Poll

Which gold gaining system would YOU prefer??

Old gold gaining system(Getting Gold by killing people)
51 (33.6%)
New gold gaining system(getting gold by time + multiplier)
101 (66.4%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Voting closed: April 17, 2011, 03:54:15 pm

Author Topic: Old cRPG Gold Gaining System(gold by killing ppl)///New System(gold by time)  (Read 2737 times)

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
i like this system better, but i really think there should be some personal bonus for killing oponents and horse
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
i like this system better, but i really think there should be some personal bonus for killing oponents and horse
yaeah, i kill min. 10 horses each round, wherez my rewardss?!?!!

seriously , check out garrus' suggestion in suggestions board. kinda supports individual killing and supporting while keeping team, ah, just read it yourself.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
There should be a bonus for killing horses and people with a bow/xbow/thrown in their inventory.
This will make all ranged shoot each other and horses first and let the melee guys have their fun killing each other.
It also turn the 1wpf xbow on your back into a "kill me" banner.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:35:14 am by MouthnHoof »

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
Wouldn't it be awesome if some hybrid system was possible? Get best of both worlds?

We'd use the current system to get a flat rate of xp and gold with the multiplier (i really like the multiplier system, it's exiting!), but there'd also be a small bonus for being near the action.

Basicly combine the old and the new system into one.

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
Wouldn't it be awesome if some hybrid system was possible? Get best of both worlds?

We'd use the current system to get a flat rate of xp and gold with the multiplier (i really like the multiplier system, it's exiting!), but there'd also be a small bonus for being near the action.

I already proposed that in the TW forum quite some time ago so +1
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
I am used to new system, and dont want any changes, since i generally hate changes in anything :)

But i liked the old system for its sense of "team spirit"... There were always a bunch of turtle-shielded peasants in the middle of a crowd, who were desperately trying to gain some XP and gold, and stay alive. Now they are so called "leechers", who just runs naked with a hatchet or a scythe, and have no fear for nothing, since they will get their gold no matter what  :|
It used to be fun to break the hard front line, and get to the sweet peasant flesh in the middle! The panic! The chaos! Or be a peasant yourself, and try to survive a storm, knowing that any random arrow will put an end to your gold and xp :) Good times!

Both systems combined? Would be great! Just a tiny extra bonus for being in the middle of the action!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Madcat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ferroh

I think a problem is that if you do that, even if it's just a little, then certain people that have just as important roles will be getting the short end of the deal.
Like archers or people taking out cavalry.
Maybe if archers got rewarded just for hitting someone, and not necessarily killing. But maybe that's just making things complicated C:

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile

Why give a bonus for being near the action? This was one of the worst parts of the old system. What are you rewarding with it? No individuel killing, no teamplay, no supporting, not flanking... Please, no.

and like i sayed: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3215.0.html
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:49:18 pm by The_Bloody_Nine »

Offline tony

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wizard Company
  • Game nicks: His Holiness, Strife
Could the servers even handle this data transfer, they seem loaded down as it is.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
Could the servers even handle this data transfer, they seem loaded down as it is.

Yeah good point. If it would cause more server load and lags, i'm against it. Only if possible without serious technical downsides, ofcourse.
I'd rather have the current system and good server performance than anything laggy.