57 (43.8%)
No
47 (36.2%)
I don't know
6 (4.6%)
I just vote yes to vote yes *troll alarm*
20 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 130

Author Topic: So are we going to let all trolls remove admins for nothing??  (Read 4494 times)

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
Re: So are we going to let all trolls remove admins for nothing??
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 09:33:27 am »
So players can make mistakes (even wrong behaviour) and it's only worth a warning or a temporary ban.
But if an admin make mistakes he lost immediatly his admin power forever...?

Something wrong in there.

Sorry to say that, but it's only griefers/haters that have problems with admin, all other players thanks admin to protect them from griefers.

Admin abooze forum is needed only for a bunch of griefers.

Ever heard of the saying "with great power comes great responsibility"?

Admins have supreme power, so when they fuck up with said power, they prove they aren't capable of wielding it. They're not banned from servers when stripped of this power, they can still play and be normal players LIKE EVERYONE ELSE and make mistakes and get kicked/muted or what have you, but admins shouldn't be "making mistakes," admins have too much power to make the casual sort of "mistakes" you seem to be fine with them making. No one is perfect, but admins wield an extreme amount of power and SHOULD be held to a higher standard.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 09:34:59 am »
The removal of wooki was an error. Noticed how people aint unbanned in time anymore? Lots of people make threads about still being banned the day after the unban was scheduled. Why? Because you removed the one guy who cared to go through the banlist EVERY SINGLE DAY to check whos scheduled to be unbanned. Happy?

Dont give the decisions to those who have no clue what they're doing.

Also, both me and wooki got a lot of yes-votes from people who just wanted to see what happens. Shows how it doesnt work. Why not implent a proper feedback-system instead? I rarely get serious feedback from people, and the thread I made about "what to do if a guy tk" gave me a lot more useful feedback than the whole admin abuze (abuse an admin)-forum.

Just because the guy had a good work ethic doesn't change the fact he, in his own words, banned people for outside of game matters.

One right doesn't correct a wrong, and it's a bit telling that you think it should.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 12:46:46 pm »
The only wrong thing Ive ever seen wooki do is changing map when he shouldnt. He didnt do it often ,but it happened now and then. He also made some jokes or gave some ironic marks in admin chat that wasnt always very easy to understand.
Except this, I havent really seen him do anything wrong. Ive never seen him ban someone for the wrong reason or stuff like that.
I admit I havent seen all of his actions, and Ive openly disagreed with some of his mapchanges, but this aint at all abuses of the kind that you accuse him of. Actually, I havent seen any profs of any of his misdeeds in the admin abuse forum. And if you cant prove an admin is abusing in the abuse forum, you dont really have a strong case.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2011, 01:24:22 pm »
Rhade, i don't watch and believe blockbuster bs, and in case of admin i rather say "with great responsibility you need some power".

And as you say, they are players like us. I guess when admin log on, the first thing he want to do is playing the game. I don't see how take care of every griefers is a supreme power, it's more a supreme lame duty.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2011, 01:31:07 pm »
Hey Rhade, there's a 'Modify' button for a reason.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2011, 04:58:47 pm »
i must admit that sometimes i press 1 or 2 like a monkey when poll showing up (while i'm fighting) , just because i hate pop ups in the internets so i hate pop ups in the warband too and i don't frickin know what i'm pressing , i just want that shi**y window go away.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 04:59:48 pm by Radament »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2011, 08:28:38 pm »
The only wrong thing Ive ever seen wooki do is changing map when he shouldnt. He didnt do it often ,but it happened now and then. He also made some jokes or gave some ironic marks in admin chat that wasnt always very easy to understand.
Except this, I havent really seen him do anything wrong. Ive never seen him ban someone for the wrong reason or stuff like that.
I admit I havent seen all of his actions, and Ive openly disagreed with some of his mapchanges, but this aint at all abuses of the kind that you accuse him of. Actually, I havent seen any profs of any of his misdeeds in the admin abuse forum. And if you cant prove an admin is abusing in the abuse forum, you dont really have a strong case.

with all respect lilith you are save for 0.2%  maybe you are not the most indicated person for talk about admin punishment. mkay ?

ps: i voted  no   on you.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2011, 08:32:52 pm »
ahem, 1,2%. The limit was 51%, not 50% :P

Thanks for the vote, but I should be permitted to have an opinion just because some people thinks I should not be admin. :D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:34:42 pm by Lilith »

Offline Thtb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2011, 10:03:29 pm »
Power makes mad, we have many walking examples.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2011, 11:27:47 pm »
ahem, 1,2%. The limit was 51%, not 50% :P

Thanks for the vote, but I should be permitted to have an opinion just because some people thinks I should not be admin. :D

yeah but  you are spamming to much about this argument.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2011, 03:35:05 am »
+1

People obviously disagree with you.

The admins I've met usually will stick up for each other and abuse power here and there because they feel entitled to lord over the second class citizens (read: normal players) that dare talk back to them. Power complexes.

Anyway, just because you didn't see him do anything wrong really doesn't matter, as you're not on 24/7.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 03:36:31 am by Rhade »

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2011, 09:34:06 am »
People obviously disagree with you.

The admins I've met usually will stick up for each other and abuse power here and there because they feel entitled to lord over the second class citizens (read: normal players) that dare talk back to them. Power complexes.

Anyway, just because you didn't see him do anything wrong really doesn't matter, as you're not on 24/7.

Yeah, Lilith kicked me from the server ones for calling her/him/it a entrepreneur who works their own hours and contracts. It was in our mother tongue. And BOOM insta kick. I was obviously abused but no one cares about my feelings :(

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2011, 11:50:58 am »
no one cares about my feelings :(

I'm sure Xant still cares your feelings.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2011, 10:37:03 pm »
This is the morning admin prayer I adhere to before logging in each day:  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also:  Mute button is the greatest thing in the game.  Solves so many issues without needing to resort to threats, kicks or bans.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2011, 02:38:50 am »
This is the morning admin prayer I adhere to before logging in each day:  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also:  Mute button is the greatest thing in the game.  Solves so many issues without needing to resort to threats, kicks or bans.

But if you ignore someone or personally mute them, you can't act hard and get a power trip by threatening/kicking/banning them. This seems especially important to do when said player in question is beating your ass all over the map so you can recoup lost pride. If not kick/ban, HOW ADMIN?