Poll

Who uses the Yumi?

I do and I love it!
I use it situationally.
I tried it and it sucked so I haven't used it since.
I looked at the stats and decided not to bother
What's a Yumi?

Author Topic: Who uses the Yumi?  (Read 6059 times)

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
Re: Who uses the Yumi?
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 05:07:53 pm »
There would be a simple way to give the yumi a niche:

Make it 2 Slot and 5 PD.

That way, It would be a legit choice for Horse archers, de-enabling their melee capacities but giving them a stronger bow for their builds.

For foot archers it would still mostly be crap compared to long- and rus bow, but since it´s the same right now It would be far better.

PS: Dont tell me Yumi is good for Horse archers as it is right now...It´s fucking crap because you need an 18/21 Build, and with 3 horse archery your aim is SHITE, I tested it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:09:08 pm by B3RS3RK »
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2012, 05:22:15 pm »
There would be a simple way to give the yumi a niche:

Make it 2 Slot and 5 PD.

That way, It would be a legit choice for Horse archers, de-enabling their melee capacities but giving them a stronger bow for their builds.

For foot archers it would still mostly be crap compared to long- and rus bow, but since it´s the same right now It would be far better.

PS: Dont tell me Yumi is good for Horse archers as it is right now...It´s fucking crap because you need an 18/21 Build, and with 3 horse archery your aim is SHITE, I tested it.

Your aim's fine, you can easily make up for your slight loss of accuracy that you get compared to 4 HA, after only a few maps of playing when I made a horse archer, I could hit targets consistently again.

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2012, 06:42:52 pm »
No! Don't make it 2 slots!

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2012, 07:11:03 pm »
Your aim's fine, you can easily make up for your slight loss of accuracy that you get compared to 4 HA, after only a few maps of playing when I made a horse archer, I could hit targets consistently again.

No it isn´t.It becomes extremely hard to hit anything with 3 Horse Archery.Only if you trot or stand still you will be able to make anything but lucI love youhots...

Or you would need to be masterly skilled in using that bow...
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2012, 07:53:13 pm »
Make it 2 Slot and 5 PD.

Let's improve your suggestion - make it 3 Slot and 4 PD.
Or even better - make it 4 slot and 3 PD.

Are you sure that your suggestion is better than mine?

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2012, 07:57:39 pm »
look at black corsair, hes very good with his yumi on his horse and he has a 50+ ping :!:

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 08:07:06 pm »
look at black corsair, hes very good with his yumi on his horse and he has a 50+ ping :!:

Yes this is true, my horse get kill by 3 arrow from his Yumi, it doesn't needs buff. 6 PD with Arabian warhorse on Yumi = win

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 08:12:56 pm »
Let's improve your suggestion - make it 3 Slot and 4 PD.
Or even better - make it 4 slot and 3 PD.

Are you sure that your suggestion is better than mine?

Yes it is...Because it makes the Yumi fit into the horse archer niche.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2012, 08:23:24 pm »
Something is wrong with you or your suggestion dude

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2012, 11:56:12 pm »
+1
Nope.If you think about it, it´s only logical.

The Yumi is one of the "big 3" of the bows, namely the Long bow, Rus bow and the Yumi.Those are the "bigger" bows requiring 6 pd, with more damage and Accuracy.The thing that is supposed to make it unique and give it a niche right now is that it only needs 1 slot, contrary to the 2 of the other big bows.

This failed.Why?Simply because for a foot archer, if you aren´t going for style as a weaboo, one of the 2 other bows is almost always a better choice.For horse archers it fails because you need 6 pd, rendering you unable to get 4 Horse archery on level 30.

So, to make the Yumi a proper Horse archer bow, give it req pd5 and make it 2 slot.That way, it will be usable for the typical horse archer build.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2012, 01:25:50 am »
Nope.If you think about it, it´s only logical.

The Yumi is one of the "big 3" of the bows, namely the Long bow, Rus bow and the Yumi.Those are the "bigger" bows requiring 6 pd, with more damage and Accuracy.The thing that is supposed to make it unique and give it a niche right now is that it only needs 1 slot, contrary to the 2 of the other big bows.

This failed.Why?Simply because for a foot archer, if you aren´t going for style as a weaboo, one of the 2 other bows is almost always a better choice.For horse archers it fails because you need 6 pd, rendering you unable to get 4 Horse archery on level 30.

So, to make the Yumi a proper Horse archer bow, give it req pd5 and make it 2 slot.That way, it will be usable for the typical horse archer build.

Or you could always just learn how to shoot instead of balancing weapons around what you can and can't do.

As I've said, I've used the Yumi bow on a 18/21 HA build effectively, and it would appear that we even have a so called "Black Corsair" that's effectively using the Yumi from horseback, either I'm somehow an incredibly good shot on horseback despite sucking ass as a foot archer or you're just even worse than me.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2012, 02:04:00 am »
Black Corsair is the ONLY person I have ever seen use a Yumi well on horse back. Everyone else gets ripped apart by horn bow HA and gives up quickly. I've never come across another Yumi HA other than Black corsair that I can't beat. It's a hard weapon to master on horseback. Certainly not a reliable bow by any standards. It's in an odd niche at the moment.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2012, 02:10:05 am »
If you don't have a loom +3 Yumi like black Corsair then stfu please

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2012, 03:55:19 am »
Black Corsair is the ONLY person I have ever seen use a Yumi well on horse back. Everyone else gets ripped apart by horn bow HA and gives up quickly. I've never come across another Yumi HA other than Black corsair that I can't beat. It's a hard weapon to master on horseback. Certainly not a reliable bow by any standards. It's in an odd niche at the moment.

Doesn't mean it's any less effective, if one can do it, other people can.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2012, 07:07:48 am »
Or you could always just learn how to shoot instead of balancing weapons around what you can and can't do.

As I've said, I've used the Yumi bow on a 18/21 HA build effectively, and it would appear that we even have a so called "Black Corsair" that's effectively using the Yumi from horseback, either I'm somehow an incredibly good shot on horseback despite sucking ass as a foot archer or you're just even worse than me.

Same argument from the archer thread. Actual archers consider being able to shoot at range being effective, whereas others like yourself believe that being able to shoot a target from 20 feet is "effective". HA 3 is shite for being able to be anything more than a way to ride to different places, stop, then shoot, or doing the charge within 20 feet and fire that most HX use. Using that strategy, being a HX is more effective than any HA would, so why bother with a HA, Yumi or otherwise?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:12:17 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login