Author Topic: Trade Cut  (Read 3932 times)

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Trade Cut
« on: May 04, 2012, 12:58:01 am »
+3
Would it be at all possible to lower the cut % at least?

I just don't see what purpose it serves, since every auction you post is also already costing you money.

I am not made of money and I don't have +3's to trade around for just 100 gold.  :cry:

Even at a cheap price for loom points this is currently an extra 30k gold that goes missing..
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: Trade Cut
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:11:08 am »
in my opinion 10% should be awesome

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 02:33:31 am »
+4
It's about reducing the overall amount of money in circulation and it will hit the hardcore traders the most.
Kinda like killing wallstreet which is a good thing.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 02:41:48 am »
It's about reducing the overall amount of money in circulation and it will hit the hardcore traders the most.
Fucking commie...
BTW: Should've had 100 stones on the market when you added this horrible tax...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:42:59 am by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 02:41:55 am »
+2
Meow the terrorist.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 02:42:05 am »
Would it be at all possible to lower the cut % at least?

I just don't see what purpose it serves, since every auction you post is also already costing you money.

I am not made of money and I don't have +3's to trade around for just 100 gold.  :cry:

Even at a cheap price for loom points this is currently an extra 30k gold that goes missing..

The cut will eventually make it so people can't just sell heirloom points and wear full plate cav all the time.  They might have to use a cheaper build. 

Right now all 2 handers and even 1h shielders are just throwing in a few points to riding and still being just as viable on the ground as pure shielders and two handers because gold means nothing.

I hope this market cut eventually fixes it.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 02:55:54 am »

Except the poor don't get the money from the tax in this case :P

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 03:11:05 am »
+1
I dunno, IMO I think that the hardcore traders have enough money and plenty of items already, I think this would impact regular players more, as the hardcore traders can still afford to trade.

Whereas, regular players starting out, will not be able to make money in such a way.  People will post items for more, and the room for profit is decreased for casual traders, not only do you have to post for >5% profit, but you'll slowly lose money if nobody buys your item.

As an example, if you were to purchase unpopular items for 300k and repost them for 320, you would slowly be able to make money under the old system.  Now somebody would have to post an item for 316k (estimated) to earn the same amount of money for themselves, while you'd have to post for over 350k to make the same amount of profit.

This also reduces the amount of money players can get for their loom points, which is typically something that only newer players sell to enter the market.  I highly doubt that established players are going to offer more money to make up for the 5% loss.

If you're looking for a gold sink, I think the auctions are a great way to achieve this, once they're set up in such a way that they're useable, as they would become a preferable way for getting rid of items, as you're GUARANTEED to sell them, maybe even at a higher profit.. or perhaps even adding a different system entirely, but I don't think trades are the right thing to penalize, especially since you can advertise on the forums, and simply trade items, straight up, for a fee of 100 gold.

Change as it stands seems like it's a deterrent from using the system entirely as opposed to getting gold out of the economy.

tl;dr the % cut and 100 gold fee impacts high-frequency lower-tier items more than hardcore traders and makes it harder for newer un-established players from getting into the market.

I hope this market cut eventually fixes it.
It won't, because you have to actually sell items in order to be impacted by this.  Sure, a person will lose out on 30k gold when he sells his loom point, but if he's just a tincan and using the gold to pay for his repairs it won't change a thing, 570k is still enough money to ride out several generations in the most expensive gear.

If the problem is that people sell their loom points and run around with way too much gear as a result, a weekly/monthly tax would be a much better alternative.
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 06:58:10 am »
+3
I could post logical arguments about this issue, but let me instead:

-Trade cut is ruining my game, remove it please.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 08:20:14 am »
+2

Whats wronge with the amount of gold in circulation anyway?All those peasants that run around in cheap gear are just going to have to grind harder now :wink:

Nope I will just bump my prices up 5% to cover this bs and the poor will get poorer.

How much thought went into this silly idea?I think you guys might of been running the Greek economy recently :rolleyes:

100g to list a trade,lmfao thats peanuts
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:31:58 am by Dutchydave »

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 08:31:10 am »

Fine for the game, but don't make moronic comments like this about real life, you commie.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 09:25:09 am »
+1
Yeah I don't see how its going to really knock the money out of the market. It will take fucking ages to have any impact. There are people wondering around in full +3 gear with a couple mill in their back pocket, I don't think this is going to work.

Not that its not worth trying but I just don't see it working.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the issue is the volume of plate in the field why not deal with that. The last set of "balances" have left me baffled and confused. Cutting off your nose to spite your face and all that :I
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:27:33 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline GauisMarius

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Uhtred
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 09:53:07 am »
+1
This is a good idea, though I support a lower, if any, cut rate for the poor, and higher rates for the rich. That is all.

My name is Uhtred, and I approve this message.

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 10:39:36 am »
Got to say im happy to pay 2500g a week for 25 offers :P

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 11:02:09 am »
The change might be good to prevent "trading abuse" (like somebody said: wallstreet) but

it is the wrong way to reduce inflation, because it will just lower the level of Armor people will wear. Ok, this might be intended too, but in order to have a stable economy it needs viable goldsinks.
To my mind its not a good idea to wear heavy armor, because it costs and slows me down.
If you want to reduce inflation you have to make wearing armor(or using more expensive weapons) a more viable goldsink.
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."