Author Topic: Increase Shield weight and reduce HP penalty on 1h  (Read 4857 times)

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
Re: Increase Shield weight and reduce HP penalty on 1h
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 09:46:34 am »
the dogopus  can beat both of them

video proof :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cNXXVZYGEA

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:48:23 am by Vicious666 »

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2011, 11:30:51 am »
Your rage is an evidance that you fear the last bastion of easy going will end ;D
And Merc, calm down and be more polite  plz. I wonder whos really 15 years old (quote"stfu")? XD
Btw i played with shield and it was easy going easy killing.
Better you try the opposite side, have a challange as no shielder ;)

Huscarl's Round Shield?
Best set is Fur Covered Shield and Military hammer you will enjoy the ultimate easy going, i promise  :D

And at least
i forgot to tell you im not talking about battle only.
My thoughts go the wide range. In duell its rather impossible to hit a good shielder without destroying his shield. So you can approximately add the HP of the shield to player´s HP!

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2011, 02:34:40 pm »
Best set is Fur Covered Shield.

Stopped reading here, I'm not even a sword and boarder and I know Fur Covered Shield is shit, because of the 76~ speed rating on it.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2011, 02:39:29 pm »
imo just take a fur covered shield with warhammer, pwn everybody and prove this setup is overpowered. than ask for nerf again.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2011, 02:40:06 pm »
Shielders suck ass
I went back to playing as one after getting good at manual block and I couldn't kill anything
They suck

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 02:48:04 pm »
but i played as pole with GLA , on siege, and i was very often on top of scorebord.. so i must say that shielders can reach top only if they are skilled enough..

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 02:55:05 pm »
Long ago I made a similar thread heh, although your suggestions are crap. Looking back 1h+shield does seem balanced enough just because were so crippled by shield weight already. If a person wants they can simply back peddle out of a shielders range effectively ending any OPness that shields posses. God knows the turtle wouldn't be able to catch you.
On it.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 03:18:17 pm »
lawl so the 9 for huscarls and the 12 for steel shield is not enough to compensate the incompetence of 2h and polearm spammers?

The best shields in history had a weight of 6, 9 at most and those shields were practically unbreakable.

In game, the elite cavalry shield "dies" in 1 axe or 2 sword hits, the huscarls in 2-3 hits, the only shield that survives a few axe hits is the steel shield and it makes you slower than the 2h/polearm tincan with his super light long hafted blade/ great sword what is totally bull shit

huge 2h and polearms weight is a lot more than those of shields

when the steel shield has to have a weight of 12, the great sword would have a weight of 15.

Warband and crpg even more privileges 2h/polearms so much..............in rl history there were no pure 2h/polearm guys for a simple reason, they suck in real life battle, ranged can kill them, and 1hshield pwns 2h/pole in real life in close/ organized melee combat............I know this is an arcade game and its necessary to make 2h/polearm so ridiculous easy to satisfy all the bad players and kids that need a weapon that is superfast, crazy damage and insane reach to get some kills but its enough now.

Again, those people who want to run around with a 1h (no shield) or a pike (nothing else) they seek the challange, or maybe havent understood battle yet, whatever, those 2h/polearm "noobs" that think 1h/shield is easy still have to bring the proof that they can get more kills with this class...........players that get many kills as 1h/shield would get tons of kills as 2h...........some have even done for example Merc_Cyber (1h/shield)/ Cyber Hero (2h) etc..........the other way around, from 2h/polearm to 1h/shield you find out very soon what the real easy mode is in crpg.

the main (and only) reason why good players prefer using a shield is because they want to play the game and not hide in the hay........hide behind walls........hide behind friendly turtlers..........then come out, sneak behind the enemy and backstab........2h/polearm is so incredible boring after you have done it for some weeks...........most of the time is waiting.......(except you are some Nerd like Bjord that can rush in and kill many before he goes down, and then can trashtalk everyone when hes dead =P))
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 03:25:46 pm by Michael »