Poll

Who uses the Yumi?

I do and I love it!
I use it situationally.
I tried it and it sucked so I haven't used it since.
I looked at the stats and decided not to bother
What's a Yumi?

Author Topic: Who uses the Yumi?  (Read 6053 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Who uses the Yumi?
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:26:08 pm »
I'm trying to gauge how many archers or even pseudo-archers have tried or currently use the Yumi. If you have a personalized experience, post it up and tell us!
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
Re: Who uses the Yumi?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 08:31:07 pm »
+4
i know that black corsair rs use it, and pretty well.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 08:40:32 pm »
+1
Weaboos.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 09:41:01 pm »
I will use it. Assuming that I can find it, or have to buy 3 looms in a row.
It's stats are also nice. 2 damage for being only 1 point slower in speed. The only drawback is possibly the missile speed, and the existence of better bows for a ground archer.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:42:31 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 10:30:37 pm »
It's best 1slot bow. More accurate than hornbow\rusbow, with better rate of fire.

All this rumours about missile speed is overrated. Just remember what missile speed has hornbow before body\head shot rebalance.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:11:51 pm »
I liked using it on my horse archer with 18/21 build, only 3 HA but it's still fine.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 02:55:18 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

TLDR

yumi is a slightly slower slightly more powerful horn bow, with the lowest missile speed of all bows, less accuracy and higher difficulty requirement
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:00:38 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 04:17:00 pm »
I don't like it, but I've seen some good archers use it well.

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 04:19:19 pm »
I was interested in it after I noticed it has 1 slot but I didn't play with it yet. If 6 PD I always went Rus or Long Bow due to dmg reasons.
Probably gonna try it in a future generation.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 04:23:14 pm »
It's Epic. But I'll stick to my Long Bow.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 06:22:52 pm »
Hmm... Memento Mori if you're not using your yumi, would you be interested in trading it? I reeeeallly need that yumi. Pwetty please with marshmellows and sugar on top :oops:
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 01:38:07 am »
I used to use it, but frankly it's pretty useless. The main problem is that it has no long range capabilities, since it has some weird arrow 'dip' on it that makes it utterly useless past about 30m. It's just not accurate enough even at short distances and while it does pack a punch if you can hit with it, those hits are far too few and far between to make it viable as a bow choice over the Horn or Rus bow.

IMO, it should be a 5 PD weapon not a 6, since both the Rus and Long bow are more accurate and the speed difference between the Yumi and the Rus bow is negligable. Taking into account that it's only one slot, that puts it into the same class as the Horn bow which shoots much faster and more accurately (in my experience) and thus is a far more useful weapon (especially since the headshot buff). Conversely, the difference between the speed of the Yumi and the Rus basically isn't there, so why would you take an albeit 1 slot Yumi, when you can take a harder hitting bow with more accuracy?

This is the main problem with it I think, but it's probably set up this way because all weaboo weapons are either priced poorly, or made useless by their stats (i.e wakizashi). Either the Yumi should be more accurate, or faster firing or have it's power draw requirement reduced in order to make it an actually competative bow, rather than a style choice that most don't make because of it's uselessness.

My two cents.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 01:42:22 am »
I used to use it, but frankly it's pretty useless. The main problem is that it has no long range capabilities, since it has some weird arrow 'dip' on it that makes it utterly useless past about 30m. It's just not accurate enough even at short distances and while it does pack a punch if you can hit with it, those hits are far too few and far between to make it viable as a bow choice over the Horn or Rus bow.

IMO, it should be a 5 PD weapon not a 6, since both the Rus and Long bow are more accurate and the speed difference between the Yumi and the Rus bow is negligable. Taking into account that it's only one slot, that puts it into the same class as the Horn bow which shoots much faster and more accurately (in my experience) and thus is a far more useful weapon (especially since the headshot buff). Conversely, the difference between the speed of the Yumi and the Rus basically isn't there, so why would you take an albeit 1 slot Yumi, when you can take a harder hitting bow with more accuracy?

This is the main problem with it I think, but it's probably set up this way because all weaboo weapons are either priced poorly, or made useless by their stats (i.e wakizashi). Either the Yumi should be more accurate, or faster firing or have it's power draw requirement reduced in order to make it an actually competative bow, rather than a style choice that most don't make because of it's uselessness.

My two cents.

But did you used a non-loomed yumi or +3 yumi. Because as long as it's accuracy and missile speed is at a reasonable value, that means it is just fine. Which is increased by looms. Seriously guys. I want this weapon.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 02:49:54 am »
This is a lot more evenly split than I had expected to see. This demand here is something else I hadn't expected.
SibatamaLALA_Linsanity   24/04/2012 17:09   Masterwork Heavy Crossbow   3   0   Masterwork Yumi >   3   0
Kojiro007   24/04/2012 18:28   Masterwork Horn Bow   3   0   Masterwork Yumi >   3   100,000
SAMURAI_NaiCha   19/04/2012 12:58   Masterwork Long Bow   3   0   Masterwork Yumi >   3   0
Guard_Arokh_vom_Berge   22/04/2012 19:39   Masterwork Rus Bow   3   0   Masterwork Yumi >   3   0
Token_JesusNinja_MB   20/04/2012 14:40   Masterwork Spear   3   200,000   Masterwork Yumi >   3   0
Kapikulu_MahirTheKusucurtmaz   25/04/2012 00:09         1,400,000   Masterwork Yumi >   3   0
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 07:34:16 am »
But did you used a non-loomed yumi or +3 yumi. Because as long as it's accuracy and missile speed is at a reasonable value, that means it is just fine. Which is increased by looms. Seriously guys. I want this weapon.

Non-loomed of course. Heirlooms are meant to be rare, thus we can't balance a game based on how good a masterwork version of that weapon is. If it becomes godly at masterwork, so be it, but it takes 3 generations to get it there (or a lot of money and some risk). Would you balance stones on how good they are at MW? Or a shield? Lances? I've never seen that. 2handers maybe, but we must apply balancing rules consistantly across the board, or else it is chaos.