Poll

Which dominance is the worst to play against/be put up against on EU1 Battle?

Byzantium Dominance
GK Dominance
Peasant/randomer Dominance (if that were possible lol)

Author Topic: Oh Great Warriors of CRPG come forth once more and end this Byzantium Tyranny!!!  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
don't go in EU1 from 19h-22h and no problem for you. Best time to play is after 23h,it is under 100 players in server,less cav,and less clan ppl.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Both GK and Byzantium are owned by randomers from time to time.

And I think it's pretty even when it's one clan vs the other. On cav friendly maps the GK rape the randomer part of the Byzantium team and they lose due to being outnumbered, on cav unfriendly maps GK die/RQ.

For like half an hour. Currently I'm rolling some HA banner (black HA on white background).

And I'll pick any banner I want. Deal with it! 8-)

Me too.

I got the yellow banner with a red horse that virtually nobody uses and that's maybe the reason I'm being teamswitched all the time. I remember I used that banner when I started cRPG. Memories :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:30:27 am by Kafein »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
So, Byzantium, how much did you pay this guy? :lol:

Offline supy0

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Supyo
So, Byzantium, how much did you pay this guy? :lol:

I sucked him off.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
My nickname is Christo and what is this
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Just join a clan. Its more fun anyway.

I suppose one of the alt server could be called PubStarEU1/PubStarNA1 and have random balance.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Both GK and Byzantium are owned by randomers from time to time.

And I think it's pretty even when it's one clan vs the other. On cav friendly maps the GK rape the randomer part of the Byzantium team and they lose due to being outnumbered, on cav unfriendly maps GK die/RQ.

Me too.

I got the yellow banner with a red horse that virtually nobody uses and that's maybe the reason I'm being teamswitched all the time. I remember I used that banner when I started cRPG. Memories :D
there's also the fact that our banner is the most (ab)used one on public servers, so as a result clan members keep getting in separate teams thanks to randomers feeding on our banner :D.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
Many of us Templars don't go to EU_1, since is gay and full of gang.

Also go to EU_4 if you dont want banner balance.

I actually thought that Byzantium had died out :D, but they are obviously only on EU_1 (where I never am). So if you want to avoid them just go to another server....

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Banner hopping oppurtunists are the plague of this community. (Among many other things)

There has to be a change, as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 10:48:13 am by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 216
  • Infamy: 2461
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Just join a clan. Its more fun anyway.

No, it's not.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
there's also the fact that our banner is the most (ab)used one on public servers, so as a result clan members keep getting in separate teams thanks to randomers feeding on our banner :D.

Talk to GO/T/STR/DRZ about it I'm sure they'll be on your side.

It's sort of nice to have that counterbalancing effect that randomers will join successful banners, which will reduce how successfull that banner is. Banner balance wasn't meant for clans to rock x5 all day long. It was so that clan people could play together. And that shouldn't be done at the expense of balance towards randomers.

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
No, it's not.

If you just have minimal social skills its always more fun to play together with other people than alone.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
I will just mention that Native clans have played WB for years without clan balance of any kind and that in Native it has always been considered really rude for a clan to destroy server balance by trying to all log into the same team, to the point where clanners choose themselves to divide their forces somewhat equally on the teams; you still get to play with your team mates and you also get to fight them, just like in clan training.

And if there's below a handful on a team it's generally not considered 'clan stacking' and as such it is not that clan members never get to play together. Not saying it's necessarily better only that it's worth being mindful that what some here take for given is viewed as clear obstruction to server balance by another major part of the WB community. And the same goes for some mods, for example Vikingr, which with its smaller playerbase suffers even more when a few organized players decide to work together over voice comms. Also, on Native servers that sees a lot of clan activity clans usually get their chance to team stack when there are other clans playing on the opposite team. When it is fair.

Anyone can understand clan members wants to fight together but with the Native system it is still entirely possible (even if clans sometimes have to split up or just give the losing team a clan player or two, often all it takes to resume some semblence of team balance) and you won't see clans turning servers into their own private playgrounds.

Because the truth is, it takes no particular great effort or skillpool to absolutely destroy randomers with a little teamwork.

If nothing else, and it seems many in this community are very attached to clan stacking, it would definitely help server balance if clan banners were made exclusive so that not every nåb or lone wolf tired of getting steamrolled has the option of banner whoring.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:30:41 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
And the same goes for some mods, for example Vikingr, which with its smaller playerbase suffers even more when a few organized players decide to work together over voice comms.
Isn't that the entire point? The team that uses teamwork and strategy wins. If that is not a fair way of winning then what is? Seems like you think that winning should be entirely random if winning through strategy, teamwork or having better players is considered unfair.