Poll

Which gold gaining system would YOU prefer??

Old gold gaining system(Getting Gold by killing people)
51 (33.6%)
New gold gaining system(getting gold by time + multiplier)
101 (66.4%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Voting closed: April 17, 2011, 03:54:15 pm

Author Topic: Old cRPG Gold Gaining System(gold by killing ppl)///New System(gold by time)  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Nurax

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Blah...
  • Game nicks: Hiragano
Hey guys,
I made this poll coz i think many people dont want to grind just the lvls and with that old gold gaining system you had to be more activ. After the patch there are many people who just charge and wait(drink their coffee) in the hope to get multiplier. Personally, I think before patch there was more fun, but vote for YOURSELF.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
New, doh.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
It has a lot more pro's than con's imo.

You can actually try tactics now instead of making it just a big clusterfuck.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Nurax

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Blah...
  • Game nicks: Hiragano
But now the ppl just wanna get multiplier no teamwork. I just rarely saw teamwotk, and that was just in small groups(most clans)

Offline Kharn

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • Game nicks: Kharn, Oneshot_Mcgee, Flash
  • IRC nick: Kharn
I like the method of gaining gold. Just not how the equipment costs are done, such that everyone ends up with the same chainmail gear on.

Thats pretty much what this last update was about... forced equality.
Having everyone around the same level, with the same wpf,  with the same gear, and so on.

Its just closer to native multiplayer and the very reason I dont like native.
If your name is on either of these 2 lists: http://goo.gl/0SEqf -- http://goo.gl/I3SFf
And you want to be on youtube dueling famous fighters. Add imkharn to steam.
To see existing videos go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/imkharn

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
If you want the multiplier, you need to be even more active than before, and the shitty balance sometimes gives quite some challenge!

But now the ppl just wanna get multiplier no teamwork. I just rarely saw teamwotk, and that was just in small groups(most clans)

You gotta be kidding me, every game, people try to build up a tactic, since everyone wants the multiplier... Their are just silly people who don't read the blue chat.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
I regularly see teamwork on the NA servers and the blue chat is full of it, as people understand very very quickly that the only way to win is to have the entire team win.

The old system had kill-hungry mentalities behind it, where TKs were a double whammy (The only way to get xp was to kill, so go ahead and shoot-swing fast even if you might TK a guy you need that kill, and then the other guy gets pissed because now that he is dead he can not kill squat since you TKed him).

I like the new system, as I personally see teamwork even outside clans.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Lol, by old, you mean ancient, that system was done away with for some very good reasons explained on the old and new forums 100 times over. There will never be personal rewards for kills again according to chadz.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Lol, by old, you mean ancient, that system was done away with for some very good reasons explained on the old and new forums 100 times over. There will never be personal rewards for kills again according to chadz.
he's not speaking of individual kill rewarding. He is talking about "pre-patch", gold by killing or standing in radius. Which was crap as well, of course.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:23:45 pm by The_Bloody_Nine »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Couldn't we mix both old and new?

Like making it so you could only gain Exp+Gold per 30 second or 1 minute as long as you're in range of where the enemies are just like old times?

But multipliers would still be there.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
Really, the new system is much much better than the old radius system. Duc Volpe (newest member of D'hara!) and I spent the better part of 2 maps defending our teams flank and rear from very very skilled enemy cavalry. When we did well, our contribution was a significant part of our teams victory. With the old radius system, we'd have not gotten any reward for our work. Same goes for one of our archers on the same maps, he was an excellent flanker, not a roof top climber, and he put the fear of ranged into the enemy archers so that they were facing him instead of us, when we pushed up and demolished them. He helped our victory, and I'm glad he got the same rewards as the melee line fighters did, he certainly earned them.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
Really, the new system is much much better than the old radius system. Duc Volpe (newest member of D'hara!) and I spent the better part of 2 maps defending our teams flank and rear from very very skilled enemy cavalry. When we did well, our contribution was a significant part of our teams victory. With the old radius system, we'd have not gotten any reward for our work. Same goes for one of our archers on the same maps, he was an excellent flanker, not a roof top climber, and he put the fear of ranged into the enemy archers so that they were facing him instead of us, when we pushed up and demolished them. He helped our victory, and I'm glad he got the same rewards as the melee line fighters did, he certainly earned them.

Old system was fail...

Great example, old system was great for leeching since u stopped gaining from radius soon after death it inspired fear to stay alive near the action and stay out of danger

So instead of having people fight u always had people hiding near combat to gain max gold xp in old system too afraid to risk losing the gold and xp

Say u ran head first at enemy best guy killed him and got shot down in first minute but then your team won five minutes later, guess what some leech just gained way more than u for not contributing

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 07:02:50 pm by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline tsdisee

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
you miss one option,  how about combine both of those systems.
option 3: kill gold + team gold

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
Or maybe: Every 5 kills you earn 1 extra tick of gold&exp.

Tho I still like the system as it is now.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
Thing is, why should just killing and not supporting be rewarded? Rewards for kill will just make it even more boring playing a supportclass instead of spammer