Author Topic: Raging over M  (Read 4695 times)

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
Re: Raging over M
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 03:22:43 am »
+3
f.e. if i get bumped within the first 60 and loose a noticable amount of my life
f.e. if a thrust or overhead would have done the job but i get sideswing spammed more then once by my own teammate because he is out of control or whatever
f.e. if a cav comes fullspeed couchlancing into a group where one or more friends are still in it
f.e. my teammate ranged fellow opens my block and causes my utter destruction that way (that causes for some  unconscious issues with this class to rise to the surface and makes me mad)

+

The general principle: Accidents happen, but carelessness is somebody's fault.  If I'm damaged by accident (e.g. the target dies and my friend's swing follows-through) no biggie, but if I'm damaged by a teammate shooting me in the back when I'm moving predictably that's not OK. 

I encourage folks to use M in most cases.  Ordinarily it doesn't do much, but it can sometimes help teach really careless players a lesson.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 04:18:38 am »
+1
Read it again.

(click to show/hide)

Read that report that pops up. I think you are clearly lacking in eyesight. Please have your eye's examined.

(Image stolen from a ban thread that's gone through already. used as reference only)

Also, I almost always press M regardless of who, or why. Teaches people to be careful. I have only ONCE recently gotten 4/5 from my own stupidity and had to be more careful afterwords.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:22:43 am by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 09:13:06 am »
+1
I dont M intentional team hits, I kick :D

I do however M for particularly careless teamwounds or teamwounds that lead to my death.  Otherwise I let it slide.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 10:10:00 am »
+1
f.e. if i get bumped within the first 60 and loose a noticable amount of my life
f.e. if a thrust or overhead would have done the job but i get sideswing spammed more then once by my own teammate because he is out of control or whatever
f.e. if my chrusthrough teammate cant predict the future of who walks where but he hits into the group mindlessly only to hit soemthing
f.e. if a cav comes fullspeed couchlancing into a group where one or more friends are still in it
f.e. if a cav repeatidly bumps me to the ground while i am in melee(well cant report that always but i take the freedom to produce suitable swearwords)
f.e. my teammate ranged fellow opens my block and causes my utter destruction that way (that causes for some  unconscious issues with this class to rise to the surface and makes me mad)

Generally this, however, sometimes it is just too much so I would like to add a couple:
In battle, when you are team bumped 5-6 different times, even if it is by different people, after the 3rd one, i press it. (i am light armored so those 3 bumps probably have taken around 40% hp)
When an archer shoots into a melee with more friends than foes and no gamechangers on the other side
When a person hits you twice in a few seconds, it might not be intentional, ok, but at least if you teamhit, please just stop a second and think before swinging/shooting/etc any more and makes me rage.
Also, the poor man that helps tries to save me in a 1vmany situation but, unluckily, hits me causing my death (be it ranged or melee). Im really sorry for pressing it here, but it is just annoying

This are generally just modifications or extensions of kinngrimms post, i know, but i think he just hit the nail with his post.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 10:34:56 am »
+1
I report for intentional hits OR hits where the person has clearly been a retard/been kill hungry/is an archer...

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 02:19:55 pm »
+1
Also, the poor man that helps tries to save me in a 1vmany situation but, unluckily, hits me causing my death (be it ranged or melee). Im really sorry for pressing it here, but it is just annoying
so true, this really has created inner conflicts for me. I did press in this situations M out of pure rage. You are as a shielder often ok with more a bit more enemies if you but get interrupted in your rythem and in the psychological warfare against those foes it can turn out badly pretty quick.
This shouldn't count to the cases where you press M, but just remember folks we are all human not only the dude who wanted to help us made a mistake, so forgive us if we press M here at times but sometimes RAGE M is the only choice left.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Moncho

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 02:28:16 pm »
+1
Also, something Ive done since before this system is also using QMB. It is the choice for request a ban poll, which (fortunately for me) doesnt work, but at least it works as a way of dispensing the rage, being like qmbqmbqmbqmbqmbqmb!!!

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 02:37:24 pm »
Also, something Ive done since before this system is also using QMB. It is the choice for request a ban poll, which (fortunately for me) doesnt work, but at least it works as a way of dispensing the rage, being like qmbqmbqmbqmbqmbqmb!!!
as i don't have the default key setting qml doesn't work at all for me, but before that i wouldn't have initiated pollbans/-kicks so i don't really miss out on that.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Moncho

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 02:53:14 pm »
+2
as i don't have the default key setting qml doesn't work at all for me, but before that i wouldn't have initiated pollbans/-kicks so i don't really miss out on that.

I dont start random polls either, what happened was that i tried to pollban someone like that because he tkd me on purpose, and it didnt work, and that gave me the idea :idea:

Reducing number of team hits required to kick someone out to 3 would immensely improve quality of this game:

On battle I would agree. On siege, however, in a much smaller setting and with many more respawns, I think 5 is fine.

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 03:22:52 pm »
M is good to have... for some idiots who really dont watch theire swings or do intentional teamhitting.

Still I hit M very seldom. Only when someone really annoyingly often teamhits.

It happens to everyone... so be moderate with M please. And five reports is good as it is. Dont change something that works just fine!

I know, sometime I also deserve to be Emm'd... but not on first little bruise in mass melee... it just happens!

Let it rain some common sense dear clouds above!

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 03:48:52 pm »
This report is still far from perfect.

The Trolls have understood how it works, and are now stacking STR.
You hit a friendly, he looses 5% of his health and report you : 1/5.
You hit a friendly, he looses 100% of his health and report you : 1/5.
You get bumped by a friendly cav, loosing 0% of health (can't report), while duelling an ennemy, who laughs and finishes you off the ground : 0/5

Something just not right with the system. But it's still a good improvement from before.

I'd rather have 3 M max, and people thinking twice before reporting. I know i report only thoses who definitely did something stupid, nearly intentionnaly, and who don't even bother saying sorry. But still, most of thoses trolls that hit 4/5 just stop going with friendlies, in case they achieve that 5/5, and wait for the next map... to start again.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:50:25 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 03:55:44 pm »
+4
There's no need to report someone for an accident, i really hate it when people do this. Prepare to be insulted...

Offline lonesome_killer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 04:17:16 pm »
WoW, everyone in this thread just got trolled by the OP so hard.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 06:02:49 pm »
Grow up you idiot and learn to read. This feature is for reporting INTENTIONAL teamhits, not every single teamhit.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline TheFocusedOne

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 09:12:45 pm »
The thing I can't abide is people wading into hallways with twohanded weapons swinging wildly, hitting everything - enemy or friend that gets in the way.

These same people are more often than not the ones that claim that 2-handed or polearm is the only legit/skillful build after I axe them in the face from 15 feet on the duel server.

Disclaimer:  I only ever use throwing in duel after first showing my opponent that I have them and clashing in melee at least once.  If they haven't taken the precautions to avoid getting axed after that, it is their own fault.