Author Topic: Raging over M  (Read 4686 times)

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
Re: Raging over M
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2012, 09:52:01 pm »
+1
If a TW results in my death I report.

If a TW is a result of you being a dumbass I report.

If you TW me in spawn I report.

If you TW me on purpose I report.

If you TW me on accident I report.

If you are my friend and you TW me as a joke I report.

If you are my enemy and you TW me I report.

If I fall off a ledge and fall to my death I report.

If you are ranged and shoot me when trying to shoot enemies I report.

:evil:
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Pantalones

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2012, 10:55:11 pm »
I forget what game it was but when you teamhit someone the damage was reflected onto you instead of them. This would solve a lot of issues with side swinging spammers and probably make everyone more thoughtful of their swings.

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 12:17:15 am »
I always keep one finger on the M key to make absoluty certain I can press it within the 15 seconds of allocated time without prejudice.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 12:19:33 am »
+6
This is why you automatically punish and instead use a FORGIVE system, not a PUNISH system.
Its only been around in Halflife for about 10 years now.  Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

An automatic punish system would also solve the problem of the report system not being fast enough when someone starts wailing on you and hits you twice for every report you can do.

FuckfaceMcGillacutty has teamhit you
Press M to 'forgive'
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:21:02 am by Digglez »

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 12:24:56 am »
This is why you automatically punish and instead use a FORGIVE system, not a PUNISH system.
Its only been around in Halflife for about 10 years now.  Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

An automatic punish system would also solve the problem of the report system not being fast enough when someone starts wailing on you and hits you twice for every report you can do.

Press M to 'forgive'

But I Hate forgiving people =(((.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 12:41:12 am »
+1
There's no need to report someone for an accident, i really hate it when people do this. Prepare to be insulted...

exactly

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 12:50:51 am »
I propose to press "N" to report a "M" abooze...

Its hould be something like "Someone pressed M on purpose"  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 12:31:43 pm »
I forget what game it was but when you teamhit someone the damage was reflected onto you instead of them. This would solve a lot of issues with side swinging spammers and probably make everyone more thoughtful of their swings.
new dawn for grievers. They just get between you and the enemy.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 02:08:23 pm »
Press M to 'forgive'

I would be too lazy to press M, therefore would never forgive.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 03:26:01 pm »
I press M if the person is just being careless. Honestly, don't get into melee fights if you don't know how not to TW. Recently, I have been TW'd at least once a round, for varying degrees of damage. Things like careless swinging or just spamming in a group really piss me off.

The only TW I don't report are those that are either done by a PRO player, or caused by a PRO player

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 03:31:57 pm »
I love it when I'm trying to help teammates by wiggling my Long Spear or Pike around them to save them and it accidentally scratches their shoulder. They typically always flip shits and tap M. A lot of KC players I think have a big issue with KUTT members (though I'm not sure what sparked it) because I will go through the trouble after hitting one of them to stop and type out a full apology along the lines of, "Sorry man, tried to pull it away." and 2-3 seconds later, after they've read the apology will still hit M.

It's a pain in the ass system, it is more of a trolling tool than it is anything because in siege, while you're breaking down a door you get some ass mole whom loves to jump in your way so you hit them and then they tap M and run away troll facing and giggling to themselves.

Should be a way for the attacker to know that they've teamhit someone as well, because half the time I do it to a teammate, I wasn't even aware it hit them and thought it had hit the enemy. I try to apologize everytime though, but people that instantly tap M after being teamhit are pretty big lords of the douche.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 04:07:42 pm »
I agree with Diggles, it should just be automatic.

It will be tough at first but people will learn to be more careful. 90% of TW are completely avoidable, it's all just carelessness, people recklessly swinging wide with teammates nearby (learn 2 overhead/stab in those situations, don't just keep spamming left click, hold back a second and line up your strike when someone is spinning off targets), people just being greedy and attacking anyways when there's basically a teammate between them and the enemy, or ranged people shooting into melee at terrible angles.

The only TW that's not avoidable is when 2 people swing at an enemy at same time, and the first one kills him so the second continues to travel and hits teammate. If corpses retained their physical properties for a few seconds that could be solved, cuz right now we all seem to be some kind of jedi ghosts.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:08:50 pm by Turboflex »

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2012, 04:11:27 pm »
+2
I typically sheath my sword at 4/5 and watch the people who reported me die.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 04:13:23 pm »
People who rage for getting reported please:

1. Dont hit teammates
2. You have to be reported 5 times in pretty short period for it to mean anything so if you get kicked you are hitting teammates a hell of a lot and deserve it

So any who want to rage at me if I report you - rearrange the following for hidden message:

off piss

PS when you get there - piss off some more

I don't rage over people m'ing, I make fun of them raging for m'ing.  Every time I've ever hit a teammate was on accident.  What does it say in the report?  It says if it was not an accident, to report them (or something like that).  If they are being retarded (which I've done a few times and hit teammates because of my mistake, still an accident, then you should M).  For some people they automatically hit M no matter what the circumstances, and those people are douche bags.  I've never team hit 5 times on a map, and I never will, but I'll still call a douchebag a douchebag when I see em.

And for the record, I basically never hit M unless it was from a person who M'ed me for no good reason, or if they were being really reckless.  team hits happen, nobodies perfect.  I don't think you should M someone unless they were being reckless or intentionally hitting you. 

The M system is dumb anyways, it should be automatic and have a cool down timer.  Any time something like this is left up to the players, it's going to be mis-used.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:15:32 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 05:20:28 pm »
80+ percents of teamhits are avoidable. the rest are hits through disappearing hitboxes or risk hits when its worth it.

Thuss I press M almost all the time, not that it changes anything, because I'm almost alone with this attitude (as the rest of you pretend to be the good guys). And because of you pretending to be the good ones, nothing will ever change and people won't ever give a fuck about hitting sbdy.

Actually what pisses me the most is when sbdy hits me multiple times and I manage to report him only once. Or if I die because of some total retard that hit me in completely stupid way before I get a chance to hit him back.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:23:00 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!