Author Topic: What is the point of upkeep?  (Read 11127 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: What is the point of upkeep?
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2012, 09:48:02 pm »
+2
Some of the "top level" players in the Knights Hospitaller only are gen 6 or 7 (some gen 3 or 4) and they constantly run out of money.  They need donations from clanmates, or the more likely scenario, they go peasant for 2 or 3 maps until they have enough to not run out of money with their gear. 

I'm gen 8 (got my +3 heavy lance, and +3 courser), I sold my loompoint after gen 7 retirement, and now I have like 520k gold, and don't plan on ever retiring again.  That should get me through about 80 million experience give or take 10-20 million depending on how high my multiplier is.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:53:51 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »
All he knows if you are on top of the scoreboard you are obviously not worried about repairs, which makes me wonder this - What about top players that are dirt poor? Just because they are doing well score wise, would this mean they should be punished by having their cRPG wallet raped?

They are fucked indirectly with the increased teamswitching of top scorers.

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2012, 10:02:19 pm »
+1
I always wear equipment worth 50k gold since i started playing this mod and i didnt sell any loom points ever .
I never had problems with upkeep...
Because there is no problem with upkeep,it is perfect how it its atm and i dont think devs will change it because you dont like it.

Offline Gourmi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Gourm_The_Defiler
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2012, 10:11:27 pm »
+2
after some of the post here i just have to say this... shamlow you are retarded  :lol: you just disregard everything people say to you and then insult them when they try to explain. whats wrong with you xD
Don't fight a battle, You don't gain anything by winning

Offline bukva2

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2012, 10:41:42 pm »
How come everyone always claims how easy they can wear very expensive items and yet i need to wear crappy armor or i go bankrupt...my 2h is being repaired like every 2-3 rounds, so unless im in the steamrolling team, there is a good chance ill loose a lot. And im almost never in the winning team :(

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2012, 10:46:51 pm »
Dont forget that higher wpf decreases the rate of upkeep.
If you have like 130 in 2h wpf you will be able to make money pretty fast.
But if you have another 5 wpf in 1h the upkeep rate will be based on these 5 wpf...
As soon as you add 1 wpf to any weapon profieny upkeep can be based on it...
But im not sure what happens if you dont add any wpf points to anything :D

Offline bukva2

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2012, 10:54:23 pm »
As a matter of fact i have exactly 130 WPF right now. I make about 300-400 per hour. I can hardly call that lots of dosh :/
If i try to use the armor that i have (5k worth) i mostly loose money in about the same rate, depending on luck of team siding

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2012, 10:55:11 pm »
Read thru this whole thread...only 2 things make me rage:

The OP stated WHY upkeep excists in his OP. YES OF COURSE IT IS A MONEYSINK, thats what it excists for.

and 2nd thing, poster complaining about upkeep on his strange armour, weaboo weapons AND SHIELD. FUCKING SHIELD WEABOS MAKE ME RAGE SO FUCKING MUCH> No samurai EVER CARRIED A FUCKING SHIELD. Jesus fucking christ!
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2012, 11:03:29 pm »
You people are so dumb. You don't see anything wrong with the current upkeep system, because you are only looking at it as it is relative to you.

I say "Top Players" and you immediately  think I'm talking about people at the top of the scoreboard. I mean do you have any reading comprehension at all, where would you even get that if you have read any posts by anyone in this thread?

I am not bashing the upkeep system as a WHOLE. What I am saying is currently the upkeep system effects LOW LEVEL PEOPLE worse than it does HIGHER LEVEL PEOPLE.

This game never had a problem with level fucking 1s rolling people in full plate, I fucking guarantee. EVEN IF a low level person had the best items in the game, he would do little to NO DAMAGE to a level 30.

If I have 1 million dollars, and taxes take 10,000 away, who fucking cares. If I have 20,000 dollars, and taxes take 10,000 I HAVE A PROBLEM. This is the way the current upkeep system works. This is hurting the the POOR PEOPLE(LEVEL1/GEN1) in this analogy more than the RICH PEOPLE(LEVEL 31s).

To the people that say, oh just shut up and level to 31 and make your cash you won't have to worry about it. I'm not worried about it for me, you are right, money will not matter to me at some point. Just like it doesn't matter to most of the playerbase now. I'm not worried for me, I am worried for New potential players who get fucked in an already steep learning curve game.

If you don't give a shit about new players in a game you currently play then you don't fucking care about the game. Just enjoy watching it slowly die like every other half done mod on the internet.

Offline TheFocusedOne

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2012, 11:05:05 pm »
+1
I am generation 1 and it hardly effects me at all.  You're just a hater.

edit:  And for the record, cRPG hasn't died yet - which means it probably will not soon.

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2012, 11:05:54 pm »
The OP stated WHY upkeep excists in his OP. YES OF COURSE IT IS A MONEYSINK, thats what it excists for.

Level 1 characters don't need a money sink, they already have one.

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2012, 11:09:11 pm »
I am generation 1 and it hardly effects me at all.  You're just a hater.

edit:  And for the record, cRPG hasn't died yet - which means it probably will not soon.

You are lying, or trolling. So, it doesn't matter what you say.

I am Gen1/level22 with mediocre gear, and have already proven how little money one makes at that point. You don't make anymore money that I do the way this game is balanced, it's impossible.

So, you are trolling a forum with a game that maybe 500 people play.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2012, 11:12:23 pm »
Wear cheap (<5k) gear until you have 10k or so in the bank. That will leave you with a big enough buffer that you can wear 30k worth of gear and make money in the long term. There's no need for more than 30k worth of gear, unless you are playing cav (don't play cav your first gen).

I never had money troubles, even as a new gen1 player.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2012, 11:13:51 pm »
+1
You are lying, or trolling. So, it doesn't matter what you say.

I am Gen1/level22 with mediocre gear, and have already proven how little money one makes at that point. You don't make anymore money that I do the way this game is balanced, it's impossible.

So, you are trolling a forum with a game that maybe 500 people play.

Shut the fuck up already you are starting to sound like a broken record player. The guy registered 8 days ago. Nobody cares about your money problems anymore, the only thing you have proven yourself to be in this topic is

-A moron who can not manage his funds
-Someone who is so insecure about his bad budgeting he feels the need to call everyone who says he is wrong a liar, or a troll
-You do not listen to the help you are asking for
-You just have a nasty attitude in general

Be gone already.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2012, 11:14:59 pm »
And again, you say something thats simply wrong. You still donĀ“t get it, do you?

Warlord, tell me how I am wrong. Seriously, type it out in words. You can't do it, all you are saying is "that's wrong" " no you are wrong".

I am giving you the actual facts of how the system currently works.