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:20:04 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2011, 11:24:15 pm »
Lanic0r, you just dont distinguish good players from bad players... Some people just have personal skill. Do you get it? PERSONAL SKILL.

Also, there is something like "Destiny". Every weapon is destined to be used by some kinds of players.

There are people that like to have power of the OP builds and weapons, some people go for style, some people go for something that is comfortable in fight for them, some people just CONNECT few of those.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 11:25:56 pm »
You lost me when you claimed  you can with one swing cut off a lot of a tree.

I for one have done stone walls which require the removal of trees, both digging them up and cutting them down. Cutting down a tree with an axe is not easy work, nor is it fast.

Have you ever tried cutting even dry firewood with an axe in real life? Tt takes many strokes to make progress on a tree.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 11:31:37 pm »
One handers already suffer from 2 crippling disadvantages.  Range and killing power.  If anything shields need an hp boost.  This generation I am playing a shielder and it is rare for me to keep a houscarl shield till the end of the round.  If anything shielders need more love.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Garris

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2011, 11:38:29 pm »
As overpowered as 2handers and polearmers are, this fool needs to weaken shielders even more?

Shields have already taken a nerf hit.  Your suggestion sucks balls.

Thanks for playing.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2011, 11:40:34 pm »
One handers already suffer from 2 crippling disadvantages.  Range and killing power.  If anything shields need an hp boost.  This generation I am playing a shielder and it is rare for me to keep a houscarl shield till the end of the round.  If anything shielders need more love.

A bit offtopic, but try this with Steel Shield, you will see, that you won't see your shield broken as often as Huscarl.

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 9
Agility: 27
Hit points: 44
Converted: 2
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 3
Shield: 9
Athletics: 9
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 8
One Handed: 173
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

Offline Formless

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 11:44:34 pm »
Yeah that would fix the shield breakage problem, but it will magnify the problem of killing power.     

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 11:50:14 pm »
Nerf 1H & Shield? Are you being silly?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:54:44 pm by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 11:51:55 pm »
amazing,
you ask me things which arent the point.
The point is,
1. a Great Axe will cut off alot material of a tree not the whole( understood?) why do i need 10 swings to smash a shield?
2. Its just not fair that they re still walking while a heavy swing impacts.
3. 1h´s are very fast compared to polearms and 2h
To sum up
blocking without stopping +  i dont care what waepon my challanger uses + my swings are fast

and by the way, i know 2h are OP, in special the ultra fast stab but dont drift off this topic ;D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:56:09 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline Formless

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 12:12:10 am »
What does fair have to do with it?  We are talking about game balance. 

a.)Is it fair that as a shielder I have to dump 4 points to carry a decent shield while a polearm or 2 hander gets to use those points in different categories. 

b.)Is if fair that your weapon out ranges mine by a whole lot. 

c.)Is if fair that a poleaxe guy gets 2 free swings when we first meet to fight, the initial swing then another swing as he is moving backwards and I am trying to chase him down. 

d.)Is if fair that you can kill me in 1 to 2 hits when it takes me 4 to take you out.  Is it fair that you you can swing a giant axe over and over again without getting tired at all. 

e.)Is if fair that your giant long weapon is as fast to swing as mine puny 1 hander sword.

f.)Is if fair that your giant long weapon does not unbalance you when you swing and miss and your recovery time for a missed swing is as fast as mine.

Face it, life ain't fair. 

P.S  Shielders need more love  :D 

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:22:06 am by Formless »

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 12:31:00 am »
What does fair have to do with it?  We are talking about game balance. 

a.)Is it fair that as a shielder I have to dump 4 points to carry a decent shield while a polearm or 2 hander gets to use those points in different categories. 

b.)Is if fair that your weapon out ranges mine by a whole lot. 

Face it, life ain't fair. 

Great Long Axe speed rating 92 compared to       speed rating 96 on Military Hammer
swing damage 44, cut                                           29 blunt
max damage is 92  with 2 swings on 48 armor     68
possible to kill in 2 swings                       yes        yes
possible to kill a challanger with str. 18 
and 48 armor    in one swing                   no          no

i used the calculator pack http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg
I collected this info to inform you, beside this i train almost evry day on duell server and if i play serious no one will kill me in 100% :D  But i notized that there is something wrong with shielders, i have to block evry time in the right direction and need up to 10 swings to destroy the shiled. However hes just spaming and doesnt care :(
I know you wont take a nerf, neither i wanted the tripple nerf on Archery but youre love will make you strong, i promise!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:51:55 am by Lanic0r »