Author Topic: What is the point of upkeep?  (Read 11116 times)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
Re: What is the point of upkeep?
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2012, 09:10:06 pm »
+2
TOP LEVEL PLAYERS(AKA THE PEOPLE YOU NEED TO BE HITTING WITH THE UPKEEP) so who does that leave to get penalized from the upkeep?
Most top players I know of wear a sustainable amount of gear. There aren't that many wearing plate or using heavy cav 24/7. On the other hand, without upkeep there would be little reason not to do that.

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2012, 09:11:44 pm »
So just because most of us were able to manage our gold, not be an idiot with using too expensive gear, and grinded our ways to multiple generations to sell it for gold we damn well earned, you think we have to pay MORE?

(click to show/hide)

My Skype name is Shamiggles, if you want me to actually explain this to you I will. I'm not going to argue with a blatant troll for 3-5 pages.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2012, 09:11:52 pm »
+2
So just because most of us were able to manage our gold, not be an idiot with using too expensive gear, and grinded our ways to multiple generations to sell it for gold we damn well earned, you think we have to pay MORE?

Social welfare !

Btw, you do still have to worry about money even if you retire and sell your loompoint. It depends much more heavily on the equipment you are wearing than on how much gold you have. You need several millions if you want to play plated charger knight for a whole month.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:18:54 pm by Kafein »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2012, 09:11:56 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2012, 09:15:20 pm »
+2
My Skype name is Shamiggles, if you want me to actually explain this to you I will. I'm not going to argue with a blatant troll for 3-5 pages.

No need to explain, you are a new player who can not manage his money wisely and think expensive gear = moar skill and moar kills

I have made gen 1 alts and never had a single problem keeping money in my character's wallet.

Does it suck sometimes? Yeah sure. Does it make the mod unplayable for new players? Absolutely not! I have seen quite a few new faces  pop up on crpg and do quite well, and made it to their first retirement and so on. The problem isnt repairs, the problem is how you are managing your gear. People here have been trying to tell you this but you do not seem to want to listen.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2012, 09:15:25 pm »
Most top players I know of wear a sustainable amount of gear. There aren't that many wearing plate or using heavy cav 24/7. On the other hand, without upkeep there would be little reason not to do that.

I am fine with upkeep against top level players, if that is how they chose to keep their income down. That makes sense, since they already have a huge level advantage over new players. I have already proven low levels can barely hurt them, if at all. Which I am also ok with, if that is how they chose to balance their mod.

You should not be charging upkeep against someone who just started, hardly knows how to play, and gets one shot all the time.

You are the troll here. For fucks sake, just play till level 31, sell your loompoint and stop whining.

Hi, that is why upkeep is bad.

Get to level 31 and it won't matter.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:16:40 pm by Shamlow »

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2012, 09:17:56 pm »
No need to explain, you are a new player who can not manage his money wisely and think expensive gear = moar skill and moar kills

I have made gen 1 alts and never had a single problem keeping money in my character's wallet.

Does it suck sometimes? Yeah sure. Does it make the mod unplayable for new players? Absolutely not! I have seen quite a few new faces  pop up on crpg and do quite well, and made it to their first retirement and so on. The problem isnt repairs, the problem is how you are managing your gear. People here have been trying to tell you this but you do not seem to want to listen.

No, you are either just trolling, or just not that intelligent.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2012, 09:18:13 pm »

It depends.  100k won't sustain the "high level players" from wearing high level armor, high level horses and high level weapons.  If you're staying around 20k gold for your loadout, 100k gold could potentially last you forever. 

So it really depends.  I'm sorry I didn't provide all possible scenarios for you when I wrote a quick reply.  You're trying so hard to prove your point, and trying so hard to dismiss any reasoning that goes against your point, that you're being 100% blinded by the bias.  Take a step back, take a breath, and try to brainstorm yourself why upkeep is in place.  I'm confident you'd come to the same conclusions the others in this thread have.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2012, 09:20:38 pm »
It depends.  100k won't sustain the "high level players" from wearing high level armor, high level horses and high level weapons.  If you're staying around 20k gold for your loadout, 100k gold could potentially last you forever. 

So it really depends.  I'm sorry I didn't provide all possible scenarios for you when I wrote a quick reply.  You're trying so hard to prove your point, and trying so hard to dismiss any reasoning that goes against your point, that you're being 100% blinded by the bias.  Take a step back, take a breath, and try to brainstorm yourself why upkeep is in place.  I'm confident you'd come to the same conclusions the others in this thread have.

You are making my point for me, you are arguing with yourself at this point. You are telling me upkeep isn't a big deal to high level players, AKA the people who you want upkeep to effect, correct?

There is no way you have an education level past high school.

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2012, 09:26:11 pm »
Once I was down to like 2k gold after buying a loom point for 700k.
I played in my usual ~26 k gold gear for a few days and was at 70 k gold again. With every gear below 30 k gold you are making shittons of money, upkeep should really be higher, its just to low.

You just stated why the current upkeep system is not working. Money does not matter to you, a high level player.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2012, 09:26:19 pm »
+1
You are making my point for me, you are arguing with yourself at this point. You are telling me upkeep isn't a big deal to high level players, AKA the people who you want upkeep to effect, correct?

There is no way you have an education level past high school.

No, I'm not.  I never said upkeep wasn't a big deal for "high level players".  It's a big deal if you have expensive gear on.  It's not a big deal if you have average to low cost gear on. 

It has nothing to do with what level or generation someone is.  Upkeep is upkeep, it only affects people depending on how much gear they are wearing at a given time.

You seriously are a dense person to come here and twist people's words, try to interpret them as you wish, ignore anyone who gives you reasons explaining why upkeep is in place, and then have the audacity to talk shit when people point it out over and over to you.

Are you 14?  Be honest..
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2012, 09:27:35 pm »
+1
No, I'm not.  I never said upkeep wasn't a big deal for "high level players".  It's a big deal if you have expensive gear on.  It's not a big deal if you have average to low cost gear on. 

It has nothing to do with what level or generation someone is.  Upkeep is upkeep, it only affects people depending on how much gear they are wearing at a given time.

You seriously are a dense person to come here and twist people's words, try to interpret them as you wish, ignore anyone who gives you reasons explaining why upkeep is in place, and then have the audacity to talk shit when people point it out over and over to you.

Give up, its a lost cause

He is right, everyone else is wrong.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2012, 09:33:57 pm »
+2
You just stated why the current upkeep system is not working. Money does not matter to you, a high level player.

This guy is the living proof that causality is an illusion.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2012, 09:42:48 pm »
+1
He thinks the higher your level, the more gold you gain or something. Obviously he has no idea what upkeep is and how it functions.

All he knows if you are on top of the scoreboard you are obviously not worried about repairs, which makes me wonder this - What about top players that are dirt poor? Just because they are doing well score wise, would this mean they should be punished by having their cRPG wallet raped?

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2012, 09:47:19 pm »
+1
He thinks so I guess, or, as stated above, he is just stupid.

I'm gonna go with the latter on this one